[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Harvester Robot and Hopperhocks.
OMG such an improvement, my one robot is keeping up with 8 4x4 with ease, and my Auto-Workbenches convert the essences (when I want them to) in line during transport to storage.
I have two harvester robots covering an 11x11 (max hopperhock range). One would probably be enough, but two is better if I ever turn on my Lamps of Growth.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I have hopperhocks centered in a quad of 4x4s... so normal coverage without mana upkeep. I maxed out on materials so fast I just rotated out the crops I wanted for what I have excess on.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Thaumcraft include moving nodes "mechanics", which comes with certain cost like research, vis etc. and obviously need some effort. Your way is basically free. So IMHO it's broken as F.
Not for this pack. Nodes are easy to come by, you even get loads as quest rewards in this pack, and these silverwood nodes are really small. If any part of this is OP then it's the Manasteel Grafter, and I bet there's a config option to turn off silverwood sapling drops. There certainly should be. And it certainly should be set to drop them for this pack.

I'm sure thephoenixlodge would have blacklisted them if he wanted it that way.

Draigon

Jul 29, 2019
...Nope. All it is doing in both screens is showing me minimized versions of all the windows I currently have open.

Thanks for the advice, though.

I believe the F3+T trick requires you to be loaded into your world. It's a shortcut telling Minecraft to reload its textures. Disabling the fancy forge splashscreen in your configs is supposed to be the better solution, but as I'm not near my Mac at the moment I can't test or confirm that this works.

D

Demosthien

...Nope. All it is doing in both screens is showing me minimized versions of all the windows I currently have open.

Thanks for the advice, though.

At the first announcement screen (where it normally says Mods can be broken or different or something) click the left button.

You'll be in the main menu, select the world/globe button for selecting languages.

Click the bottom left button a few times (it's the TrueType option from memory).

That normally fixes it for me and it's an easy quick path through on startup.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

NicoHana

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the F3+T trick requires you to be loaded into your world. It's a shortcut telling Minecraft to reload its textures. Disabling the fancy forge splashscreen in your configs is supposed to be the better solution, but as I'm not near my Mac at the moment I can't test or confirm that this works.

That may be a bit beyond me, but thanks~

At the first announcement screen (where it normally says Mods can be broken or different or something) click the left button.

You'll be in the main menu, select the world/globe button for selecting languages.

Click the bottom left button a few times (it's the TrueType option from memory).

That normally fixes it for me and it's an easy quick path through on startup.

Yesssss!

Regrowth, here I come!

Thanks. :D

Edit: Well, once I have sorted out the problem of either the FtB launcher and/or Java crashing randomly. XD

Reactions: Demosthien

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
After losing my hardcore world to a wither, I wanted to start up another. With this latest version I recall reading that there is worldgen that isn't supposed to be happening. Is there a way to fix that world gen after the fact, or should I just wait for a fix?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
After losing my hardcore world to a wither, I wanted to start up another. With this latest version I recall reading that there is worldgen that isn't supposed to be happening. Is there a way to fix that world gen after the fact, or should I just wait for a fix?
you should be able to manually update lambdalib and academycraft to the latest version to get a config option to disable the AC ores

Reactions: EchoingZen
R

Redmoron

Hey guys, quick little issue here. So essentially my friend and I have been playing Regrowth for a couple of days now (I'm hosting) when suddenly I lost connection to my server. When I relaunched the server, my friend can connect and play on the server normally but I can't. Every time I try I get a message saying "[User Authenticator #1/INFO:] UUID of player Redmoron is e19654fa-fd78-4112-ac61-6547885fe676", and then the server crashes and can no longer be connected to, not even by my friend. I can restart it and he can connect but I still get the same... error? if that's what it can be called. I'm not sure why this happened, I stepped away from my computer for a few minutes and didn't touch anything and when I came back this had happened in my absence. Anybody know what's going on?

