[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

SeraphLucisEli

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, I have been having a problem with summoning Leonard, I added all the ingredients in the correct order for the first two parts of the Bane of Tibbz quest and have sufficient power in the nearby altar but he still doesn't appear. Am I missing something?

Replying despite my lack of Regrowth/Mod experience since I happened to see a set of videos addressing Leonard. Not only do you need sufficient altar power and the correct order of the numerous ingredients, your Skill Level for Witches' Brews need to be at 12. This is improved by grinding out custom brews on the cauldron; a read through of the book aptly titled "Witches' Brews" is recommended. You should be able to see your level by using a Seer's Stone. Once you take some time leveling up that skill, you should be all set to call the guy.

Side-note: In the video I watched, the player had a nightmarish time trying to fight down the boss and got stuck in the invulnerability phase. He would break the guy out of that state but whatever damage he did would already be regenerated. A quick glance through the comments says that you are expected to use the Witchery's brewing system to the utmost to shred through and neutralize most of the boss' abilities. I leave it to your research and theory-crafting for what would work in the end, since I'm not the one you should be asking for in depth info on this mod (lack of play experience). As a commentor put it: "This is basically a final exam to test whether you paid attention and learned the mod or just rushed through the quests and progression."

Hope that helps.

Extra Edit: I also remember that drawing Ritual Circles around the cauldron as described in the book will mitigate the altar power cost, if you want to soften the massive drain.

Reactions: Draconicrose

rjwboys

Jul 29, 2019
Replying despite my lack of Regrowth/Mod experience since I happened to see a set of videos addressing Leonard. Not only do you need sufficient altar power and the correct order of the numerous ingredients, your Skill Level for Witches' Brews need to be at 12. This is improved by grinding out custom brews on the cauldron; a read through of the book aptly titled "Witches' Brews" is recommended. You should be able to see your level by using a Seer's Stone. Once you take some time leveling up that skill, you should be all set to call the guy.

Side-note: In the video I watched, the player had a nightmarish time trying to fight down the boss and got stuck in the invulnerability phase. He would break the guy out of that state but whatever damage he did would already be regenerated. A quick glance through the comments says that you are expected to use the Witchery's brewing system to the utmost to shred through and neutralize most of the boss' abilities. I leave it to your research and theory-crafting for what would work in the end, since I'm not the one you should be asking for in depth info on this mod (lack of play experience). As a commentor put it: "This is basically a final exam to test whether you paid attention and learned the mod or just rushed through the quests and progression."

Hope that helps.

Extra Edit: I also remember that drawing Ritual Circles around the cauldron as described in the book will mitigate the altar power cost, if you want to soften the massive drain.
was that video you watch of direwolf20

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, I have been having a problem with summoning Leonard, I added all the ingredients in the correct order for the first two parts of the Bane of Tibbz quest and have sufficient power in the nearby altar but he still doesn't appear. Am I missing something?

i dont know about needing a brew level, because it worked fine for me and i only brewed the brews i needed as crafting ingredients. i was wearing the witches brewing outfit, i dont know if that helped.
i do know that the power required is a lot higher than the number stated in the quest book. but if you draw some infernal circles around your cauldron it should work with less power.

SeraphLucisEli

Jul 29, 2019
was that video you watch of direwolf20

Actually, that's the one I'm referring to. He drew my attention to the pack itself. I found that the quest-line gives a serviceable guideline towards learning the mods one by one, so I've been enjoying it so far. Pretty sure it helped me wrap my head around a good chunk of Botania mechanics.

Of course, this means I'm technically spoiled for mod/progression content. Fortunately, my lack of actual playtime gates me from using most of the far off things until I catch up in experience. At least I have a tangible goal to work towards... As a bonus, I quickly learned that it's just better to invest time in actually learning what a mod offers and keep it in a kind of mental playbook (like that point about knowing the brew system).

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Of course, this means I'm technically spoiled for mod/progression content. Fortunately, my lack of actual playtime gates me from using most of the far off things until I catch up in experience. At least I have a tangible goal to work towards... As a bonus, I quickly learned that it's just better to invest time in actually learning what a mod offers and keep it in a kind of mental playbook (like that point about knowing the brew system).

Probably no worse than some of us are for having played previous versions. :D

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Probably no worse than some of us are for having played previous versions. :D
So very, very true @OniyaMCD. It was done on 0.7.4, but I highly recommend FunshineX's video of the Leonard fight. He shows (and explains) the mechanics of the fight very well. I am nowhere near doing that yet, but I will refer back to him for pointers. FunshineX, Landstryder, Purple Mentat, and Raetec all have lots of good tips (that I use in my own world) and are well worth watching if you have a slow moment or 4.

Edit: The "mind like a steel sieve" completely forgot Delgar3 and especially his tutorial series! (The dragon slinks into his cave in shame.)

