[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

ditowildcat

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing this mod pack and I am having a hard time finding any dead wood to start off the quest book. I have looked for a long time and I don't know if it is generating or not.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
well i havent found Aluminium seeds yet, also what soil i need for Mushroom seeds/spores? because i tried cobblestone, sand, red sand, stone, dirt ... nothing works
You won't find seeds, you make them initially.. you want to stay focused on the questing around seeds… you will want them all, so just keep focused there for now as much as you can.

ditowildcat

Jul 29, 2019
I find that when I start the game in Survival mode there is absolutely no slate and no dead wood. Creative mode however generates these items. Any reason for this?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I find that when I start the game in Survival mode there is absolutely no slate and no dead wood. Creative mode however generates these items. Any reason for this?
Hmm maybe create the world with biomes of plenty enabled? I think I read something about that quite a few pages ago.

himan935

Jul 29, 2019
so, i downloaded Optifine and Fastcraft, and the world loads fine, but when I try to activate(i think that's the right word) a resource pack i downloaded through the launcher, it just freezes. it doesn't crash, but mc stops responding, and the console window thing stops doing things after a bit. I killed mc, but when i tried to reload it, it froze again. I ended up having to delete the resource pack from the folder, and i'm typing this as it loads. hopefully one of you guys knows what the problem is? The only things i changed in optifine was turning off all animations, the sky, and the sun and moon. maybe depth fog too, i dont remember. the texture pack i was trying to apply was Invictus. minecraft normally takes a while to apply resource packs, but it's never completely frozen before like that.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

I just started playing this mod pack and I am having a hard time finding any dead wood to start off the quest book. I have looked for a long time and I don't know if it is generating or not.

I've seen this too. I started a world and had the dead wood everywhere. But I got stuck and needed to creative-fly to find an ocean, so I copied my seed and started a copy of my world except I selected Creative Mode... when I spawned, there was no Dead Wood or Slate Blocks for hundreds of chunks... very odd, I even posted here about it a while back... it became even more odd when the Dead Wood trees began to show up as I flew 400-500 blocks from spawn or so...

I don't know what to tell you, except to ask - did you enable cheats? My theory is that there is some problem with creative mode and the mod that adds the Dead Wood and Slate blocks. In my "real" world, not the "creative-test" world, I did NOT enable cheats. That's the only difference I can identify between my two worlds, so I have to make the logical connection since I don't have any other information to go on - there are no other differences between the two worlds.

So, did you "enable cheats" when you started your world? That would tend to confirm my theory if so, and if you did, you could restart your world using the same see but don't enable cheats and check if the Dead Wood appears for you. If you didn't enable cheats and are using Survival Mode, then I dunno what to tell you...

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
so, i downloaded Optifine and Fastcraft, and the world loads fine, but when I try to activate(i think that's the right word) a resource pack i downloaded through the launcher, it just freezes. it doesn't crash, but mc stops responding, and the console window thing stops doing things after a bit. I killed mc, but when i tried to reload it, it froze again. I ended up having to delete the resource pack from the folder, and i'm typing this as it loads. hopefully one of you guys knows what the problem is? The only things i changed in optifine was turning off all animations, the sky, and the sun and moon. maybe depth fog too, i dont remember. the texture pack i was trying to apply was Invictus. minecraft normally takes a while to apply resource packs, but it's never completely frozen before like that.

I get this freezing/hanging when using optifine on the FTB launcher so maybe someone that uses optifine will let us know what version they are using and then maybe that'll work for you better.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to complete the quest with the five Botania Runes... I've finally made four of them, but there's one Rune left and it requires a feather... from examining NEI, it appears that I might be able to get a feather from a fish? Is that accurate? So as I indicated above, I just flew around a copy of my world and finally found an ocean 1500 blocks from my home base. Before I make a long expedition, I need some help: is it correct to say that, in order to make the last Rune I need, I can get a feather from a fish? And secondly, if I bring a fishing rod, will that be all I need? I see the chance to obtain a feather from a fish is rather low, a 4% chance, and is there only one fish that will give me a feather (a Butterfly Fish)? For obvious reasons I'd like to know this information before I make the long trip to the ocean I found.

Can I just fish in any of the small "dirty water" pools? Will that give me the correct fish, and get me a feather, or must I go to the ocean? I'm trying the small pool right now without any luck. The main reason I flew around to find an ocean is because I know there is a quest requiring Oysters/Pearls and I know I needed to find the nearest Ocean Biome for that quest... but I'll deal with the Oysters later, for right now I just want to complete the Rune quest. Thanks for help as always.

ditowildcat

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen this too. I started a world and had the dead wood everywhere. But I got stuck and needed to creative-fly to find an ocean, so I copied my seed and started a copy of my world except I selected Creative Mode... when I spawned, there was no Dead Wood or Slate Blocks for hundreds of chunks... very odd, I even posted here about it a while back... it became even more odd when the Dead Wood trees began to show up as I flew 400-500 blocks from spawn or so...

