[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
The harvest core gives the golem the ability to harvest crops in a 9x9x9 area centered around the golem. It is possible to upgrade the range of the golem with the use of a Water upgrade and the Tiny Spectacles accessory. Without the Order upgrade, Golems will not replant the crops that they harvest.

Ahh, awesome, thanks

Joi76

Jul 29, 2019
The blood altar from Blood Magic is invisible to me after being placed. This is a fresh install of the pack and there are no resource packs. I can see it for about 1 second when I place it but then it becomes invisible. This is on a server. Any ideas?
got the same problem on my server, happened after the last update 0.7.2
we can see the altar from several blocks away, but when we approach it, it disappears...
Same goes for the Alchemic Chemistry Set
we started the server at 0.7.1 and didn't have that problem then
now we also have a lot of invisible mobs running around, especially annoying in the nether... but a pack of invisible direwolves can be quite bad as well, even in a decent armor.
Last time I saw this kinda bug in other modpacks was when looking at shimmerleafs... wasn't that related to NEI?

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Is the block directly below it, or two blocks below?

Two blocks below, though as the below quote entails, it has now changed. Thx though.

The version of Botania in .72 had this change:
  • Floating Rannuncarpus flowers will now use the block directly below them rather than the block 2 blocks below.

Ahh, kk. That explains why it was trying to create a stone field around my setup. XD

On the fish part, I've seen this behavior pretty consistently since o.65. I don't fill the feeder, just put in what is enough for one run of the current pair. If you're short, it just stops and you can add more. I usually have too much fish meal anyway.

Hummm. Seems rather silly that it does that, wonder if it's intended... Anyway, how do you tell how much you need per fish if I may ask?

Because that's a lot of cool areas to make simultaneously. Why do you think everyone just makes a bunch of square farm plots surrounded with randomly placed things they need? Too many of them are required before it's convenient to make them, or at the same time with something else that is also very complicated. Instead of being able to focus your attention on something, you have to deal with everything at once, leading to craptastic everything.

By comparison, Botania shows you the principles in its book. Thaumcraft also has such a book, but to even see what I'm going to need for it and how it's going to be working, I need to make a cool area for mana production, agglomeration plate, Alfheim portal, all the witchery.

I don't want to build a nice base after I finish the mod. I want to be able to do it while I'm playing as well.

I hear ya man, but I'm afraid I have a counter argument in the form of my base, which I've used to fill time while seeds are growing;

https://imgur.com/ZgmscFK,MY4r2iM#1

Plz note that it is nowhere near done though. XD

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Hummm. Seems rather silly that it does that, wonder if it's intended... Anyway, how do you tell how much you need per fish if I may ask?

Trial and error! Or fuzzy logic.

For the really short life stuff, 5 fish meal is more than enough. For cod I am tossing in 10 and they finish their cycle fine. And, like I said, fish meal is cheap now.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to build a nice base after I finish the mod. I want to be able to do it while I'm playing as well.
You're right, you shouldn't be building your base after finishing a mod. That's also not what I said. If you took the time to read with a clear mind, you'd know I was advocating pre-planning of your base and making a nice area before starting even a little on it. When I was making my Witchery area, I had planks down where I wanted my altar simply because I hadn't made the altar yet. I had the resources, but I was more focused on building the area for it first. Because I spent that little bit of time on Witchery, my altar is only just shy of 7000 power and I haven't added anything to the area since the initial build.
And I'm probably doing a lot more pre-planning that most, since I'm making an actual city with roads, sidewalks, lamposts, stop lights and signs, etc. :p

Reactions: JazParks

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
You're right, you shouldn't be building your base after finishing a mod. That's also not what I said. If you took the time to read with a clear mind, you'd know I was advocating pre-planning of your base and making a nice area before starting even a little on it. When I was making my Witchery area, I had planks down where I wanted my altar simply because I hadn't made the altar yet. I had the resources, but I was more focused on building the area for it first. Because I spent that little bit of time on Witchery, my altar is only just shy of 7000 power and I haven't added anything to the area since the initial build.
And I'm probably doing a lot more pre-planning that most, since I'm making an actual city with roads, sidewalks, lamposts, stop lights and signs, etc. :p

