[1.7.10]Modular Mayhem

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Matter Overdrive is still a little glitchy. I know Iskandar and Lensmanoz both used buffer tanks from other mods to increase storage and keep it out of the pipes.

Best of my knowledge, Tesseracts are still utterly invincible except to the wrench, and there's no method of power transport in MO.

Thanks for the fast answer :)

Guess I will look more about chunk-borders from now on and luckily saw that Iskandar was using fluid-tanks for the matter, so if it's really counted as fluid I guess I will try using the fluid-transfernodes or something like that and see if they work.
(sadly not useable in the fusion reactor again, since the transfer-pipes will get eaten, but if it's fluid I hope the tesseract can transport it, too... would make things so much easier!)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
As far as I know, it should work just fine. I'd suggest testing in a creative world though. I believe that Lensmanoz was using Iron pipes to pump the matter around.

There's an option to turn off the Gravitational Anomaly destroying blocks. I've got it set to false for my world. That way I can just feed it animals if I want to enlarge it.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, it should work just fine. I'd suggest testing in a creative world though. I believe that Lensmanoz was using Iron pipes to pump the matter around.

There's an option to turn off the Gravitational Anomaly destroying blocks. I've got it set to false for my world. That way I can just feed it animals if I want to enlarge it.

Good to know. But I will try working with the gravtitation-stabilzers first. Seeing how strong they stop the anomaly of destroying everything. (well, I actually like the mechanic, needing to be very careful about what you do xD)
But Animals... evil! I probably with use compressed cobblestone for feeding it. But only the smaller ones (read using the higher compressed ones can cause evil bugs).

Well... but first back to finding iron... I really need to get some sort of quarry (I guess either the one from engineers toolbox or a steve's cart) working. Every mod eats so much iron... already considered teaching the replicator how to make iron ore...

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Anyone else having issues when matter-transport pipes of matter overdrive, that the matter gets "stuck" in the pipe?

I connected the pipes from the condensers side to the replicator side, after the first setup was working, after logging out and back in the next day suddenly all matter got stuck in the pipe, so it was pulled out of the decomposer but then couldn't reach the replicator. Only breaking the whole pipe and the decomposer seem to fix this problem for me. :/
Not sure if it was a "chunk-border"-issue (I had the machines in 2 chunks), which would be really bad cause I could forget the whole fusion-reactor I want to build then (the anomaly is very close to two chunk borders). Put the machines into a single chunk for now, still asking if anyone else having this problem and maybe know a fix (like some way to buffer and "force" the matter into the machines or so)

[edit]
And another question concerning matter overdrive:
Anyone knows if the mod has it's own energy-transportation, besides the batteries?

Heard that most energy-transport-ways of other mods are kinda unusable when building a fusion reactor, cause the anomaly just eats them. Hope the very old information that tesseracts are safe to use is still valid.. but wonder if the mod actually has a way in itself, which I just oversee. First time working with the mod ^^"
Yeah, I use Magneticraft pipes for matter transport. And no method of inherent transport, but tesseract should be safe. Or build a gravitational stabilizer to reduce the pull.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you use IE conveyor belts, make sure they're supported properly. I've found that items like to slip through underneath them. I had a bunch of iron that wasn't making it to my AE system, and found it was falling under the belt to the Interface. So I switched to a vacuum hopper, feeding into some Relocators. Works flawlessly and will be even better when I reach the end and have infinite ender pearls for making Enderium turbines.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar
Thank you :)
Good to know, that the pipes are working fine and probably better than the matter-pipes for now.

Guess back to planning this first fusion reactor... which is right under my base. What could possibly go wrong! *laughs*

@KingTriaxx
Well I think I will mainly use a conveyer-system inside my base and for quarries and such things I probably will use the relocator-mod or tesseracts... or a combination of them. I so often saw the relocator-mod but always had something "more easy to setup" in the same modpack so hardly ever used it. Time to try new mods :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Refined Relocation is awesome. It dumps onto conveyors pretty well also. Logistics Drones from Pneaumaticraft are also a good option, though they're not very smart and the range is somewhat limited I've found. Takes some not inconsiderable amount of time to get plastic out of the oil though, unless you put up a lot of Vortex Tubes. I've got four Vortex tubes and now eight compressors. And it still takes a while to get a lot of plastic. I sure wouldn't want to try and rebuild, or explain it.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Pneumaticcraft is another mod I want to start soon to build a bit.
Never played it since the change to oil for plastic, so quiet curious about the whole system. Couldn't play it much, since hardly any modpack I played has it in anymore. So quiet happy it's in here :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
It's an awesome mod actually. I'm sad it hasn't gotten any more love than it has. some of the setups require some insanely complex work to make behave properly. I'm moderately sad it doesn't have compressed iron tools or armor.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
It's an awesome mod actually. I'm sad it hasn't gotten any more love than it has. some of the setups require some insanely complex work to make behave properly. I'm moderately sad it doesn't have compressed iron tools or armor.
Well, there is the helmet thing.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Version 1.15 has been released on Curse and is waiting for approval on FTB:
Updated:
Chromaticraft 10d
ExtraCells 2.3.7b176
Hydraulicraft 2.1.245
Immersive Engineering 0.6.5.1
Immersive Integration 0.6.6
Iron Backpacks 1.2.10
Modular Powersuits 0.11.0.295
Open Blocks 1.5
Open Computers 1.5.21.41
Open Modular Turrets 2.1.8-199
PneumaticCraft 1.12.3-146
Silent's Gems 1.3.7-151
Storage Drawers 1.7.5

Added
Railcraft

WARNING!

