[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

LucidCrux

Jul 29, 2019
Another small thing that might help out early on is an alternate recipe for pipe plugs. There really is no reason for them to need lasers.

rxiv

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody knows if the kettle recipe for the Brew of Floawing Spirit is working? I read recently that the Spirit World is not avalaible yet, but I need the brew to complete the quest. Maybe I'm failing dropping the items, but apparently this is my third miss D:

It's working - it's not that the spirit world isn't available. It's just that progression in there requires either smuggling items in or creatively timing getting quest completion rewards.

Overall - a well put together pack. I know it's still alpha and some of the quest chains reflect that - but a solid pack. Finished up all the quests last night, waiting to see how the pack progresses.

Great job TPL!

Reactions: JustShika

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking about "late game" stuff. I'd achieved golems before, but never really put them to use, cuz I restart too much. :) So now I'm thinking hard about the things I want to automate. If I truly want to regrow the world, I think I have 3 options:
- Silverwood trees - 7x7-ish? area turns into magical forest
- Ritual of Gaia's Transformation - Can pick any biome, up to 21x21
- Rite of Shifting Seasons - Can pick any biome. Area not specified in wiki, but I believe it's bigger than Gaia's Transformation
Other options, which won't actually change biomes but can at least put some grass on the ground:
- Wand of Equal Trade
- Manual Labor
I'm curious - has anyone finished/abandoned the quest book and made this their goal? Any thoughts on which are easiest automate? I remember from Agrarian Skies the Blood Magic stuff was a bit tricky, but doable. Witchery looks doable, but I haven't actually done the Rite yet, so not sure how much of the materials can be automated. Silverwood trees seem easy enough to mass produce, but provide only limited change.

Reactions: BMB78

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking about "late game" stuff. I'd achieved golems before, but never really put them to use, cuz I restart too much. :) So now I'm thinking hard about the things I want to automate. If I truly want to regrow the world, I think I have 3 options:
- Rite of Shifting Seasons - Can pick any biome. Area not specified in wiki, but I believe it's bigger than Gaia's Transformation
Other options, which won't actually change biomes but can at least put some grass on the ground:
- Wand of Equal Trade
- Manual Labor
I'm curious - has anyone finished/abandoned the quest book and made this their goal? Any thoughts on which are easiest automate? I remember from Agrarian Skies the Blood Magic stuff was a bit tricky, but doable. Witchery looks doable, but I haven't actually done the Rite yet, so not sure how much of the materials can be automated. Silverwood trees seem easy enough to mass produce, but provide only limited change.
For actual terrain transformation (biome unchanged) there's also the ritual of Nature's Bounty (I think that's the right name) from Witchery.
Witching Gadgets (TC Addon) also has a biome changer device too.

Reactions: BMB78 and rivvest

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Also, about the "having" to plop down witchery and botania, why not just make a cool area for it instead of just plopping it down? Sure, you may not be able to complete it at that moment, but just leave a little room for whatever you know is coming and use what you need while making the place look cool. For example, I knew that redstone seeds were coming up, so I made a nice area for my witchery setup before making the whiff of magic. Sure, I could've just plopped down the oven, but that wouldn't have done me any good in the long run. This pack has a lot of planning involved, it's not just "run through progression as fast as you can while expanding your base". You actually have to think about how you want things laid out before you get there, which is something I've not had to do with any other pack and am having a ton of fun with.

Because that's a lot of cool areas to make simultaneously. Why do you think everyone just makes a bunch of square farm plots surrounded with randomly placed things they need? Too many of them are required before it's convenient to make them, or at the same time with something else that is also very complicated. Instead of being able to focus your attention on something, you have to deal with everything at once, leading to craptastic everything.

By comparison, Botania shows you the principles in its book. Thaumcraft also has such a book, but to even see what I'm going to need for it and how it's going to be working, I need to make a cool area for mana production, agglomeration plate, Alfheim portal, all the witchery.

I don't want to build a nice base after I finish the mod. I want to be able to do it while I'm playing as well.

Nigt

Jul 29, 2019
Love the mod, such a great concept. I do seem to be having some real problems with getting quests to open (started v7.1 now 7.2). I've progressed pretty far in the mod, have completed witchery up to the point where i need a dragon stone to continue, I've completed an extreme infusion stone and created all the resources from the previous tier. Think my arcanist score is 54, "the way the world works" I've completed the third tier runes quest (wrath, envy etc). Problem is earlier things like terra steel and pylons haven't even appeared yet and im pretty sure they should have. Am I missing something or have I managed to bug my quest book?