rjwboys

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, quick little issue here. So essentially my friend and I have been playing Regrowth for a couple of days now (I'm hosting) when suddenly I lost connection to my server. When I relaunched the server, my friend can connect and play on the server normally but I can't. Every time I try I get a message saying "[User Authenticator #1/INFO:] UUID of player Redmoron is e19654fa-fd78-4112-ac61-6547885fe676", and then the server crashes and can no longer be connected to, not even by my friend. I can restart it and he can connect but I still get the same... error? if that's what it can be called. I'm not sure why this happened, I stepped away from my computer for a few minutes and didn't touch anything and when I came back this had happened in my absence. Anybody know what's going on?
maybe something wrong with your player data i would go in and delete the file e19654fa-fd78-4112-ac61-6547885gr676 out of the player data for the world ... you will lose your inventory though

R

Redmoron

maybe something wrong with your player data i would go in and delete the file e19654fa-fd78-4112-ac61-6547885gr676 out of the player data for the world ... you will lose your inventory though

The one under RegrowthServer/world/data ?

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Matter balls!

Anyone have a good material feed for them? Was thinking of just collecting all my farm overflow, but figured one of you may have figured out a better way...

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Matter balls!

Anyone have a good material feed for them? Was thinking of just collecting all my farm overflow, but figured one of you may have figured out a better way...
I forget, does regrowth have multipart? If so, cobble corners have always been my goto. You get like 64 of them out of one block, and easy to do with autocrafting.

Reactions: GrimJahk

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I forget, does regrowth have multipart? If so, cobble corners have always been my goto. You get like 64 of them out of one block, and easy to do with autocrafting.
It does.

I'll have to play around with an automated auto-crafting solution!

Thanks!

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
It does.

I'll have to play around with an automated auto-crafting solution!

Thanks!
If you have AE autocrafting:
1. Teach AE how to make your saw of choice.
2. Teach AE each carving step along the way (cobble +saw = slabs, slab + saw = panels, etc.)
3. Set up an interface configured to keep a stack of cobble corners stocked at all times.
4. Your choice of item transport from interface to condenser.
5. ....
6. Profit

AE will autocraft new saws as the old ones break, craft whatever is needed to meet the demands of the interface, and will never "overcraft" the corners.

The advantage here over other autocrafting options is that AE will be smart enough to replace the saw as needed. Other methods will require additional work to manage the saws.

Reactions: GrimJahk

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
My thaumcraft golems don't seem to be able to keep up - I have one harvesting(4 fields of 9x9 he can't reach the very edge i've given him 2 perception upgrades and glasses.. any idea?) and 3-4 gathers(These are wooden golems).

What seems to be the problem that i've only just noticed is all the items don't seem to be gathering together in stacks but as single items so the golems are only able to pick up one at a time... That isn't normal for magic crops is it?

Can anyone give me some advice? maybe some help on how to get this working the gather golems have such a massive radiance too half the time they run off picking up eggs or random crap.
Crop harvests pop out sort of randomly, which can cause them to not stack up. Same goes for normal items if they aren't close enough (I think it's around half block distance or something like that). Increasing the carry capacity might help (tougher golem with same upgrades maybe).

As for running off to pick up eggs, you said 4 fields, you could tell it to only gather what is in those 4 fields. Right click on a golem will bring up an interface.

Hopperhawks work really well for gathering if you're not set on using golems.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge - FYI, you can use the botania equal trade wand to get any level ore from the nether. Was playing around with it bound to my cobblestone wand and accidentally clicked on cobalt. It also does not aggro pigmen when you do it (i also have not gotten to cobalt level mining yet, still on steel).

Edit: Rod of the shifting crust not equal trade wand

Last edited:

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge - FYI, you can use the botania equal trade wand to get any level ore from the nether. Was playing around with it bound to my cobblestone wand and accidentally clicked on cobalt. It also does not aggro pigmen when you do it (i also have not gotten to cobalt level mining yet, still on steel).

Edit: Rod of the shifting crust not equal trade wand

Also works with the Thaumcraft Equal trade focus....I used it in my series to bypass having to use Tinker's Construct tools. :)