[1.7.10]Modular Mayhem

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Also from a look most of the events have to do with CC block generation. Again not great at code. If I am reading right so many items spawning at once is causing the problem and maybe putting a delay on them could help solve the issue.

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Also from a look most of the events have to do with CC block generation. Again not great at code. If I am reading right so many items spawning at once is causing the problem and maybe putting a delay on them could help solve the issue.
No different than any other dimension. Twilight Forest is probably worse. And we are getting pretty far afield of the purpose of this thread. Enough. Suffice to say, Chromaticraft is the way it is. Yes, it isn't optimal, yes I agree that it is a pain. But unless you know a way to fix it, this is what we have. And if you think you have a way to fix it, or have any suggestions, this is not the place to discuss such. Go to Reika's thread on the MCF or to Reika's issue tracker on GitHub

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
No different than any other dimension. Twilight Forest is probably worse. And we are getting pretty far afield of the purpose of this thread. Enough. Suffice to say, Chromaticraft is the way it is. Yes, it isn't optimal, yes I agree that it is a pain. But unless you know a way to fix it, this is what we have. And if you think you have a way to fix it, or have any suggestions, this is not the place to discuss such. Go to Reika's thread on the MCF or to Reika's issue tracker on GitHub
ok

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
First time since the update that I actually come to play, so a lil late question, but the argument for java:
- Do you just add it like written down or does there need any additional info in it?
- Or do I actually have to add it in the java-settings itself?

The reason I ask: When I just add the argument in the curse-launcher (no other is inside there) I can no longer start minecraft, telling me something about "Could not create the java virtual machine. Fatal exception has occured".

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
It should work as set if you add it to the Settings>Minecraft>Advanced>Additional Java Arguments and just add -XX:+UseG1GC if you clear out any other arguments that may be there already.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Weird... doesn't work for me. At least in the Curse-Launcher.
I tried the same argument in the ftb-launcher and I didn't get any error message there. (though have to wait for the modpack to be on the newest version before really test it there)

[edit]

New edit:
After tinkering around in the enviroment-variables again (seriously this one update brings still problems with it even after months x.x) and restarting my computer it seems to finally work.

Not sure what exactly it was that happened (maybe "-Xincgc", don't even know for what that is, but removing it seems to have helped) but at least it seems to work now.
Sorry for this false alarm, I'm really not good in technical stuff, so it always takes time before I stumble over the right informations to search to actually get an answer.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Weird... doesn't work for me. At least in the Curse-Launcher.
I tried the same argument in the ftb-launcher and I didn't get any error message there. (though have to wait for the modpack to be on the newest version before really test it there)

[edit]

New edit:
After tinkering around in the enviroment-variables again (seriously this one update brings still problems with it even after months x.x) and restarting my computer it seems to finally work.

Not sure what exactly it was that happened (maybe "-Xincgc", don't even know for what that is, but removing it seems to have helped) but at least it seems to work now.
Sorry for this false alarm, I'm really not good in technical stuff, so it always takes time before I stumble over the right informations to search to actually get an answer.
-Xincgc
Enable the incremental garbage collector. The incremental garbage collector, which is off by default, will eliminate occasional garbage-collection pauses during program execution. However, it can lead to a roughly 10% decrease in overall GC performance.

Also i posted a link explaining what Garbage Collecters are and do a page back or so if that helps.

beardedknight

Jul 29, 2019

I agree.

Hope this helps if you're having problems in the FTB Launcher when you add -XX:+UseG1GC and you get the following error:
Code:
[11:22:57] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:86: Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_65\bin\java.exe
[11:22:57] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:87: Pack: Modular Mayhem 1.7.10
[11:22:57] [INFO] MCLauncher.setMemory:269: Setting MinMemory to 256
[11:22:57] [INFO] MCLauncher.setMemory:271: Setting MaxMemory to 4096
[11:22:57] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:136: Additional java parameters:  -XX:+UseG1GC
[11:22:57] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:150: Adding Optimization Arguments: -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation
[11:22:57] [DEBUG] MCInstaller.launchMinecraft:428: MC PID: 8744
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
Conflicting collector combinations in option list; please refer to the release notes for the combinations allowed

Just uncheck the "Use Optimization Arguments for Fast Computers" box before you run this. This isn't on by default, but I've used it with all the packs I play on FTB without errors until now.

Emperor_Niko

Jul 29, 2019
bGUcYNX.png

Even with the "-XX:+UseG1GC" additional Java arguments and unchecking "Use Optimization Arguments for Fast Computers" I get this long error whenever I fabricate something on the ChromatiCraft Casting Table. The item is still fabricated, but no particle effects are played.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Even with the "-XX:+UseG1GC" additional Java arguments and unchecking "Use Optimization Arguments for Fast Computers" I get this long error whenever I fabricate something on the ChromatiCraft Casting Table. The item is still fabricated, but no particle effects are played.

