[1.7.10]Modular Mayhem

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Sandy Biomes, according to the TE wiki, are Blitzes, while Basalz are listed as Mountainous or Barren.

Right, so I got the newest version 1.14, and checked and I don't have the crusher recipe for sawdust, nor do I have the Sawmill enabled. I got an error the first time, and the second was after a complete redownload. IE, removed the entire mod pack and acquired it fresh.

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I only found something about these "windy biomes" when looking for the Blitz's but noone explained which biome that is xD
With sandy biomes/biomes with few trees I can work better in finding them.
Even though it's getting less and less important for now to find niter... since I started with magneticraft. This mod gets more amazing as more I read and play around with all the machines and mechanics it has :)
(Just hoping that I can use any oil for their oil-refining process. As much as I ran around for magneticraft "crude" oil, with this tool to find it, I didn't find a single "positive"-message from the tool that I found oil :( )

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The only place I've ever found it was directly under one of their surface pools. I think all the oil is dictionaried together though.

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
He's probably a version behind the server.
Thanks, that reminded me to check the versions on both his launcher and mine. He was on "Recommended", the server was on "1.13", so the server was a version behind. :p Pretty much the exact opposite, but the same problem. Should work for us now, thanks!

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
So... besides the Spawner Reprogrammer from Chromaticraft, and the Cascading Spawner, what options do I have for controlled spawning of mobs?
Specifically I'm after villagers, but don't want to relocate a village to do it.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
So... besides the Spawner Reprogrammer from Chromaticraft, and the Cascading Spawner, what options do I have for controlled spawning of mobs?
Specifically I'm after villagers, but don't want to relocate a village to do it.
Yeah, I'm trying to work that out myself

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
What are you looking for from villagers? If it's the Pneaumaticraft stuff, that can be snagged from the Amadron Tablet. If all else fails, set up a teleport to a nearby village.

Because I'm not fighting Photobucket twice, I posted most of my Modular Mayhem base here.

Last edited:

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
What are you looking for from villagers? If it's the Pneaumaticraft stuff, that can be snagged from the Amadron Tablet. If all else fails, set up a teleport to a nearby village.
1) Emeralds
2) Chromaticraft info fragments

AKA villager killing farm.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
1) Emeralds
2) Chromaticraft info fragments

AKA villager killing farm.
You can't get fragments from villagers any more. As far as emeralds, that is probably the worst way of going about it. Make a Matter Overdrive replicator. create an emerald pattern, feed a decomposer cobble, print emeralds.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Two words, Gravitational Anomaly. I don't know what they are but they suck good. Had to teleport out! rofl

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Two words, Gravitational Anomaly. I don't know what they are but they suck good. Had to teleport out! rofl
Semi decent power source from Matter Overdrive. They eat stuff, much like a TC hungry node. Flight is necessary, or a Gravitational Stabilizer.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Semi decent power source from Matter Overdrive. They eat stuff, much like a TC hungry node. Flight is necessary, or a Gravitational Stabilizer.
Well i found one about 30 minutes in so i don't think i can use it yet..rofl. :) Also i have found if you make a grinding stone first when you make bronze you can grab Titan or what ever and pop it into a grinding stone. The pick from it has like 3k dur....I'm sure i'll find tons more...:)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Annnnnnd Chromaticraft v10a is out. And Modular Mayhem will not be updating to it any time soon. Reika has decided to kludge a solution to a problem by forcing users to set a Java argument or force a crash otherwise. As a mod pack dev I'm not going to be dealing with the headache of pushing an update and dealing with my entire userbase complaining that the pack now crashes on start up. No, no, and more no.

Reactions: Odovbold

Jax775

Jul 29, 2019
Why not RotaryCraft? Have ChromatiCraft, should have Rotary and ElectricCraft, maybe even Reactors too.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
RotaryCraft has too many single block things, where the pack is attempting to avoid them. Reactor craft would be okay, but it needs Rotary, and between them, that's about another dozen or so bits of world gen. Without even getting into Electricraft.

Jax775

Jul 29, 2019
I disagree. While rotarycraft might not make traditional "multiblock structures" doing most things in rotarycraft requires a dedicated build and setup to power a given machine. I think more than any other tech mod it's way fits with this modpack.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Those "traditional multiblock structures" are the entire point of the pack unless Iskandar cares to correct me.

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

Jax775

Jul 29, 2019
Yes yes, because openblocks and ae have so many multiblocks, i am aware of the ae controller and crafting cpu, but those are part of a network. Even rotarycraft's item transport system is more of a multiblock-esque structure than most other mods item transports.

I feel like rotarycraft would be a great fit for a modpack that utilizes underused mods, and it absolutely fits the definition of modular. This isn't a TE type mod where you just drop machines along any old point on the power cable. Every machine and power generation system requires careful consideration when building it. And I don't know of any rotarycraft world gen, certainly reactor craft and electriccraft but I think rotarycraft just uses vanilla resources.