[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
That is disappointing. Its just another grind pack now.
yup... sorry, but i think im quitting this pack.... after 0.7.1 update quests got pretty much restarted... my farm.... i have planted magical crops on 22x18 area... so now i need like 22x18x8 saplings to continue... grinding is not fun anymore

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
yup... sorry, but i think im quitting this pack.... after 0.7.1 update quests got pretty much restarted... my farm.... i have planted magical crops on 22x18 area... so now i need like 22x18x8 saplings to continue... grinding is not fun anymore
yes let us complain about setbacks that are to be expected and a bloody alpha pack if it was a full released version then yes let us whine but no its alpha

harrylipwig

Jul 29, 2019
Oh please, it's not even that hard to do. It doesn't even take that long with sprinkers and agricarnations
I agree, it's not remotely hard. It's just not necessary. Don't fix what's not broken. I'll just have to it bit by bit. I'd have preferred to have down it all first like I did in 65.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
i wondered what would happened if i crossbred two 10/10/10 seeds and they produce 5/5/5 :) if any1 else was curious

Yeah, that seems a touch unnecessary, in my opinion. Especially considering that you can't even use 10/10/10's to bolster plant growth anymore. I personally plan to keep on playing the pack (good thing I'm hanging around in .65), but I can't say I'm particularly fond of the increased grind.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I've put together what I did to get myself from 0.65 to 0.71 with quests intact.. hopefully others find this useful or can expand upon it.
Note: Always take a backup of your world first! Do not apply these steps to your original save. In case of error, you can start over and try again. Use at your own risk, I am not responsible for loss of saves, quest data, yadda yadda and etc.
Note: The time investment is proportional to how many quests you have completed. In my case, I had around 180 complete, and this process took me about 30 minutes.
Note: The initial upgrade of a world takes some time, be patient and ignore the HardcoreQuesting errors in the console, they are really just warnings. Keep waiting. My world takes around 5 minutes to upgrade, on a newer system, with not much of the world explored.
- Once the world has loaded, pause your game -- there's still things happening in the background and you will notice lag. In my case, I found that waiting a few minutes then restarting Minecraft entirely got rid of that lag.
- Now, onto the quest book. You'll notice that all of your reputation is lost, only Chapter 1 is available, and that it is a mishmash of completed quests. Fixing this is what's going to take the most time. Dump all of your inventory into some chests. The basic process will be 1) complete quests, 2) collect rewards, 3) dump those rewards (unless you want to be a cheater :D). Having a completely empty inventory makes this faster. Find a safe spot to stand where you can toss items away (I went for the ocean). Life will be a lot easier if you are protected from monsters or if you turn on peaceful during the process.
- You'll need to have cheats enabled to accomplish this, so if you're in single player, go to the menu and Open to LAN, be sure to select Enable Cheats. I don't play multiplayer, but I assume you will need op privileges for the next bit.
- Now that you can run cheats, in the chat type: /hqm edit -- this will give you a quest book you can use to re-complete your quests.
Note: If you want to make things just right, do not just dive in and start completing quests! There is a potential to over-reward yourself with reputation.
- The first thing you want to do, though counter-intuitive, is reset all the quests. This is done on the main menu page of the HQM edit book by hold Control and Shift, then clicking the "Reset" button. This has to be done to clear out the problems in Chapter 1. If you do not do this, you will not be able to re-complete all Chapter 1 quests, which prevents some other quests from unlocking, which prevents you from getting your reputation points.
- Now that you have a completely reset quest book, go into chapter one, and shift-click on all the quests you have completed. There are new quests in here, so be sure to leave those incomplete. Once your inventory is full, time to dump it. The easiest way is to hold down Control, Alt, and Space, then click an item in your inventory. This will throw everything out (once for the hotbar, once for the rest). Now give yourself another book with /hqm edit in the chat. Continue through the chapters, shift-clicking quests, claiming rewards, and dumping. You will have to bounce around between the chapters; some quests are triggered by reputation, or quests from other chapters. If you get caught up with where you were, congratulations, you are ready to toss the OP book, grab your gear, and get back to regrowing the world!
- For me, this was not enough, I hit a wall - Quests weren't opening up that I knew I had completed, a bunch in the Botania and Witchery quest lines, as well as Chapter 5. Some quests are secretly triggered by holding items in your inventory. Pick up all of the following items you have or can make: Leather, Gold Ingot, Aluminium Ingot, Lapis Lazuli, Redstone, Shards, Diamond, Blaze Rod. This should unlock the rest of the quests and hopefully with that, you can continue completing quests to the point you were in 0.65.

