[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
If you have AE autocrafting:
1. Teach AE how to make your saw of choice.
2. Teach AE each carving step along the way (cobble +saw = slabs, slab + saw = panels, etc.)
3. Set up an interface configured to keep a stack of cobble corners stocked at all times.
4. Your choice of item transport from interface to condenser.
5. ....
6. Profit

AE will autocraft new saws as the old ones break, craft whatever is needed to meet the demands of the interface, and will never "overcraft" the corners.

The advantage here over other autocrafting options is that AE will be smart enough to replace the saw as needed. Other methods will require additional work to manage the saws.

I think I will take this a slightly different route... I'm a bit of a distance from Autocrafting, but I have my Thaumic crystallizer all set up and Flying through materials... so I figure I would take advantage of that with an overflow buffer after it fills a drawer...

So, the "New Question" is: Which base item ( or magic crop) generates the highest aspect count per harvest? I'm back to thinking about the Tree Farm using FIR - if it will work. (fir logs have 4 aspect each and the byproduct of the saplings will keep my BioMass generators fed)

Magic crops: Wither skulls (2 plants, 8 essence, 20 aspects per skull)

Think I found the winner: Ghast tears!! (13 aspect per tear, 6 essence = 6 tear, one plant = 52 aspect)

Anyone find a better choice?

SeraphLucisEli

Jul 29, 2019
So... I've been toying with automating mana for a bit. Turns out I have no idea how redstone mechanics work... XD

I know I want to use a comparator on the mana pool to cut the automatic generation, but I got stuck on how I'm going to trigger hoppers/open crates for a specific duration (Wanted to start with 8 endoflames). Not really sure how I can avoid dropping one or a stream of items. Experimentation with a TC magic hourglass proved confusing and fruitless so far. While I will continue to research possible methods on my own, I would appreciate any leads towards a solution.

In the meantime, I'll just clean up the mess that is my base and actually organize my structures into some kind of cohesion. You know it gets bad when the only thing with any semblance of order is a manual farm tower...

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
So... I've been toying with automating mana for a bit. Turns out I have no idea how redstone mechanics work... XD

I know I want to use a comparator on the mana pool to cut the automatic generation, but I got stuck on how I'm going to trigger hoppers/open crates for a specific duration (Wanted to start with 8 endoflames). Not really sure how I can avoid dropping one or a stream of items. Experimentation with a TC magic hourglass proved confusing and fruitless so far. While I will continue to research possible methods on my own, I would appreciate any leads towards a solution.

In the meantime, I'll just clean up the mess that is my base and actually organize my structures into some kind of cohesion. You know it gets bad when the only thing with any semblance of order is a manual farm tower...
This is a fairly easy setup (and the same thing I use):

But just for the sake of fun, I will Complicate it slightly in my description:

You need the following (Top to bottom)

Source (chest, drawer, Barrel, or my favorite: B-Space Barrel
Control (hopper that feeds down to)
Distribution (Open crate from Botania)
Air gap
Wooden pressure plate.

If you set that up correctly you can walk under the Open crate and stand on the plate

Now run redstone straight back from the pressure plate and get that signal up to the Hopper. You can do it with alternating Redstone torches or just block-step the signal around and up there. The important part is that the "On" signal from the plate is synced up with what gets to the hopper.

This is how it works...

The Control will pull from the Source and feed the distribution, Distribution drops the fuel straight down on to the plate which triggers the redstone, the redstone signal tells Control to interrupt the flow to the Distribution. Once the Endoflames have collected the fuel, they clear the plate and the redstone signal is interrupted allowing the Control to once again feed the Distributor.

This works exceptionally well for Coal and Charcoal. Blocks of Coal and charcoal have a 6 minute burn time... Items will despawn after 5 minutes, If you use blocks, you have the risk of losing more material than you are gaining with the conversion to the block...

HOWEVER... if you put a Hopperhock within range of the plate that feeds back to your source... all is good forever,

Additionally, there is a flower that will negate the effects of your Magnetization ring, plant that about 4 blocks behind the plate and you'll never accidentally collect the fuel

Hope this was helpful!

SeraphLucisEli

Jul 29, 2019
This is a fairly easy setup (and the same thing I use):

But just for the sake of fun, I will Complicate it slightly in my description:

You need the following (Top to bottom)

Source (chest, drawer, Barrel, or my favorite: B-Space Barrel
Control (hopper that feeds down to)
Distribution (Open crate from Botania)
Air gap
Wooden pressure plate.

If you set that up correctly you can walk under the Open crate and stand on the plate

Now run redstone straight back from the pressure plate and get that signal up to the Hopper. You can do it with alternating Redstone torches or just block-step the signal around and up there. The important part is that the "On" signal from the plate is synced up with what gets to the hopper.

This is how it works...

The Control will pull from the Source and feed the distribution, Distribution drops the fuel straight down on to the plate which triggers the redstone, the redstone signal tells Control to interrupt the flow to the Distribution. Once the Endoflames have collected the fuel, they clear the plate and the redstone signal is interrupted allowing the Control to once again feed the Distributor.

This works exceptionally well for Coal and Charcoal. Blocks of Coal and charcoal have a 6 minute burn time... Items will despawn after 5 minutes, If you use blocks, you have the risk of losing more material than you are gaining with the conversion to the block...

HOWEVER... if you put a Hopperhock within range of the plate that feeds back to your source... all is good forever,

Additionally, there is a flower that will negate the effects of your Magnetization ring, plant that about 4 blocks behind the plate and you'll never accidentally collect the fuel

Hope this was helpful!

