[1.7.10] Equivalent Energistics - Autocrafting with EMC!

D0pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Gals/Guys,

i'm using ProjectE 1.9.2 + Equivalent Energistics 0.6 in my private FTB Infinity and I encountered a bug with Equivalent Energistics i guess, just wanted to check back if anyone had the same issue before.
So for me, it seems that even though they are registered an accessible through my Project E Transmutation Tablet , Thermal Foundation (By now only found specifically TF's stuffs missing, no other mod by now) Ingots, Gears, etc etc are not accessible through AE auto crafting. Allthough They simply don't show up. Any 1 got any clue before i open an issue on github? (inb4 questions, yes they all do have EMC Values, yes i can craft other stuff perfectly fine)

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I am aware that there appears to be an intermittent problem with items with metadata (like TE ingots). I hope to fix this in the next version.

Reactions: D0pe

D0pe

Jul 29, 2019
so no need to report this, thx for your quick answer and awesome mod man, loving it anyway so far :)

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I am as of yet unable to recreate the issue with metadata.

If someone who has had some "luck" with creating the issue could try to get a world with a small selection of mods to exhibit the failure, and send me a download location via PM it would be appreciated. Please make sure you leave your tome in the Crafter. The less mods in use, the easier it will be for me to load the world and mods up in the dev environment to troubleshoot the issue (some mods are nothing but trouble during debugging... looking at you MFR, Mek, & BC). If this is not possible, I will need some brave soul to load a special debug version on a "broken" world that will spit out a ton of info that may or may not help...

On another front, I am making some progress with the new version, but don't expect it in the near future. It is slow going. As of now, I have added a stand alone version of the Condenser and an advanced version with the ability to import and export from adjacent inventories. I have also started work on the EMC Sorter.

Morden.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Long time, no update, I know!

Life gets in the way as they say, so I have not had a lot of time to work on the mod.

That said, I am still working on it.

It is being rewritten from scratch, and I hope to have a sort of progression. No more jumping to AE autocrafting with a few emc and 2 min of time.

Sorry if some people don't like this, but the mod is just too overpowered without some sort of "handcuffs".

More after the new year!

Omniwrath

Jul 29, 2019
Good to have you back Mordenkainen. I look forward to a rework, but in the meantime, is there any chance you have a version that fixes this bug while we wait?

Hey Gals/Guys,

i'm using ProjectE 1.9.2 + Equivalent Energistics 0.6 in my private FTB Infinity and I encountered a bug with Equivalent Energistics i guess, just wanted to check back if anyone had the same issue before.
So for me, it seems that even though they are registered an accessible through my Project E Transmutation Tablet , Thermal Foundation (By now only found specifically TF's stuffs missing, no other mod by now) Ingots, Gears, etc etc are not accessible through AE auto crafting. Allthough They simply don't show up. Any 1 got any clue before i open an issue on github? (inb4 questions, yes they all do have EMC Values, yes i can craft other stuff perfectly fine)

Long time, no update, I know!

Life gets in the way as they say, so I have not had a lot of time to work on the mod.

That said, I am still working on it.

It is being rewritten from scratch, and I hope to have a sort of progression. No more jumping to AE autocrafting with a few emc and 2 min of time.

Sorry if some people don't like this, but the mod is just too overpowered without some sort of "handcuffs".

More after the new year!

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Good to have you back Mordenkainen. I look forward to a rework, but in the meantime, is there any chance you have a version that fixes this bug while we wait?
I have never been able to recreate the issue, and no one has provided me with a world download with the issue, so I do not know what to fix.

At this point I think waiting for the next version is probably the best bet as the code that handles the patterns is being redone and hopefully will resolve the issue.

Omniwrath

Jul 29, 2019
I see. I've got a world but it's massive with nearly 100 mods, so I doubt you would want that one. I'll just wait for the next one. The probability of having the same bug with different code is highly unlikely. :)

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I see. I've got a world but it's massive with nearly 100 mods, so I doubt you would want that one. I'll just wait for the next one. The probability of having the same bug with different code is highly unlikely. :)
Yeah, ideally a small world with a limited set of mods is best for debugging.

