[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thekazador

Jul 29, 2019
after update my server from 0.6.5 to 0.7.1, remove Enchiridion 2, confirm the remove stuff (/fml confirm) the server never start...

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Use autoeject fluids on the crucible with the block next to it, instead of ladle.

Yep I just figured that out, finally used up all the stuff and moved the Vat right next to the Crucible, now the liquids are transferring super fast. Wish I knew that 2 hours ago. LOL Part of the problem of doing a mod for the first time is this "trial and error" frustration, but it's the only way I seem to learn anything, by making mistakes. :) It's simple stuff too - unfortunately, I didn't leave myself enough space for a 2x2 Vat, had no idea I'd need to do that. That also caused me some frustration but it's just part of the learning experience, and it's really nobody's fault but my own, I should know better than to not give mods enough room by now. LOL

Last edited:

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything i have to do to get the Thaumcraft obeslisks to show up? I can't seem to find any. Do I just need to go to far away to unexplored chunks?

Also, my world wouldn't load at all until I deleted my HQM data in the save :( Just crashed to desktop after telling it to load and saying yes about the missing chisel stuff.

sslitherr1

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I wasn't able to answer - just got back from a wedding... I do have additional arguments in there (because of some other modpacks nuking my computer's performance). I will try it again to see if that helps out.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm testing .71 on a copy of my server and ran into what might be a bug.

Netherwart can only be planted (using crops) on soulsand but waila says it can't grow there. Waiting 10 minutes didn't yield any growth ticks so I think waila is correct that it won't grow.

I tried to plant nertherwart on tilled and untilled dirt and garden soil as well and it won't place so I'm guessing souldsand is correct but there is a bug not letting it grow.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused how I'm supposed to mine Cobalt Ore? I was able to mine Ardite using my Terrasteel pickaxe, but I can't mine Cobalt with it tho - shouldn't Ardite and Cobalt be equivalent? The tooltip for Cobalt says I need "Cobalt" level pickaxe, so if it isn't a catch-22 situation, what am I missing? Do I have to waste Ardite on an Ardite pickaxe to mine Cobalt to make Manyullyn? I got this from a tips page, it makes me think that's the solution? I hate wasting Ardite because I've seen exactly one block of it, but I've disovered at least 20 Cobalts - really dislike the "Ardite camouflage"...

- What's the tool mining level progression?
0. Flint, Bone, Vitreous
1. Netherrack, Copper
2. Iron
3. Bronze, Manasteel
4. Alumite, Elementium
5. Thaumium, Pigiron, Koboldite
6. Steel, Terrasteel, Elemental, Titanium
7. Cobalt, Ardite
8. Void, Manyullyn
9. Osmium, Bound, Chameleon, Refined Glowstone

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything i have to do to get the Thaumcraft obeslisks to show up? I can't seem to find any. Do I just need to go to far away to unexplored chunks?

Also, my world wouldn't load at all until I deleted my HQM data in the save :( Just crashed to desktop after telling it to load and saying yes about the missing chisel stuff.

I have explored 30+ new worlds and I was told to use a Sinister Loadstone to hunt for them. So I tried using it to search the last few worlds, and I have located a few totems and plain Sinister nodes, but no Obelisks. You can try and set the option for retrogen in the Thaumcraft config to true for Structures. However for me it didn't work, or at least 15,000+ blocks in multiple directions. Sorry I can't help any more than that. But that is what I have been doing All day now. I didn't want to start a new game/Thaumcraft unless I new there was at least one, because that is the one thing I haven't done in that mod.

Here's the million dollar question, how do Obelisks work? I mean, say I find one and try a worldedit/mcedit it into my world. Would it work?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I have explored 30+ new worlds and I was told to use a Sinister Loadstone to hunt for them. So I tried using it to search the last few worlds, and I have located a few totems and plain Sinister nodes, but no Obelisks. You can try and set the option for retrogen in the Thaumcraft config to true for Structures. However for me it didn't work, or at least 15,000+ blocks in multiple directions. Sorry I can't help any more than that. But that is what I have been doing All day now. I didn't want to start a new game/Thaumcraft unless I new there was at least one, because that is the one thing I haven't done in that mod.

Here's the million dollar question, how do Obelisks work? I mean, say I find one and try a worldedit/mcedit it into my world. Would it work?
There's a creative obelisk spawner in NEI, however it doesn't come with a sinister node, so you'll need to stick a sinister node in there between the pedestal and actual obelisk.

nebula21

Jul 29, 2019
after patch my world does not start, stuck on loading world "MushroomIsland present" how to fix it? pleas

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much. It's only one ingot though. :)

How so? I see I need a block of Manyullyn to make both a Cobalt seed and an Ardite seed, so that means I need at least 18 Ardite and 18 Cobalt before I get unlimited amounts from Essence?

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Where are players' HQM progress stored? I'm trying to figure out what happened to my quest progress.

It was wiped but I'm trying to see if it was due to being in a party or not.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
How so? I see I need a block of Manyullyn to make both a Cobalt seed and an Ardite seed, so that means I need at least 18 Ardite and 18 Cobalt before I get unlimited amounts from Essence?

You have to "waste" only one single ingot to make a pick head, and then you can mine cobalt to make manyullyn. That's how it's only one ingot.

