[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any good way to store energy in this pack before you get into Mekanism or AE? With the boilers you really want to keep them running for a long time since they are so inefficient at startup - the problem I have is no place to store much generated energy. I don't see anything in BC to store energy and of course TE is not in the pack.

What I have done so far is build a railcraft tank to hold the generated steam, so I can just turn that into energy when needed, but I am at 5x5x7 and it only holds 2.8 million mb which is not all that much steam. If I rebuild it to max size it is huge (9x9x8) and still only holds 10 million mb. That is for iron - I don't have steel production yet.

Mekanism has energy cell type blocks but not sure how to get into Mekanism - since I don't have osmium seeds and I need a block of osmium and a block of manyuleum to make the seeds. I don't think I have seen osmium in the nether and I can't mine cobalt or ardite. Not sure exactly what the pick progression is supposed to be there or if I am supposed to wait until a quest gives me something. I have an alumite pick and anything I can mine in the nether I have 10/10/10 seeds for anyway.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Violette, should have thought of that (Mycelium). And no, I did not RTFM. Silly me, all the info is right there! I'm liking the mod a bit better now. :)

Except I still cannot find an ocean for hundreds of blocks around my location. What am I going to do for that Oyster/Pearl quest? sigh Ah well, I'll figure it out I guess. A lot of wandering aimlessly (but at least I have a mapbook now).

I walked for four days to find an ocean. I picked a direction that looked like it had the lowest elevation and stuck to it. Holed up (literally) at night. Along the way I did gather easy resources so I had a good initial load or sticks, charcoal, clay and some basic seeds when I finally hit a beach. Scouted for lava pool in the area before I settled also. And coral reef for oysters. :) I did an earlier trial run to see what mod was like, so had some experience (though not nearly enough!) to give me an idea what sort of resources I wanted close.

The worst part of the long trip is knowing you can't die. Dying means you start over from go. May as well start a new world if that happens.

Still haven't died. Came too close one time when I decided I'd just jump down my oil well and save some windy stair walking down. Bad idea. Can't swim in oil in this version (may be different in next with change to Mariculture I saw mentioned.) I was panicking and trying to side-mine in the long shaft down, but finally bottomed out around 30. Once I was standing on the bottom I mined sideways, then closed off the passage behind me to drain it. Then at least I could stop worrying my anti-drowning poppet would expire on me (fortunately, I was running around with my snorkel on too so I could actually see somewhat...) After that it was a simple mine stairs back up job. And a quick trip to change my leggings...

No, it was just oil sogginess, not what you;re thinking! Really!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to pipe water into the Agricraft Water Tanks? I've got BC Emerald fluid pipe extracting water from my Railcraft Tank using a Wooden Engine, but I can't get an Iron Fluid Pipe to insert the water into the Agricraft tank, I tried the bottom, the sides and the top. I'm not very good with BC fluid pipes, haven't used them since 1.4.7 days...

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to pipe water into the Agricraft Water Tanks? I've got BC Emerald fluid pipe extracting water from my Railcraft Tank using a Wooden Engine, but I can't get an Iron Fluid Pipe to insert the water into the Agricraft tank, I tried the bottom, the sides and the top. I'm not very good with BC fluid pipes, haven't used them since 1.4.7 days...
Is the output direction of the iron pipe set to go to the water tank? Iron fluid pipes only have one side that's an output. I've had no issue using the BC pipes to go into the agricraft tanks, but I just used golden fluid pipes.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion I'll let you know what happens.

Making eggs may be easier, but to get feathers from fish you need to catch some butterfly fish (as I recall that is the species) and then process them in a crucible giving you fish oil (can be used to make fishing rods or as a fuel) with the feather being an occasional secondary output. Painful, but I got some leather down that route before I had cows too.

Ended up with a feather earlier from killing a jockey chicken.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is the output direction of the iron pipe set to go to the water tank? Iron fluid pipes only have one side that's an output. I've had no issue using the BC pipes to go into the agricraft tanks, but I just used golden fluid pipes.

EDIT: Nevermind, now it's working using just the golden fluid pipe, I definitely tried that once and it didn't work. sigh Oh well, onward.