Last edited:
A

axel4340

do passive botania flowers (daybloom/nightshade) still have the adjacency thing going on? its not written in the book that they do so i was wondering if it was removed when they added the decay effect?

SeraphLucisEli

Jul 29, 2019
So... I know this is a topic on the modpack itself, but I hope people won't mind me asking for a little help on a crash. Any lead to which exact forum section I should go to will be much appreciated.

While playing with Regrowth, some news about mods soon porting over to 1.8.9 came to my attention. I thought to try opening up a world with just a few mods via curse, but something seems to critically fail every time I try to launch the game itself, even with all mods disabled.

2016-02-11 09:57:24,653 WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream
[09:57:24] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[09:57:24] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:344) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

This is the exact log that pops up per crash, even through spending time enabling/disabling mods one at a time. That line about PermSize is gone now, as I chopped the Java argument it refers to myself. Didn't change much else though. I lack the kind of knowledge to understand where exactly things are going wrong here, though I might be able to with a little help.

To add something actually on topic: I've been trying a few arrangements to auto-farm some key essences. As it turns out, that info on hopperhocks really helped me decide the size and layout of the farm. However, my next obstacle came in the form of the processing stage. I've been reading about issues on the auto-assemblers not working as intended, is that still a thing? I would like to know if that's something fixable or not. Just manual crafting them will have to do until then, though this really messes with what I wanted to do with the mana generation I did just before...

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about your other problem, but I've been successfully using the auto-assemblers. They need a redstone signal when first placed, although that can be turned off.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, what are you guys using for harvesting? Right now I have golems putting things in chests, then an underground network of pipes leading to a Drawer controller, which distributes the items in the right drawers.

Is there another solution? The golems are kinda slow.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
For agricraft crops, I have one golem to harvest and a hopperhock to gather. Might be a bit faster than a gather-golem.

A

axle2005

Hey, what are you guys using for harvesting? Right now I have golems putting things in chests, then an underground network of pipes leading to a Drawer controller, which distributes the items in the right drawers.

Is there another solution? The golems are kinda slow.

I have BC Harvester Robots doing it all, I don't think they would be much faster than golems, but then Hopperhocks pick it all up, Ultimate pipes (From Mekanism) pull from the chest and along the way to my ME system, it is all auto processed. Took a while to set up, but I never am in need of resources.

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
For agricraft crops, I have one golem to harvest and a hopperhock to gather. Might be a bit faster than a gather-golem.
This is what I do too, it seems plenty fast for me.

I have a 9x9 grow room for production purposes with a harvest golem and a hopperhock, and just plant 1-4 of each crop I need. That produces way more than I use (currently have 50k iron ingots and climbing), although I do run my world on a private server, so it's producing 24x7.

The harvest golem is straw with a speed upgrade, so he's pretty fast.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
This is what I do too, it seems plenty fast for me.

I have a 9x9 grow room for production purposes with a harvest golem and a hopperhock, and just plant 1-4 of each crop I need. That produces way more than I use (currently have 50k iron ingots and climbing), although I do run my world on a private server, so it's producing 24x7.

The harvest golem is straw with a speed upgrade, so he's pretty fast.
You should run them through the Mekanism 5x ores processing just for the fun of it

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
You should run them through the Mekanism 5x ores processing just for the fun of it
I'm only processing to the x2 stage (enrichment, smelter) right now, but the full x5 could be amusing if totally pointless in this world :)

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, those hopperhocks are amazing. Thanks! This will speed up everything. Time to finish my ME system.

For those wondering, the hopperhock is considerably faster than the two gather golems I had working, with better range, and it doesn't get stuck.

Last edited:

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, those hopperhocks are amazing. Thanks! This will speed up everything. Time to finish my ME system.

For those wondering, the hopperhock is considerably faster than the two gather golems I had working, with better range, and it doesn't get stuck.
Actually, the Hopperhocks are TOO good, will pick up above and below as well, so be careful where you build other projects...

Reactions: SolManX
H

hip0c

Hey guys, quick little issue here. So essentially my friend and I have been playing Regrowth for a couple of days now (I'm hosting) when suddenly I lost connection to my server. When I relaunched the server, my friend can connect and play on the server normally but I can't. Every time I try I get a message saying "[User Authenticator #1/INFO:] UUID of player Redmoron is e19654fa-fd78-4112-ac61-6547885fe676", and then the server crashes and can no longer be connected to, not even by my friend. I can restart it and he can connect but I still get the same... error? if that's what it can be called. I'm not sure why this happened, I stepped away from my computer for a few minutes and didn't touch anything and when I came back this had happened in my absence. Anybody know what's going on?

This is Redmoron's friend. He deleted his UUID as suggested by someone on this thread, and it worked. We were able to play for a few more days without issue, but suddenly the problem came back up, but this time it was my login attempt that was crashing the server. Redmoron deleted my UUID in his server files, but that solution doesn't seem to do anything. Is this one of the mods in the pack acting up? What can we do?