[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
It is obvious that there are differing opinions on this topic. In the interest of not bogging down the thread can we agree to disagree and move on? New people can read the thread and make their own decisions.
I'm convinced that he is just trolling, is why I stopped replying to him. The string method actually produces materials faster than he will give credit to since you can harvest as soon as the germination spreads to a crop, not to mention that after 4-5 improvements you have enough seeds to run a separate farm for materials while the originals continue to improve… Many options, many ways to play, but he just want's to argue and make provocational statements.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
My lovely fiance and I have been playing Regrowth for quite some time now and I wanted to give a bit of feedback. These are just my opinions, please do not take them as demands.
  • When the player is introduced to the altar, the quest text is very general. We spent a good 20 minutes trying to find out how to actually get the seed from the altar after the first time we created it. The text should state somewhere that a block of living stone needs to be tossed upon the altar and then the wand used to complete the process.
  • Several of the quests are clearly designed to "get you started". It would be nice if there was some followup text after completing the quest. For example, with the smeltery I still needed 16 more bricks to build the actual smelter. The quest left me with a lot of pieces that were ultimately useless until I did more on my own. Witchery is another that feels somewhat incomplete, though we haven't unlocked a lot of the quests on that line as of yet.
Fair call, I can add more info to these quests.
  • Getting upgraded tools feels like a huge accomplishment, don't change this.
  • In JABBA you left click a barrel to get a full stack, and shift left click to get a single item. In Storage Drawers you left click to get a single item and shift left click to get a full stack. Would be nice if this could work the same for both.
Newer versions of storage drawers allow you to change its behaviour to match JABBA. I can do this if that's what people want.
  • There are multiple inventory screens for the player's worn equipment. Can this be consolidated, or perhaps duplicate ones be disabled?
The book icon on your player render is exactly this - it consolidates slots from Baubles, TiC (though not quite all) and Mariculture along with a couple of special slots of its own.
  • We have done massive amounts of farming (loving every minute of it). We later discovered the trowel in Agricraft and its usefulness. This would make an excellent and not overpowered early reward.
  • We delayed making barrel upgrades for one of the JABBA quests because pistons normally require redstone. Perhaps text should be included somewhere stating that the recipe does not need redstone.
Again, sure. I'm more than willing to add extra information to quest text.
Finally I'd like to bring up a few potential bugs we have discovered. These may be as designed.

• When using a texture pack other than vanilla, the books do not display modded item images in recipes. They are just blank spaces.
If you mean the Mariculture books, they're borked even on default. If you're meaning other books then I have no idea.
  • Tinker's Construct starting book does not trigger the achievement when opened.
  • The grout recipe has been globally disabled, though grout is still being shown as a craftable object in the book as well as an ingredient for seared stone creation in NEI.
Nothing I can do to change the contents of the books sadly.
  • When fishing with Mariculture or getting fish on nets, they are 95% already dead. Not sure if this is by design.
  • The fish you obtain in Mariculture in the wasteland biome cannot be bred in that same biome because it is too hot. This mechanic just seems weird to me.
The first is a bug that has been fixed in newer versions of Mariculture. The second is also addressed in the newer versions of Mariculture as joshie has made fish more temperature tolerant by default.

thephoenixlodge your mod pack is very interesting. i have enjoyed it a bit along with TerraFirmaPunk modpack. i personally like how you got all the mod tiers going and using botania for crafting of the magical crops seeds and other items. it was refreshing in a way. i was however wondering about 0.7.0 update. is it already waiting for the ftb team? or are you still working on it?
Still a few things to do before I release it.

That's just it, though. It's throwing me for a loop because all the previous quests in that chain require the production of the seeds you need for the next catalyst, so I can't see why it hasn't unlocked.
Yea, the requiring of seeds to unlock quests was a stupid idea, and was one that already got changed for 0.7.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I'm convinced that he is just trolling, is why I stopped replying to him. The string method actually produces materials faster than he will give credit to since you can harvest as soon as the germination spreads to a crop, not to mention that after 4-5 improvements you have enough seeds to run a separate farm for materials while the originals continue to improve… Many options, many ways to play, but he just want's to argue and make provocational statements.

