[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
It's working. Like a bow with infinity.

Just confirming you weren't talking about the Livingwood Bow as I've mixed the two up in my head a few times.

Anyway, the (online) Lexica says: 'Crystal Bow Crafted with Dragonstone, the Crystal Bow is a ranged weapon with the capacity to generate arrows from Mana. Similarly to the Livingwood Bow, it'll repair using Mana as well, but carrying Arrows is not required as they are created through the magical energies.
Given the lightweight and flexible structure of the bow, it can also fire at a much increased velocity than a conventional wooden one.
'

Draconicrose

Jul 29, 2019
Just confirming you weren't talking about the Livingwood Bow as I've mixed the two up in my head a few times.

Anyway, the (online) Lexica says: 'Crystal Bow Crafted with Dragonstone, the Crystal Bow is a ranged weapon with the capacity to generate arrows from Mana. Similarly to the Livingwood Bow, it'll repair using Mana as well, but carrying Arrows is not required as they are created through the magical energies.
Given the lightweight and flexible structure of the bow, it can also fire at a much increased velocity than a conventional wooden one.
'

It appears to be a bug. It was happening with the livingwood bow too a few botania versions back.

Urist McStout-Horn

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've discovered I can make barrels easy enough (JABBA barrels, to be specific). Though once placed, they become a semi-permanent fixture until I've got something copper level to mine with. A pure wood barrel being such an early on item to be able to craft, is this intentional?

-edit- With the 0.8.0 release me an my buddy started a server anew, thus my being early on and wondering how to move my barrels well before the dolly/being nowhere near copper if I happen to change my layout some.

Last edited:

Nightpearl

Jul 29, 2019
There are a number of 'let's plays' PurpleMentat's is very helpful, although a bit outdated now, I recommend watching it when you get stuck. He's quite thorough.

Reactions: Draconicrose

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
I heartily concur, Raetac. You all have different methods and I have learned quite a few clever methods of doing things from watching the various videos. Cheers to you all!

YH&OS

Roujun

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck at the same point. I can't see an easy fix in the minetweaker scripts - I'm not sure why greatwood is in the plank oredict. I did a hacky fix though, by adding
recipes.addShaped(gwSlab, [[gwPlank, gwPlank, gwPlank],[gwPlank, gwPlank, gwPlank],[gwPlank, gwPlank, gwPlank]]);
to the thaumcraft.zs file in minecraft/scripts. That adds a recipe for greatwood slabs that takes 9 greatwood planks, and since there's no pre-existing recipe that uses 9 oredict planks, it uses that one.

Thanks for the tip, decided if i'm gonna change the script anyways i'd just make the table use ore dictionary slabs instead since i made so many oak ones out of my greatwood planks anyways.

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
PurpleMentat is honestly the reason I started playing this pack. I stumbled on his lets play of it randomly and thought it was the cat's pajamas having done nothing but the public FTB packs.

edit: Lawls... when you're in the spirit world for so long that when you die you think minecraft has crashed............... X3

Last edited:
Reactions: fimbrethil

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Once again, the humble penitent comes before the assembled wisdom seeking enlightenment. Somewhere (which I have been unable to locate as yet) lies a configuration option that is causing the curser to pick up my mana tablet when I am in an inventory screen and type an "r". This is annoying, to say the least. I would that some gentlebeing point out the location to me, that I might apply a bit of gentle percussive maintenance with a "pocking great hammer" and make it CEASE this behavior. <growl>

Thank you in advance. As always, I remain:

YH&OS

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Never heard of this before, but i would suggest checking your key bindings (probably in the botania section, i usually just scroll the whole list tho). At work atm, so no way to look personally.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, so you go to sort your inventory say, and it picks it up?
Humm... To be honest mana tablets and Inventory Tweaks seem to rather dislike each other in general, there are a lot of functions that cause the tablets to do silly things in a lot of packs I've played. Beyond making sure key bindings are correct as Phoenix says, not sure what to tell you other than go poke Vazkii about it and see if there's a fix someone has found outside this pack.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Once again, the humble penitent comes before the assembled wisdom seeking enlightenment. Somewhere (which I have been unable to locate as yet) lies a configuration option that is causing the curser to pick up my mana tablet when I am in an inventory screen and type an "r". This is annoying, to say the least. I would that some gentlebeing point out the location to me, that I might apply a bit of gentle percussive maintenance with a "pocking great hammer" and make it CEASE this behavior. <growl>

Thank you in advance. As always, I remain:

YH&OS

If you can't find a direct solution, you could upgrade your tablet to a mana ring and shove that in the baubles slot.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Master Trisscar: Not just sorting inventory, it also does so when searching NEI. If I'm not paying attention, I trip over the mana tablet i just dropped. It did this in 7.4 also, so it is not a new thing.

Master SolManX: Yes, that is an option. It is in my future, but I'm not there yet.

YH&OS

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Master Trisscar, thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Further research has revealed Inventory Tweaks as the guilty party! After a bit of minor arm-breaking (changing the default sort to something besides R), the issue is resolved.The headsman is rather disappointed that the newly sharpened axe was not required!

YH&OS

Edit: Inventory Tweaks is stubbornly persistant. Whatever you change the sort key to, picks up the mana tablet when it is pressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Draconicrose

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Master Trisscar, thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Further research has revealed Inventory Tweaks as the guilty party! After a bit of minor arm-breaking (changing the default sort to something besides R), the issue is resolved.The headsman is rather disappointed that the newly sharpened axe was not required!

YH&OS

Edit: Inventory Tweaks is stubbornly persistant. Whatever you change the sort key to, picks up the mana tablet when it is pressed.
This may or may not apply, but on the last couple of servers (different packs) I've had to disable server side moving in invtweaks to get it to work properly. If you dig through the menu one deep from the main invtweaks menu, you'll find the option I am describing.

I avoid mana tablets cause they seem to be treated in a totally different way than rings, etc.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
This may or may not apply, but on the last couple of servers (different packs) I've had to disable server side moving in invtweaks to get it to work properly. If you dig through the menu one deep from the main invtweaks menu, you'll find the option I am describing.

I avoid mana tablets cause they seem to be treated in a totally different way than rings, etc.
Thank you for the information, Kind Sir. I shall sharpen the poniard and have a VERY pointed discussion with the server.

YH&OS

alienzzzzz01

Jul 29, 2019
Hey has anyone had trouble with the blood magic quest line? I'm on the first quest, second crafting task: the sacrificial knife? I've crafted it several times by throwing the arthana into the mana pool, but that doesn't seem to fulfill the "crafting task" I tried to get into edit mode of hqm but the confiq didn't seem to be in the normal place?

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019

I always disable sorting, annoys me beyond all heck when items move from where they are supposed to be. And i always use tablets in the early game. Which is probably why i never saw this.

Hey has anyone had trouble with the blood magic quest line? I'm on the first quest, second crafting task: the sacrificial knife? I've crafted it several times by throwing the arthana into the mana pool, but that doesn't seem to fulfill the "crafting task" I tried to get into edit mode of hqm but the confiq didn't seem to be in the normal place?

Some pages back, i am fairly certain their were several posts in regards to this problem and i believe TPL even responded to it. (i am at work and don't have time to search back and find the relevant posts)