... goes back to work on his pyramid for the blood altar. :p

Desman

Sep 23, 2014

Pre-plan what exactly? I don't know how I am going to do my layout for Witchery stuff yet. I had no intention of building an Alfheim portal yet. I have no idea where any of that is going to be placed. I got an iron-capped wand, made a Thaumonomicon. Now to see what researching even looks like, I have to have pre-planned an Alfheim portal all of a sudden, and all the Witchery? That makes no sense.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Pre-plan what exactly? I don't know how I am going to do my layout for Witchery stuff yet. I had no intention of building an Alfheim portal yet. I have no idea where any of that is going to be placed. I got an iron-capped wand, made a Thaumonomicon. Now to see what researching even looks like, I have to have pre-planned an Alfheim portal all of a sudden, and all the Witchery? That makes no sense.

I believe he meant that you're supposed to pre-plan your Thaumcraft area so you don't keep adding onto it. Besides, you seem to think that having dedicated Witchery and Botania areas are required for this modpack, and I can tell you it's not. I've got a nook next to my stairs for what Witchery stuff I've got, and my Botania setup is the top of my tiny island, and I can tell you that both of those areas are going to be expanded again and again.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
While installing a mana glass sunroof in the rain, I got struck by lightning. I wish I could say I was wearing a jetpack, and I flew uncontrollably toward the moon, but alas, it was just me catching on fire, spazzing out, and nearly causing a lootsplosion.

triplm

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps you are stuck in a comfort zone that you need kicked out of in order to expand your mind. beating the same problem the same way as you have before is boring.

as far as the portal goes it's not exactly the top tier of the mod, just as in doing your first infusion isn't the end of thaumcraft.
neither is making an attuned stone.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I believe he meant that you're supposed to pre-plan your Thaumcraft area so you don't keep adding onto it. Besides, you seem to think that having dedicated Witchery and Botania areas are required for this modpack, and I can tell you it's not. I've got a nook next to my stairs for what Witchery stuff I've got, and my Botania setup is the top of my tiny island, and I can tell you that both of those areas are going to be expanded again and again.
I never implied that any of it requires a dedicated area, I'm saying that the setup we have discourages creative play. Yes, you can put the witchery stuff in some dusty corner in your base. But what if you want to explore witchery as it really deserves? Build a nice themed altar and circles? Nope, plop them down wherever, to potentially (that is, probably never) expand or build the themed stuff for it later. Or, pre-plan an entire base for three different mods? Nobody can do that in detail.

What I'm asking is to give us room to enjoy each mod if we want to, without requiring ridiculous stuff like that. If Thaumcraft really has to come after you beat Botania and Witchery, then disable it until we do beat them. Don't give us false options that won't actually work for hours (like wand and thaumonomicon while we are nowhere near building the Alfheim portal). If I had no reason to do end-game of one mod so far, why is it suddenly needed to make a start in another? First Botania, finish most of it and new quests show up. Now we do witchery, if we like we can build the crap out of it. If we don't like, we just plop the basic ovens somewhere and move on. Now we do Thaumcraft, and if we like we can also build a bunch of stuff. Simple, gives us freedom to play how we like.

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
I never implied that any of it requires a dedicated area, I'm saying that the setup we have discourages creative play. Yes, you can put the witchery stuff in some dusty corner in your base. But what if you want to explore witchery as it really deserves? Build a nice themed altar and circles? Nope, plop them down wherever, to potentially (that is, probably never) expand or build the themed stuff for it later. Or, pre-plan an entire base for three different mods? Nobody can do that in detail.

What I'm asking is to give us room to enjoy each mod if we want to, without requiring ridiculous stuff like that. If Thaumcraft really has to come after you beat Botania and Witchery, then disable it until we do beat them. Don't give us false options that won't actually work for hours (like wand and thaumonomicon while we are nowhere near building the Alfheim portal). If I had no reason to do end-game of one mod so far, why is it suddenly needed to make a start in another? First Botania, finish most of it and new quests show up. Now we do witchery, if we like we can build the crap out of it. If we don't like, we just plop the basic ovens somewhere and move on. Now we do Thaumcraft, and if we like we can also build a bunch of stuff. Simple, gives us freedom to play how we like.