Last edited:

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe my expectations are just skewed from running a lot of TFC and such recently, but when I started playing this pack I went in with the expectation that I was going to be doing a lot of multi-tasking while things "cooked".

Of course I'm one of those degenerates who is gleefully starting a whole new world just for 0.7.1 because having a complete quest book is boring. =)

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
k sorry for being so rude... i used rivvest's advice and cheat completed the quests i've done. i dont know... im playing for fun, so maybe ill cheat in the garden soil to recover... i dont know

FirefoxAegis

Jul 29, 2019
k sorry for being so rude... i used rivvest's advice and cheat completed the quests i've done. i dont know... im playing for fun, so maybe ill cheat in the garden soil to recover... i dont know
Also, potatoes or melons are probably going to be better for soil farming, just max them out and use them instead of saplings :3

Reactions: Elmazz

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, it's not remotely hard. It's just not necessary. Don't fix what's not broken. I'll just have to it bit by bit. I'd have preferred to have down it all first like I did in 65.
Edit minecraft/config/agricraft/Configuration.cfg and change Farming difficulty to 1, this will return it to the prior behavior.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
used up all the mana to fly above the ocean and drop the rewards xD
atleast coal essence wasnt nerfed :D still gives 12 coal per 8 essence :D got 64x64 of essence from golem farming on 065 :D

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I've put together what I did to get myself from 0.65 to 0.71 with quests intact.. hopefully others find this useful or can expand upon it.
Note: Always take a backup of your world first! Do not apply these steps to your original save. In case of error, you can start over and try again. Use at your own risk, I am not responsible for loss of saves, quest data, yadda yadda and etc.
Note: The time investment is proportional to how many quests you have completed. In my case, I had around 180 complete, and this process took me about 30 minutes.
Note: The initial upgrade of a world takes some time, be patient and ignore the HardcoreQuesting errors in the console, they are really just warnings. Keep waiting. My world takes around 5 minutes to upgrade, on a newer system, with not much of the world explored.
- Once the world has loaded, pause your game -- there's still things happening in the background and you will notice lag. In my case, I found that waiting a few minutes then restarting Minecraft entirely got rid of that lag.
- Now, onto the quest book. You'll notice that all of your reputation is lost, only Chapter 1 is available, and that it is a mishmash of completed quests. Fixing this is what's going to take the most time. Dump all of your inventory into some chests. The basic process will be 1) complete quests, 2) collect rewards, 3) dump those rewards (unless you want to be a cheater :D). Having a completely empty inventory makes this faster. Find a safe spot to stand where you can toss items away (I went for the ocean). Life will be a lot easier if you are protected from monsters or if you turn on peaceful during the process.
- You'll need to have cheats enabled to accomplish this, so if you're in single player, go to the menu and Open to LAN, be sure to select Enable Cheats. I don't play multiplayer, but I assume you will need op privileges for the next bit.
- Now that you can run cheats, in the chat type: /hqm edit -- this will give you a quest book you can use to re-complete your quests.
Note: If you want to make things just right, do not just dive in and start completing quests! There is a potential to over-reward yourself with reputation.
- The first thing you want to do, though counter-intuitive, is reset all the quests. This is done on the main menu page of the HQM edit book by hold Control and Shift, then clicking the "Reset" button. This has to be done to clear out the problems in Chapter 1. If you do not do this, you will not be able to re-complete all Chapter 1 quests, which prevents some other quests from unlocking, which prevents you from getting your reputation points.
- Now that you have a completely reset quest book, go into chapter one, and shift-click on all the quests you have completed. There are new quests in here, so be sure to leave those incomplete. Once your inventory is full, time to dump it. The easiest way is to hold down Control, Alt, and Space, then click an item in your inventory. This will throw everything out (once for the hotbar, once for the rest). Now give yourself another book with /hqm edit in the chat. Continue through the chapters, shift-clicking quests, claiming rewards, and dumping. You will have to bounce around between the chapters; some quests are triggered by reputation, or quests from other chapters. If you get caught up with where you were, congratulations, you are ready to toss the OP book, grab your gear, and get back to regrowing the world!
- For me, this was not enough, I hit a wall - Quests weren't opening up that I knew I had completed, a bunch in the Botania and Witchery quest lines, as well as Chapter 5. Some quests are secretly triggered by holding items in your inventory. Pick up all of the following items you have or can make: Leather, Gold Ingot, Aluminium Ingot, Lapis Lazuli, Redstone, Shards, Diamond, Blaze Rod. This should unlock the rest of the quests and hopefully with that, you can continue completing quests to the point you were in 0.65.
An easier way to handle deleting the items would be to set NEI to cheat mode and once you have an inventory full just hold shift and click the trashcan icon in the top left.