"As soon as" can mean anywhere between instantly and hours. Some of the seeds literally take hours to grow and spread, if the luck isn't on your side.

Multiple seeds however... a few minutes later, you can have about 50% of the seeds ready to harvest. 50% of one seed is, zero. But hey, let's resort to personal attacks instead of actually learning something.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
"As soon as" can mean anywhere between instantly and hours. Some of the seeds literally take hours to grow and spread, if the luck isn't on your side.

Multiple seeds however... a few minutes later, you can have about 50% of the seeds ready to harvest. 50% of one seed is, zero. But hey, let's resort to personal attacks instead of actually learning something.
i feel this is enough of this can't we all just get along

Reactions: fimbrethil

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Any clue if fortune increases the drop rate with this?
I'm guessing… I would say no. These are guaranteed harvested blocks, just like fortune will not increase the amount of Iron Ore you get from mining… I think fortune only helps when there is a range in the qty of drops like Lapis/Emeralds/Diamonds.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing… I would say no. These are guaranteed harvested blocks, just like fortune will not increase the amount of Iron Ore you get from mining… I think fortune only helps when there is a range in the qty of drops like Lapis/Emeralds/Diamonds.
Actually Fortune and Auto-smelt do interact

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Actually Fortune and Auto-smelt do interact
yes its great for nether mining... however i was wondering if you could get a crop for saltpeter or some other way to get fertilizer for forestry farms? i also would like barrel and drawers being on same page. i dont use drawers much. i prefer a lot of barrels.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
yes its great for nether mining... however i was wondering if you could get a crop for saltpeter or some other way to get fertilizer for forestry farms? i also would like barrel and drawers being on same page. i dont use drawers much. i prefer a lot of barrels.

I would love a way to get apatite. Or make saltpeter much easier to get. Right now fertilizer is very annoying to get without automated mining of the nether.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
I would love a way to get apatite. Or make saltpeter much easier to get. Right now fertilizer is very annoying to get without automated mining of the nether.
if thermal expansion was added in you could get a similiar item from pulverizing sandstone. but thats out of the question its why i asked about a crop of sorts. or increase the output of saltpeter per ore like surface versions from railcraft.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting… fortune won't give you extra logs from a tree, but it will if you have Autosmelt you will get extra Charcoal?

I may have to run an experiment on this LOL
I just got 4 and a bit stacks of charcoal from a tall jungle tree with fortune 3 (450 lapis) on the lumber axe, compared to not quite 2 stacks without any fortune on it.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
I just got 4 and a bit stacks of charcoal from a tall jungle tree with fortune 3 (450 lapis) on the lumber axe, compared to not quite 2 stacks without any fortune on it.

That's not conclusive in the slightest. Assuming that tall jungle tree means a 2x2, it's likely that your first tree was significantly taller than the second. What you should do, if you wanna test, is chop down some oak trees, set up two 20-block pillars of oak wood, and then use the fortune and non-fortune autosmelt lumber axes. Otherwise, without some control over the initial number of logs, you're just wasting your time.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
That's not conclusive in the slightest. Assuming that tall jungle tree means a 2x2, it's likely that your first tree was significantly taller than the second. What you should do, if you wanna test, is chop down some oak trees, set up two 20-block pillars of oak wood, and then use the fortune and non-fortune autosmelt lumber axes. Otherwise, without some control over the initial number of logs, you're just wasting your time.
They seemed very similar in height but I can run a better test when I get back to the overworld.

Dylamb

Jul 29, 2019
im a noob at the pack but in agricraft in stuck at not farmvill 3 were I cant place the crops unless its redsand and even then I cant place crops on crops and I have water very close to them