This is a HQM MODPACK! if you dont like the progression, theme or quests you have the FREEDOM to quit the mod pack and go play something else, and stop bothering ppl bout your nonsense "logic"

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019

If all you can do is complain about how somebody created a an awesome mopdpack..... then build your own and play like you want too.

Edit: Damn ninja'd

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys can we cool it.... Minecraft is a game that we can play as we want too... if you are creative well and good, if your not... well and good. Its up to you how you play/

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys can we cool it.... Minecraft is a game that we can play as we want too... if you are creative well and good, if your not... well and good. Its up to you how you play/
true enough in vanilla or normal mpdded mc ;p but when your playing a hqm modpack its little different as the creator has created a progression path for you to follow

Reactions: RehabOholic

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
This is a WIP modpack, and I give feedback. If any of you don't feel like discussing the modpack, don't let the door hit you.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Lunetouche

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, this pack has lead to me doing more building than i usually would. Usually i just end up with a sprawling mess of 2-3 high cobble walls that are meant to be buildings but never happen, and tech and magic thrown all over the place.
The time waiting for seeds to grow into the first essences of a type, boost up to 10/10/10 etc has lead to be using building to kill time
This has also lead to a tower of farms that is crippling my fps. I think it may be the agricraft sprinklers :p

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
This is a WIP modpack, and I give feedback. If any of you don't feel like discussing the modpack, don't let the door hit you.
The problem lies in the fact that 1. You seem to just want to rush TC for the sake of automation (I may be a little wrong about this, this debate has been a little heated and occurred over the course of a couple days) and 2. You seem set on the idea/insistent that each mod should be available from the start and 3. You're the only one finding issue with the structure of the pack, which suggests you might find it more enjoyable to play something else.
The thing is, automation really doesn't need to be a priority and a big part of the progression and tone of the pack is taking it easy and just keeping it chill. Until you actually get to the point where golems are available, manual harvesting is more than sufficient income of resources and most people do it as a system of harvesting as you need the resources - You don't need to harvest everything as soon as it's grown at all except when you first get a seed.
As for mods being gated behind other mods; That's just how I've decided to structure the pack as a whole. You have 3 progressions to work through - Materials/Farming, Magic and Tech. As it happens I've decided that the magic progression occurs as Botania -> Witchery -> Thaumcraft -> Blood Magic. Now you say I shouldn't have the wand and Thaumonomicon available when they are since the rest of the mod is unavailable, but tell me, what would you do to change the recipe of the IRON CAPPED WOODEN wand? It's recipe is damn well spelt out in its name. Heck, the quests even say how little usage you have for the few things you can make early on.
Lastly, need I mention that the pack is designed to be something that I myself enjoy playing. If I don't enjoy it there's no point in working on it as it will just wear me down and I likely won't actually be able to make good judgement calls on balance due to not having played.

On that note however, I'm currently not thrilled with how the Blast furnace part of the tech progression sits at present and have been thinking about a way to make it better as a whole for a while. Now, you may be aware Garden Stuff has recently added a material called Wrought Iron, which is used to make a number of nice looking decorative stuff. In the current version of the pack, this wrought iron is made by smelting iron in a furnace, but in the newest version of Garden Stuff, a new block called a Bloomery Furnace was added specifically for making wrought iron in.
This presents itself as a perfect opportunity and means to change the current way the blast furnace is made. I'm thinking I will likely change it so it no longer requires Titanium, and in fact Titanium will be shifted to being a post blast furnace material specifically targeted for being used in Mekanism. In the place of the current titanium in the recipe will be the Wrought Iron, and the Bloomery will probably be made to require being made using some of the earlier tech stuff - maybe it'll even be made in the carpenter (forestry has been a little unintegrated thus far).
I'm probably going to have this as being in 0.8 along with the planned worldgen additions/changes, but I'd like a bit of feedback on this possible change sooner rather than later.

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Along with what was said above, make sure you're actually crafting all the resources from essence that you have available.
I just finished making the last regular essence seed and about to make a strong infusion stone. Do regular essence seed's essence makings unlock any of those quests?