Last edited:

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Well I have done it, finally changed a small part of the Wasteland to Taiga Hills! The Rite of Shifting seasons covered in todays episode
{- It's all in there

Reactions: tetshio

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
As far as chickens go… once you have your first 2-4 chickens, you're done unless you prefer a diet of chickens… Place a hopperhock near the chickens and let it collect the feathers and eggs… I'm at the point now where I am beginning the assembly of my AE system and I've used less than 4 stacks of eggs or feathers. Mostly for my runes. Even a single chicken caged on a hopper is all you really need.

I had my chicken coop making more eggs (and feathers) than I can use long before I had a hopperhock. :) Old-fashioned hoppers as the floor of a small coop ending in a chest. Still haven''t gotten round to rebuilding it. Not broken so haven't fixed it. On the other hand, my test spot for making something else using hopperhocks was within 10 of the coop and had mana, so it was stealing eggs from the coop since the chest was clogged. I just tossed the eggs against the nearest wall and let the chick roam. We're repopulating the world!
Meanwhile, my overcrowded pigpen has its own ways of seeding pigs. Keep finding them roaming outside.

And as for seeds to make chickens (as someone else was asking)... who needs them with this huge egg surplus?

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Golden pipe didn't insert into the tank, so that's when I decided to try Iron Fluid Pipe. Yes, I know about flipping the output with the BC wrench, and no it didn't change the situation.

I also don't know if this Railcraft Water Tank that pulls moisture out of the air is gonna provide enough water for my 8 Agricraft Sprinklers I have going. Sick of filling them all by hand with buckets!

I've had no issues with piping water into the agricraft tank using BC pipes. Now I have had issues with the agicraft tank showing the correct water level in it. So perhaps that is what you are having issues with? Relogging sometimes fixes that for a few minutes.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
And as for seeds to make chickens (as someone else was asking)... who needs them with this huge egg surplus?

I thought I'd need a bunch to make Botania plants, each plant requires one seed. But I've since realized having one stack is plenty for now.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Only just started playing minecraft last week for the first time and tried this mod on someones suggestion, I'm totally addicted! Was wondering if it was possible to easily automate getting ingots/blocks out of the smeltery however? Doing some googling it seems this is possible with vanilla with huge convoluted redstone circuits but I figured maybe something a bit easier was included in the mod pack. Would be great to not have to stand there clicking whilst smelting ingots.

There's a relatively simple way to give redstone pulses to the faucet, by using a JABBA barrel with a redstone upgrade. That requires 10 redstone though (which you can find in witch circle buildings pre-nether, there's a dispenser with cool loot in the middle).

You make two barrels with hopper upgrades and facades, and one of them emits a redstone pulse when empty. Then you put an item into one of them, and they pass that item into each other. The one with the redstone upgrade also emits a pulse when it loses the item, and triggers the smeltery faucet:

How it looks:

RbFaCcY.png

Just the barrels:

7UT2fN8.png

KrbRlAc.png

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've had no issues with piping water into the agricraft tank using BC pipes. Now I have had issues with the agicraft tank showing the correct water level in it. So perhaps that is what you are having issues with? Relogging sometimes fixes that for a few minutes.

yeah, one moment it wasn't doing anything, the next it was working perfectly... except I need a LOT more water than I have coming in - maybe four of the Railcraft Siding Tanks will be better but I wish we had a simple aqueous accumulator...

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
i dont even use iron tanks for water xD i made a pump, put it under infinite water pool, gave it power (because i got tired of my boiler exploding xD) and put the mariculture tank next to the pump :D water for barrel from agricraft is being filled as fine as the boiler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
There's a relatively simple way to give redstone pulses to the faucet, by using a JABBA barrel with a redstone upgrade. That requires 10 redstone though (which you can find in witch circle buildings pre-nether, there's a dispenser with cool loot in the middle).

You make two barrels with hopper upgrades and facades, and one of them emits a redstone pulse when empty. Then you put an item into one of them, and they pass that item into each other. The one with the redstone upgrade also emits a pulse when it loses the item, and triggers the smeltery faucet:

How it looks:

RbFaCcY.png

Just the barrels:

7UT2fN8.png

KrbRlAc.png
never would thought of that GJ!