Now that's a thing I can understand and use, and here I was trying something unnecessarily complicated with TC redcrystals... That set up completely solves the item distribution! Adding a comparator signal on the Control should allow me to cap out generation once the pool gets full. Might settle for just coal pieces for now as I have yet to automate my farms (the next project). I might even use a carpenter's pressure plate set to react only to items if possible; wouldn't hurt to prevent derp ups.

Just so I got this concept down: Use of sparks and particular augments should let me divert mana from this build into several pools, right? Recessive to push away from main charging pool, Dominants to pull into vital pools such as whichever powers that portal, and at least one Dispersive to charge my tablets should work for a good while...

Huge thanks for that solution there! This should be the first of many automations done right. Next step, farms.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Now that's a thing I can understand and use, and here I was trying something unnecessarily complicated with TC redcrystals... That set up completely solves the item distribution! Adding a comparator signal on the Control should allow me to cap out generation once the pool gets full. Might settle for just coal pieces for now as I have yet to automate my farms (the next project). I might even use a carpenter's pressure plate set to react only to items if possible; wouldn't hurt to prevent derp ups.

Just so I got this concept down: Use of sparks and particular augments should let me divert mana from this build into several pools, right? Recessive to push away from main charging pool, Dominants to pull into vital pools such as whichever powers that portal, and at least one Dispersive to charge my tablets should work for a good while...

Huge thanks for that solution there! This should be the first of many automations done right. Next step, farms.
Yes, you have that down... What I did was a chain of pools... with the last pool being my primary for altar and potions, with my spark... by routing my total flow of mana through a few pools downstairs first that allows me to always maintain a standard reservoir and burn through all my excess with my Loonium.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Just for the Halibut,

A petite Hopperhock will grab from a 3x3x3 CUBE, a petite with mana pool (dilute works quite well) will grab from 5x5x5, a normal Hopperhock will grab 11x11x11, and a normal with mana pool will grab an insane 21x21x21. If you make them floating, you can stick them anywhere. The TC Redcrystal will let you get a signal up a wall a little more compactly, and a mana spreader with Potency Lens will handle at least a dozen Endoflames with no trouble. Without the lens, 4 overwhelms it.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Without the lens, 4 overwhelms it.

This is dependant on the distance between spreader and pool. The closer they are, the faster the spreader will move mana. Pretty sure a non modified spreader can handle 7-8 if placed directly next to a pool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
This is dependant on the distance between spreader and pool. The closer they are, the faster the spreader will move mana. Pretty sure a non modified spreader can handle 7-8 if placed directly next to a pool.

This is correct, If you place even a regular mana spreader right up against a pool you can get up to 10 before it overwhelms it (i use a 21 pool setup fed by endoflames to run my mana mirror and terrasteel generator. Each pool has 8 to 12 endoflames with a mana spreader directly below the mana pool with sparks used up top to move mana around).

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know what the node manipulator from gadomancy does?
i tried using it but even after infusing 300 vis into a node i could still not see a difference.
it looks really cool but i have no idea what it actually does to a node.

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know what the node manipulator from gadomancy does?
i tried using it but even after infusing 300 vis into a node i could still not see a difference.
it looks really cool but i have no idea what it actually does to a node.
It will change the type of node it is....pure, normal, bright,...etc. not sure if it will change to hungry though so be careful.

SeraphLucisEli

Jul 29, 2019
This is correct, If you place even a regular mana spreader right up against a pool you can get up to 10 before it overwhelms it (i use a 21 pool setup fed by endoflames to run my mana mirror and terrasteel generator. Each pool has 8 to 12 endoflames with a mana spreader directly below the mana pool with sparks used up top to move mana around).

Huh... That explains why my Elven Mana Spreader had trouble with just one Kekimurus after moving things around. Guess I'm tweaking my set-up a bit again.

@Yobur: Yeah, I finally found a use for those crystals; exactly how I sent my signal to my hopper. Used them plus a dense one and a remote comparator to basically stick the entire compact circuit on the wall. Also, that info on hopperhocks will be helpful for my later projects, thank you!

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Huh... That explains why my Elven Mana Spreader had trouble with just one Kekimurus after moving things around. Guess I'm tweaking my set-up a bit again.

@Yobur: Yeah, I finally found a use for those crystals; exactly how I sent my signal to my hopper. Used them plus a dense one and a remote comparator to basically stick the entire compact circuit on the wall. Also, that info on hopperhocks will be helpful for my later projects, thank you!
Most welcome.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019

Argelius

Jul 29, 2019
Hey. Not sure if this has come across the forums yet but I am having issues with growing essence seeds in certain spots. The spots don't seem to be any different than the other spots they grow and I can't figure out why it says "this seed can't grow here" but one plot in either direction, it will grow fine. There is nothing over it to stop it but a ceiling that is 3 blocks high, its not against a wall or anything but open air, I can't make any sense of why it won't grow at all. Has anyone else run into this issue at all?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Hey. Not sure if this has come across the forums yet but I am having issues with growing essence seeds in certain spots. The spots don't seem to be any different than the other spots they grow and I can't figure out why it says "this seed can't grow here" but one plot in either direction, it will grow fine. There is nothing over it to stop it but a ceiling that is 3 blocks high, its not against a wall or anything but open air, I can't make any sense of why it won't grow at all. Has anyone else run into this issue at all?

How's the lighting on that spot?