[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Ah k, then why would the obilisks be causing the lag on start up for people updating?
I went and specifically turned on retro gen for thaumcraft structures and upon startup after updating it only took about 5 mins to load the world :-S

That's why I said I could be wrong :oops:

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Edited since retrogen of Thaumcraft structures is disabled so my point was not valid. Also, since Thaumcraft retrogen is disabled, it shouldnt be the cause of the long waiting time....

I'm wondering if there some other retrogen in the update that is causing this maybe some kind of new block or something has changed how worlds are generated and they need to be converted first but... it could end up being another tiny config hiccup lol

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
plz help me... im so poor on witchery... i dont understand. i put max amount of melons and pumpkins, botania head, skull, wither skull, dat golden cup, candlier and a torch and still have only 2000power. i need 3000 for the mutation sprig

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
You need more living things around the alter, the stuff on it just adds a multiplier. Try adding a garden and some trees nearby.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
plz help me... im so poor on witchery... i dont understand. i put max amount of melons and pumpkins, botania head, skull, wither skull, dat golden cup, candlier and a torch and still have only 2000power. i need 3000 for the mutation sprig
Grass, trees, flowers, vines, spanish moss all around the altar. You can also place the Arcana on the altar to increase the range from which these things boost power.

Reactions: Elmazz

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering if there some other retrogen in the update that is causing this maybe some kind of new block or something has changed how worlds are generated and they need to be converted first but... it could end up being another tiny config hiccup lol
I'm testing it now.

Created an empty world in 0.6.5 and now updated it to 0.7.

And ohhh boy... its taking is time for an empty world with only a few chuncks generated. And that is because the problem doesnt seem to have nothing to do with the world. I still need to run another test when this finishes converting but I'm pretty convinced the problem is with HQM. When he loads the HQM quests progress from the player and nothing matches with the new quest layout, items required, dependencies(and 0.6.5 had a lot of performance issues with quest dependencies) and all sort of things confliting and it takes a long time to sort this configs.

When it finishes and if I dont anything else in the logs that indicate any other issue, I will test creating a new world in 0.6.5 but before upgrading it to 0.7 I will delete the HQM progress save and see if still happens. If not, 0.7 will probably require a nice 'world reset recommended' tag :p

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Grass, trees, flowers, vines, spanish moss all around the altar. You can also place the Arcana on the altar to increase the range from which these things boost power.
Build a small room(11x11 or something like that) below the altar and fill it with flowers, botania flowers work pretty well!

ShaimaaElshatter

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I need HELP!!
after downloading the pack 0.7 today, it keep crashing :) I try to open my existing saved world then I receive the attached message, I click yes then it crash. I run the FTB launcher and the pack again and the crash keeps repeating, I used my backup saves still the same crashes. Pleaaase don't tell me I had to start over.
New Picture.jpg

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Something changed with the ExtrabiomesXL. Now using mutandis on grass mostly gives me flowers instead of saplings. And when it does, it's some useless saplings, which also don't register in the quest book, making it very hard to progress through the sapling quest.

Now the mutandis we get from quests is not enough, we have to grind it.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Something changed with the ExtrabiomesXL. Now using mutandis on grass mostly gives me flowers instead of saplings. And when it does, it's some useless saplings, which also don't register in the quest book, making it very hard to progress through the sapling quest.

Now the mutandis we get from quests is not enough, we have to grind it.

Afaik both of these are intended changes

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I need HELP!!
after downloading the pack 0.7 today, it keep crashing :) I try to open my existing saved world then I receive the attached message, I click yes then it crash. I run the FTB launcher and the pack again and the crash keeps repeating, I used my backup saves still the same crashes. Pleaaase don't tell me I had to start over.
View attachment 16094

Can you post a crash report as it would be a lot more helpful :D

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So.... the long time converting worlds is caused by HQM trying to match the old saved progress with the new quests and failing left and right!

Removed the HQM data progress before converting a world(this is in a fresh new world. Create, save and exit), it only took seconds. To compare, I tried to convert the same world but not deleting the HQM save files, after 10 mins it still was converting. And suddenly, my pc started to behave strangely. CPU at 100%... FTB console not responding.... And I know exactly what was happening... So I killed all the process and will never find out how much time it would take :(

Why my CPU was at 100% and console stop responding? Crash log was already at 250Mb with errors from HQM and console was having a hard time trying to write on such a big file...

@thephoenixlodge I thing this is a good reason to recommend a world reset or at least to delete the HQM save files and start quests from beginning or cheating. From a previous experience with another pack where this happened, even after the quest save file becomes converted, there will be all sort of problems with the quests so the ideal solution is to delete the file or start a new world.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
As for cheating in the garden soil on upgrading a well progressed world, that's fine by me. However I find it kind of sad that people are choosing to downgrade to 0.6.5 (all the notable issues of which are fixed in 0.7.x) mostly because of soil requirements, which I warned were happening right near the start of 0.7 development - about a month ago.

Meh, the only reason I'm hanging back in .65 is because quests seem to be pretty badly buggered. No matter what I did, some refused to reset at all. Heck, I've even got like five or six stacks of fertilizer ready to upgrade my farm, but I don't want to upgrade if my questbook is broken like the first time I tried to upgrade to .71.

And for the record, one quest refused to actually complete despite showing itself as completed before going into it (like, not flashing, but also missing components and the immediate next quest was locked, manual detect button was also still usable), a couple after it that were grayed out as a result, and a few various ones that no matter what I did, somehow managed to not actually give the rewards (including reputation) even when I cheat-completed them. Until this gets fixed, there's no way I'm busting my quests.

And here I was, so excited for the new quests, especially now that I can feel okay getting into Thaumcraft. Oh well, back to crossbreeding.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I need HELP!!
View attachment 16094
See my previous post. You are probably crashing due to memory constraints. The launcher might crash trying to write on a big crash log and takes the client with him.

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
Is it posible to create a new world in .71 and import a player inventory from .65?? Id like to play in a new seed but keeping some items from my previous playthru. And if so, how do i do it???