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
- Wand of Equal Trade
- Manual Labor
Well, I'll be looking into some of the other terraforming witchery circles pretty soon myself, just ripped through the Thaumcraft quests today

Reactions: rivvest

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Love the mod, such a great concept. I do seem to be having some real problems with getting quests to open (started v7.1 now 7.2). I've progressed pretty far in the mod, have completed witchery up to the point where i need a dragon stone to continue, I've completed an extreme infusion stone and created all the resources from the previous tier. Think my arcanist score is 54, "the way the world works" I've completed the third tier runes quest (wrath, envy etc). Problem is earlier things like terra steel and pylons haven't even appeared yet and im pretty sure they should have. Am I missing something or have I managed to bug my quest book?
Have you crafted lapis lazuli yet?

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, aren't the impure dusts supposed to be random? I think the iron impure dusts are supposed to give iron copper or aluminum (great early alumite by the way). Anyways, I decided to upgrade my base into pure iron hiseled walls because ... Reasons. So I threw in some hyperkinetic upgrades (three standard) and my crucible fills up with liquid before it can drain. It happened to be aluminum so all I got was aluminum from the dusts. Is this the way its supposed to work, or is it supposed to be different things? To be honest, I'm glad it was aluminum because I only have iron copper tin and coal unlocked. I restarted, and am taking my time this time. Last world, I had a catastrophic pressure water accident and I /ragequit

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I'm at a loss. I'm 43% into The Way The World Works. I've done Equivalent Exchange, Clay For Days, Not For Making Offerings, Meddling With Mana, Written In Stone, Etched In The World, and Carved In The Mind. There are no other locked quests visible in this line. I'm 23% into How The World Changes (three open quests, but they all require attuned stones and therefore dragonstones, which I'm assuming the remaining Botania quests will lead me to). I'm 14% into The Way The World Feels, with Capping Show and Boiling Anticipation done and no others unlocked. What am I missing? Where do I need to go to get the Botania line going again?

edit: lol someone else stuck in the same spot posted since I last refreshed.

And I do have lapis. And my Arcanist rep is 55.

edit: apparently the lapis I had didn't take, made some new lapis and it opened up more quests

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, aren't the impure dusts supposed to be random? I think the iron impure dusts are supposed to give iron copper or aluminum (great early alumite by the way). Anyways, I decided to upgrade my base into pure iron hiseled walls because ... Reasons. So I threw in some hyperkinetic upgrades (three standard) and my crucible fills up with liquid before it can drain. It happened to be aluminum so all I got was aluminum from the dusts. Is this the way its supposed to work, or is it supposed to be different things? To be honest, I'm glad it was aluminum because I only have iron copper tin and coal unlocked. I restarted, and am taking my time this time. Last world, I had a catastrophic pressure water accident and I /ragequit
Honestly the recipes that gives the random dusts aren't supposed to be present - it looks like they aren't being removed properly.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I'll try restarting client. However, this time, the dusts aren't giving the OP metals such as cobalt. And the 10% dusts I am getting from smelting equals at least 5 stacks so far waiting to be processed.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya, found this modpack on the launcher and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. One question, though, I've seen a bit throughout the thread about using straw golems to automate magic crops, and I've got plans to do the same thing myself, but what's their maximum range, and is it circular or like the distance water has for farmland hydration? (Like 4 blocks radius or 4 blocks forward and 4 left/right). I'm aware the spectacles can increase their range, but I'm looking for a general area so I can get to digging my crop silo, subterranean bases ftw! xD

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya, found this modpack on the launcher and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. One question, though, I've seen a bit throughout the thread about using straw golems to automate magic crops, and I've got plans to do the same thing myself, but what's their maximum range, and is it circular or like the distance water has for farmland hydration? (Like 4 blocks radius or 4 blocks forward and 4 left/right). I'm aware the spectacles can increase their range, but I'm looking for a general area so I can get to digging my crop silo, subterranean bases ftw! xD

The harvest core gives the golem the ability to harvest crops in a 9x9x9 area centered around the golem. It is possible to upgrade the range of the golem with the use of a Water upgrade and the Tiny Spectacles accessory. Without the Order upgrade, Golems will not replant the crops that they harvest.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
I am stumped. What am I missing?

Energized node right next to ATR with 4 terra vis. Arbor essentia in warded jars. Jungle focus needs arbor, Thaumonomicon says. I put down some relays and vis flows to and through them just fine but see no indication the ATR is doing anything. No essentia burn,

HJpx0GS.jpg

Another shot:

SzSc8No.jpg

I tried applying a redstone signal to ATR (though no mention it needs one) and that made no difference.

Book says 4 vis and 4 essentia per coord changed. No sign any has changed and still have all the essentia (64+64+19).