Try editing dragonapi.cfg in config\Reika and change B:"Log errors to chat"=true to false

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I know some people who MIGHT be able to read that mess. I'll see if I can get them in on the project, if any of them are willing to admit to being able to diagnose a JRE crash log.
Might be better to PM iskandar or post on the thread suggested by Iskandar as he made it clear he wanted this thread back on topic. I hope someone can help with the mod dev problem though.

Emperor_Niko

Jul 29, 2019
Everything with ChromatiCraft was actually going quite fine until I got to the Casting Complex, whenever I tried to craft stuff with lumens, most of the time the pylons that I have linked that are very far away (or beyond chunkloading distance) don't register and eventually the client just flat out crashes. This is getting rather annoying when I'm trying to craft those 8 ender crystals I need.

I don't even want to imagine how it's gonna be when I have to craft a certain thing that requires ALL lumens.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Everything with ChromatiCraft was actually going quite fine until I got to the Casting Complex, whenever I tried to craft stuff with lumens, most of the time the pylons that I have linked that are very far away (or beyond chunkloading distance) don't register and eventually the client just flat out crashes. This is getting rather annoying when I'm trying to craft those 8 ender crystals I need.

I don't even want to imagine how it's gonna be when I have to craft a certain thing that requires ALL lumens.
That.... should not happen. Pylons are set to chunkload themselves once used. I'd suggest pastebin'ing the cras hlog and post it to https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_Mods_Issues/issues?q=is:open+is:issue

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Iskandar, I posted my thoughts on the whole Chromaticraft problem because I believed something had to be done about it. However, as of now, I am saying that if someone wants to keep discussing it, that they either take it to PM or another area on the forums. I therefore would support you moving the off-topic replies, including mine, into another thread, if necessary. I'm sorry it went the way it did, but in order to stop a lot of extra posting overhead, I decided some time ago to stop responding to the thread.

I still firmly believe that if the problems with Chromaticraft are not rectified, that there will continue to be issues with this mod in your modpack for people that want to play it. I do not, however, want to see anyone continue discussing this further in this thread, as it is moving way off-topic, and I am asking that people move their discussion to another thread, forum, or PM's. I myself do not wish to play this modpack any more, unless and until the Chromaticraft problems are properly fixed.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
Iskandar, I posted my thoughts on the whole Chromaticraft problem because I believed something had to be done about it. However, as of now, I am saying that if someone wants to keep discussing it, that they either take it to PM or another area on the forums. I therefore would support you moving the off-topic replies, including mine, into another thread, if necessary. I'm sorry it went the way it did, but in order to stop a lot of extra posting overhead, I decided some time ago to stop responding to the thread.

I still firmly believe that if the problems with Chromaticraft are not rectified, that there will continue to be issues with this mod in your modpack for people that want to play it. I do not, however, want to see anyone continue discussing this further in this thread, as it is moving way off-topic, and I am asking that people move their discussion to another thread, forum, or PM's. I myself do not wish to play this modpack any more, unless and until the Chromaticraft problems are properly fixed.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

You can play the pack without using that java argument, because my understanding is that's needed for endgame stuff. At least, is what I'm doing. When I reach CC end game (and if I reach it) I will have to activate this alternative GC. But is probably it will get fixed before I reach that point, so, why bother now? Is not like the pack is based in CC, there are lots of stuff to do

Emperor_Niko

Jul 29, 2019
That.... should not happen. Pylons are set to chunkload themselves once used. I'd suggest pastebin'ing the cras hlog and post it to https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_Mods_Issues/issues?q=is:eek:pen+is:issue

It happens usually whenever I go to a different dimension or just turning on the client. It only fixes itself when I fly out to the pylons that I have linked.

Edit: Also I'm not sure if they're suppose to be rare but I haven't seen a SINGLE ChromatiCraft ore in the End, which I assume are crucial. All I'm seeing is a bunch of elemental infused ores.

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
It happens usually whenever I go to a different dimension or just turning on the client. It only fixes itself when I fly out to the pylons that I have linked.

Edit: Also I'm not sure if they're suppose to be rare but I haven't seen a SINGLE ChromatiCraft ore in the End, which I assume are crucial. All I'm seeing is a bunch of elemental infused ores.
Check the Chromaticraft list of blocks in NEI. You can see what you have found and what you haven't. Anything that you haven't unlocked will show up as the native block. If you End Stone versus whatever resource it is supposed to be that means you are lacking progression yet and the ore may be there you just can't see it.

Reactions: Flabort

Emperor_Niko

Jul 29, 2019
Check the Chromaticraft list of blocks in NEI. You can see what you have found and what you haven't. Anything that you haven't unlocked will show up as the native block. If you End Stone versus whatever resource it is supposed to be that means you are lacking progression yet and the ore may be there you just can't see it.

Well I have all but one research before "Other Worlds" completed, which is "Painful Loss", but I've died in many various ways to try to unlock it, even with the Chromic Lexicon or not, it doesn't seem to work. And I'm not sure if that is suppose to reveal the ore, which is already showing up in the NEI.