I don't know what to tell you, except to ask - did you enable cheats? My theory is that there is some problem with creative mode and the mod that adds the Dead Wood and Slate blocks. In my "real" world, not the "creative-test" world, I did NOT enable cheats. That's the only difference I can identify between my two worlds, so I have to make the logical connection since I don't have any other information to go on - there are no other differences between the two worlds.

So, did you "enable cheats" when you started your world? That would tend to confirm my theory if so, and if you did, you could restart your world using the same see but don't enable cheats and check if the Dead Wood appears for you. If you didn't enable cheats and are using Survival Mode, then I dunno what to tell you...
Thanks for the suggestion I'll let you know what happens.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to complete the quest with the five Botania Runes... I've finally made four of them, but there's one Rune left and it requires a feather... from examining NEI, it appears that I might be able to get a feather from a fish? Is that accurate? So as I indicated above, I just flew around a copy of my world and finally found an ocean 1500 blocks from my home base. Before I make a long expedition, I need some help: is it correct to say that, in order to make the last Rune I need, I can get a feather from a fish? And secondly, if I bring a fishing rod, will that be all I need? I see the chance to obtain a feather from a fish is rather low, a 4% chance, and is there only one fish that will give me a feather (a Butterfly Fish)? For obvious reasons I'd like to know this information before I make the long trip to the ocean I found.

Can I just fish in any of the small "dirty water" pools? Will that give me the correct fish, and get me a feather, or must I go to the ocean? The reason I flew around to find an ocean is because I know there is a quest requiring Oysters/Pearls and I know I needed to find the nearest Ocean Biome for that quest... but I'll deal with the Oysters later, for right now I just want to complete the Rune quest. Thanks for help as always.
Not sure if you've done the part about getting the spawn eggs yet… Chicken eggs are the very first part.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Can I just fish in any of the small "dirty water" pools? Will that give me the correct fish, and get me a feather, or must I go to the ocean? I'm trying the small pool right now without any luck. The main reason I flew around to find an ocean is because I know there is a quest requiring Oysters/Pearls and I know I needed to find the nearest Ocean Biome for that quest... but I'll deal with the Oysters later, for right now I just want to complete the Rune quest. Thanks for help as always.
I'm monitoring this question because I'm working on the same quest :)

Edit: ninja'd by grimjahk.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019

To answer your question directly about fishing… you can fish in any body of water. It's better if the water is at least 2 deep and you have enough space for the cast to stop on it's own… 3 wide 2-3 deep and 10-12 long would work great. The pack has modified the configs so that any fish can spawn in any biome.

Reactions: asb3pe and Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you've done the part about getting the spawn eggs yet… Chicken eggs are the very first part.

Hmmm, haven't seen such a quest yet but thanks. I did get a Cod Fish out of a small pool, so it appear you can indeed fish in them, but perhaps it's time to re-think my strategy... I'm still dreading the long trip to the ocean for the Oyster/Pearl quest, I think I might have to make a Nether Portal shortcut to the Ocean because I know I'm gonna get all the way there and find out I forgot something important and have to travel all the way back home... nearest ocean is 1300 blocks away, groan. LOL

akasia

Jul 29, 2019
can some 1 tell me whatn is this error?
try so many way just happen on regrowth only such as reinstall java reinstall regrowth form 0.65,0.64,0.5 olso having same isus and just don know wat had happen.....
Code:
Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Regrowth v 0.5 MC 1.7.10
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Regrowth 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 4096
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[22:42:36] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[22:42:36] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
   at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
   at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
   at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I just re-created the seed I was playing in that worked as a survival with cheats. Sure enough the dead wood appeared. Cheats must be on for it to generate properly. Good to know.

Well if you typed that properly, then you've actually experienced the exact opposite of my situation. I did NOT enable cheats in my "real" world, and dead wood is everywhere, but in my "test" world, I DID enable cheats and no dead wood showed up for hundreds of blocks.

Hey, if you've got Dead Wood, then go for it! I don't know why enabling cheats should change anything, but that was just my theory based on my experience.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, haven't seen such a quest yet but thanks. I did get a Cod Fish out of a small pool, so it appear you can indeed fish in them, but perhaps it's time to re-think my strategy... I'm still dreading the long trip to the ocean for the Oyster/Pearl quest, I think I might have to make a Nether Portal shortcut to the Ocean because I know I'm gonna get all the way there and find out I forgot something important and have to travel all the way back home... nearest ocean is 1300 blocks away, groan. LOL
Just in case you didn't know… There are ten chapters of quests in the book, you have to scroll down a bit for the "Life" quests.

Reactions: Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
can some 1 tell me whatn is this error?
try so many way just happen on regrowth only such as reinstall java reinstall regrowth form 0.65,0.64,0.5 olso having same isus and just don know wat had happen.....

What java version are you running? And are you using any custom java arguments?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Just in case you didn't know… There are ten chapters of quests in the book, you have to scroll down a bit for the "Life" quests.

Oh my goodness, you are awesome, I totally missed that fact. But I think you already knew that from the way I responded. :) Thanks Grim!