In any case, I do hope to have something out within a month or so, which will hopefully resolve the issue.

F

fsntf

Right off the bat, OMG thanks for this mod! That being said, is it supposed to make the dense and superdense crystals by itself? I'm asking because I dumped quite a bit of emc value into my ME system and it quickly loaded up 178k regular emc crystals thus killing my ME storage capacity. Am I missing something? Thanks and again, fantastic mod.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Right off the bat, OMG thanks for this mod! That being said, is it supposed to make the dense and superdense crystals by itself? I'm asking because I dumped quite a bit of emc value into my ME system and it quickly loaded up 178k regular emc crystals thus killing my ME storage capacity. Am I missing something? Thanks and again, fantastic mod.
It will craft them as needed for autocrafting. In general only the lowest teir EMC crystals are stored. If you store large numbers of the larger crystals you may encounter some issues.

F

fsntf

Yep, Mordenkainen, it corrected itself later. But I had to create some 64k storage houses and then the option to make a few dense crystals came up. And for a third time, this mod is a godsend and thanks so much!

jrdiver

Jul 29, 2019
It will craft them as needed for autocrafting. In general only the lowest teir EMC crystals are stored. If you store large numbers of the larger crystals you may encounter some issues.

As a suggestion for some future build, would it be possible to make it accept the higher level crystals (preferring the lower level ones when available) for crafting and output the items asked for and the extra emc as lower level crystals, even if it takes additional energy to do this.

For a temporary workaround, using the the old fashioned keep a item stocked pre-crafted trick to condense the items down and tell it that it can get the lowest tier crystals via that condenser in a crafting pattern. (not a perfect solution since as far as i know it not possible to train it to realize that it gets around 500 t1 crystals out of 1 t2 crystal with a pattern...it seems to be limited to 176 or 3x64, ending in a lot of extra moving of items around the system. This is a bit of a roundabout way to do this but i think it should work. Might also get lazy and just put a 64k storage cell formatted to just store just the crystals but the laziness in me wants to make it so that i can dump items into the AE system, auto convert them to crystals/EMC and use them to craft from there without extra moving of items around the system.

6210classick

Jul 29, 2019
As a suggestion for some future build, would it be possible to make it accept the higher level crystals (preferring the lower level ones when available) for crafting and output the items asked for and the extra emc as lower level crystals, even if it takes additional energy to do this.

For a temporary workaround, using the the old fashioned keep a item stocked pre-crafted trick to condense the items down and tell it that it can get the lowest tier crystals via that condenser in a crafting pattern. (not a perfect solution since as far as i know it not possible to train it to realize that it gets around 500 t1 crystals out of 1 t2 crystal with a pattern...it seems to be limited to 176 or 3x64, ending in a lot of extra moving of items around the system. This is a bit of a roundabout way to do this but i think it should work. Might also get lazy and just put a 64k storage cell formatted to just store just the crystals but the laziness in me wants to make it so that i can dump items into the AE system, auto convert them to crystals/EMC and use them to craft from there without extra moving of items around the system.

just so you know Mordenkainen is currently working on EMC Drives in which you'll be able store EMC in the system and use it directly

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019

As stated, the entire EMC storage system is being reworked. In the future, EMC will be stored in dedicated drives. These drives will store raw EMC, not crystals. The crystals will only be used during autocrafting to move EMC around the network in a way AE will understand.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
So the mod is GUI free by design, and I'm not sure what tooltips would buy you since the blocks don't store any data to display as a tooltip.

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the OP, it looks like a cool mod to have.

Thing is, does this add in ProjectE EMC values for AE2? I have a mod that adds in EE3 EMC values for AE2, but I've been looking around looking for a mod that adds in values that aren't to a specific mod.