You must set -XX:+UseG1GC in your Additional Java Arguments or some parts of Chromaticraft will be disabled!

Reactions: Odovbold

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Version 1.15 has been released on Curse and is waiting for approval on FTB:
Updated:
Chromaticraft 10d
ExtraCells 2.3.7b176
Hydraulicraft 2.1.245
Immersive Engineering 0.6.5.1
Immersive Integration 0.6.6
Iron Backpacks 1.2.10
Modular Powersuits 0.11.0.295
Open Blocks 1.5
Open Computers 1.5.21.41
Open Modular Turrets 2.1.8-199
PneumaticCraft 1.12.3-146
Silent's Gems 1.3.7-151
Storage Drawers 1.7.5

Added
Railcraft

WARNING!

You must set -XX:+UseG1GC in your Additional Java Arguments or some parts of Chromaticraft will be disabled!

I've looked further into it, and after quite some consideration, I've decided to go for a modpack without Chromaticraft in it, rather than have to worry about messing with it. While it may have it's features, if the mod author is going be lazy and require additional java arguments just to get his program to work, had I decided to continue with this modpack, I'd have just dumped Chromaticraft into the disabled modlist rather than have to fix it's shenanigans.

I'd much rather use a modpack where I don't have to mess about with weird java arguments.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I've looked further into it, and after quite some consideration, I've decided to go for a modpack without Chromaticraft in it, rather than have to worry about messing with it. While it may have it's features, if the mod author is going be lazy and require additional java arguments just to get his program to work, had I decided to continue with this modpack, I'd have just dumped Chromaticraft into the disabled modlist rather than have to fix it's shenanigans.

I'd much rather use a modpack where I don't have to mess about with weird java arguments.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Might want to do some research before making accusations. He's got a bug that crashes the JVM. Not Minecraft, the JVM itself. That is supposed to be impossible, almost no one will help him, and he gets a lot of insults when he asks because of people with attitudes like yours and worse. It is, apparently, a bug within Java 8 not Minecraft and is far beyond a mod dev to figure out why.

So, yea, I agree having to set a Java argument is sub-optimal. That said, well, what else can he do? This, at least, allows things to work while he finds a better solution and if you don't feel like setting it, well, don't. You'll only lose out on the end game dimension and it takes quite a while to get to that point. I expect him to find a better solution some point soon.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Might want to do some research before making accusations. He's got a bug that crashes the JVM. Not Minecraft, the JVM itself. That is supposed to be impossible, almost no one will help him, and he gets a lot of insults when he asks because of people with attitudes like yours and worse. It is, apparently, a bug within Java 8 not Minecraft and is far beyond a mod dev to figure out why.

So, yea, I agree having to set a Java argument is sub-optimal. That said, well, what else can he do? This, at least, allows things to work while he finds a better solution and if you don't feel like setting it, well, don't. You'll only lose out on the end game dimension and it takes quite a while to get to that point. I expect him to find a better solution some point soon.

What is his problem, exactly? From the line he wants added, he's having some kind of issue with Java's garbage collection routines which shouldn't happen unless he's got some complicated code that leaves too much garbage to be collected, which in itself is a bad programming practice. If his mod's code leaves too much for Java to clan up, he definitely needs to rewrite it, possibly even refactor it, and make it more efficient.

You speak from a modpack developer's POV, I speak from an end-user's, I'm sorry but we are going to be on totally opposite ends of this argument, and whilst his mod continues to have these issues I'm not considering your modpack. I rely, heavily, on mods that don't break java or do things they shouldn't be doing or aren't doing correctly in the first place. This is mostly because I have neither the time nor the experience necessary to go around hunting obtusely hard to interpret bugs in someone else's code, which I'm quite certain I didn't sign up for in the first place. I want to play modpacks, not have to understand why some mod developer requires extra arguments on top of what is already recommended.

As to the whole garbage collection problem itself, I do recommend experimentation to find the optimal amount of memory that should be allocated to modded Minecraft. Too much memory allocated means more garbage collection tasks can accrue in the allocated memory space, which overloads java over time and degrades performance, and is said by others to be almost as bad as having too little memory assigned to a modded Minecraft installation.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Weird question, but I hardly ever play around with these aditions you put into java:
I only have this permgen-stuff inside (the one that hopefully helps vs heavy lag and so), do I put the new line right next to it with a free space or do I need a ; or so to add it?

Have no problem with just adding this lil extra, just not sure how to write it in so everything works and I don't blow up my java ^^"

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Weird question, but I hardly ever play around with these aditions you put into java:
I only have this permgen-stuff inside (the one that hopefully helps vs heavy lag and so), do I put the new line right next to it with a free space or do I need a ; or so to add it?

Have no problem with just adding this lil extra, just not sure how to write it in so everything works and I don't blow up my java ^^"
Ok, if you're using Java 8 (and you have to be with this pack) permgen no longer works. At any rate just add a space and put the new argument after it.