Reactions: rivvest

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Right, so the difference between 18 and 19 isn't much. =)

I personally had plenty of ardite so it wasn't an issue for me. but I'm sure it might be different for others. Of course I hope you don't get my luck with emerald ore. I spent over 20 hours of mining in the nether before I found my first and only emerald ore block. That is 20 hours after finding every other ore. I wasn't a happy person that week.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You have to "waste" only one single ingot to make a pick head, and then you can mine cobalt to make manyullyn. That's how it's only one ingot.

Fair enough - thanks for explaining. I hope I can find more Ardite, it always seems to hide on me!

Right, so the difference between 18 and 19 isn't much. =)

I personally had plenty of ardite so it wasn't an issue for me. but I'm sure it might be different for others. Of course I hope you don't get my luck with emerald ore. I spent over 20 hours of mining in the nether before I found my first and only emerald ore block. That is 20 hours after finding every other ore. I wasn't a happy person that week.

Yeah, I totally hear ya. It's happened to me in other modpacks. But I hope it doesn't ruin your day to tell you I walked around for less that 5 minutes before finding every ore in that quest, including both emerald and diamond. :) In fact, I had the hardest time finding the single block of Ardite, it was tucked in a very tight place. One tip I've learned over time - "moody" lighting and Ardite Ore do NOT mix well. I turned my lighting up to 100% and finally found the Ardite hiding like the cowardly block that it usually is. LOL Which only leaves Cobalt and Sulfur...

Good grief, I just was looking at Cobalt and Ardite seed recipes and I see I need to run the Railcraft steel ingots thru the Blast furnace AGAIN to turn them into "Refined Steel"? Here's what I think of that: :mad:
Edit: It goes a lot quicker than the steel ingots took.

And I also realized it isn't 18, its 27 each of Ardite and Cobalt since each seed also requires a block of itself in addition to a block of Manyullyn...

Last edited:

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough - thanks for explaining. I hope I can find more Ardite, it always seems to hide on me!

Yeah, I totally hear ya. It's happened to me in other modpacks. But I hope it doesn't ruin your day to tell you I walked around for less that 5 minutes before finding every ore in that quest, including both emerald and diamond. :) In fact, I had the hardest time finding the single block of Ardite, it was tucked in a very tight place. One tip I've learned over time - "moody" lighting and Ardite Ore do NOT mix well. I turned my lighting up to 100% and finally found the Ardite hiding like the cowardly block that it usually is. LOL Which only leaves Cobalt and Sulfur...

Good grief, I just was looking at Cobalt and Ardite seed recipes and I see I need to run the Railcraft steel ingots thru the Blast furnace AGAIN to turn them into "Refined Steel"? Here's what I think of that: :mad:

And I also realized it isn't 18, its 27 each of Ardite and Cobalt since each seed also requires a block of itself in addition to a block of Manyullyn...

Remember you only need 4.5 ore to make a block of cobalt or ardite. (ore doubling for the win)

also, make the seeds of the ore you least of. that way you cang row the ore you are missing. =)

Lastly, refined steel is much faster to process than making steel itself. So getting the refined steel isn't too bad.

FirefoxAegis

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been getting this when I load my old world after updating every time, anyone got any idea how to fix it?
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 9
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.quests.Quest.read(Quest.java:1283)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.Team.loadData(Team.java:852)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:605)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:513)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:497)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:403)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:102)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:432)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_549_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 12
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.quests.Quest.read(Quest.java:1283)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.Team.loadData(Team.java:852)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:605)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:513)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:497)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:403)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:102)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:432)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_549_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
[13:43:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

It looks like a problem with HQM itself, but I'm not well enough versed in coding to be able to fix it >.>

Cobalt_Cat

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all. I have been playing this pack for a while now, and I just decided to update to version 0.71. I went around and broke all of my crops that needed to be planted on new land (according to the changelog) and I created a backup of my world. I went and relaunched the pack with the update applied and loaded my world. All of my quests were screwed up. I used the HQM Edit OP book to restore any quests that I had completed but I noticed some bizarre "broken" quests that would not complete and update. The book said to shift-click on the quest to complete it... which I did for a while... and eventually I even tried grabbing the items in the world without the quest prompting me to see what would happen. Nothing seemed to work. This isn't that big of a deal to me, but they are worth some reputation points that I would like restored. Does anyone know of a solution yet? Should I just revert to 0.65 and restore my backup?

Here is a picture of the quest screen if this helps anyone...
2015-03-15_22.16.15.png

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all. I have been playing this pack for a while now, and I just decided to update to version 0.71. I went around and broke all of my crops that needed to be planted on new land (according to the changelog) and I created a backup of my world. I went and relaunched the pack with the update applied and loaded my world. All of my quests were screwed up. I used the HQM Edit OP book to restore any quests that I had completed but I noticed some bizarre "broken" quests that would not complete and update. The book said to shift-click on the quest to complete it... which I did for a while... and eventually I even tried grabbing the items in the world without the quest prompting me to see what would happen. Nothing seemed to work. This isn't that big of a deal to me, but they are worth some reputation points that I would like restored. Does anyone know of a solution yet? Should I just revert to 0.65 and restore my backup?

Here is a picture of the quest screen if this helps anyone...
View attachment 16084

Exact same issue, no idea how to solve it. I say do what I did and just load your backup and revert back to .65 until thephoenixlodge can get the quests to do right.