As for cheating in the garden soil on upgrading a well progressed world, that's fine by me. However I find it kind of sad that people are choosing to downgrade to 0.6.5 (all the notable issues of which are fixed in 0.7.x) mostly because of soil requirements, which I warned were happening right near the start of 0.7 development - about a month ago.

Nelleam

Jul 29, 2019
This topic has been visited and revisited quite a few times, and I believe the information was included in the .7 changelog.

Sorry, I did read back all the way back to the post about .71 going live. I guess I needed to go back another few pages. I also read the change log, but I only saw that magic crops needed garden soil, not that you could not till the garden soil for flowers, although that was mentioned in a post about ten pages back which I missed. I didn't mean to cause any trouble.

Very much so, and it states as much in the questbook.

Sorry, I guess I went for the poppy seeds too early, because I was trying to get my crops back to where they were in my .65 world. I did not see all the quests for seeds in "The life of the world". At least I have a bunch of rewards ready to be claimed on that page now. I hope everyone will forgive me. I don't have a lot of experience posting on forums. I tried to make sure I wasn't repeating a question that was already answered elsewhere, but i failed miserably. I really enjoy playing this pack. Thankyou for making it.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
Also, potatoes or melons are probably going to be better for soil farming, just max them out and use them instead of saplings :3
oh... i thought only saplings work. wow! pumpkins give 4 seeds each. so if i max it out i could get 4 pumpkins = 16seeds =2 compost! tanks xD

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
oh... i thought only saplings work. wow! pumpkins give 4 seeds each. so if i max it out i could get 4 pumpkins = 16seeds =2 compost! tanks xD
If you hover over the input slots of the compost bin any item in your inventory that can be used will be highlighted.
Sorry, I did read back all the way back to the post about .71 going live. I guess I needed to go back another few pages. I also read the change log, but I only saw that magic crops needed garden soil, not that you could not till the garden soil for flowers, although that was mentioned in a post about ten pages back which I missed. I didn't mean to cause any trouble.
Sorry, I guess I went for the poppy seeds too early, because I was trying to get my crops back to where they were in my .65 world. I did not see all the quests for seeds in "The life of the world". At least I have a bunch of rewards ready to be claimed on that page now. I hope everyone will forgive me. I don't have a lot of experience posting on forums. I tried to make sure I wasn't repeating a question that was already answered elsewhere, but i failed miserably. I really enjoy playing this pack. Thankyou for making it.
Don't worry about it. In 0.7.1 I changed it slightly so that the poppy and dandelion seeds required the compost bin quest anyway as it did make sense. And honestly I probably wouldn't have thought to do so if you hadn't said anything.

Reactions: Elmazz

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
If you hover over the input slots of the compost bin any item in your inventory that can be used will be highlighted.
oh :D the more you know i guess ;D thanks.
i wont cheat in the soil :d i have like 40stacks of potatoes and almost done with upgrading pumpkin seeds to max :D i just wish there was a way to speed up the compost bin without making a crap ton of them

Last edited: