[1.7.10] Equivalent Energistics - Autocrafting with EMC!

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I know its been a while since any updates, but I just wanted to let people know that the mod is not dead, and in fact may be about to get a lot better. Here is a quick, and not quite complete list of the changes currently in development:

- Code optimized to be more cpu and server friendly.
- Non AE versions of the condenser and assembler for use with pipes, hoppers, chests, LP, etc.
- Tiers of condensers and assemblers with different levels of functionality and processing speed.
- Higher tiers can autoeject items to adjacent pipes and chests.
- Better indications of when there are issues.
- The EMC sorter, which can sort items with EMC from those without, and can sort researched items from unresearched.
- Upgraded versions of the condenser that also have the Sorter sorting abilities.
- No longer uses AE classes it shouldn't.
- Stores EMC in the AE network as EMC not items. There will be dedicated storage blocks/drives. No more losing drivespace to EMC crystals.

A lot of this stuff is still in its infancy, so there may be a while before the next big release.

That said if any big bugs come up, I will fix those, and if developing these changes takes too long, I may do a release with only the performance improvements.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Mordenkainen... not only are you named after my second third fourth favorite D&D wizard (Elminster takes first, Raistlin second, and I have to give props to Congenio Ioun :p Netheril was AWESOME... erm.. what was my train of thought here before I geeked out?), but you are making this into a seriously versatile and capable addon, while reducing processing overhead!

Keep on trucking oh leader of the Circle of Eight!

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Mordenkainen... not only are you named after my second third fourth favorite D&D wizard (Elminster takes first, Raistlin second, and I have to give props to Congenio Ioun :p Netheril was AWESOME... erm.. what was my train of thought here before I geeked out?), but you are making this into a seriously versatile and capable addon, while reducing processing overhead!

Keep on trucking oh leader of the Circle of Eight!
But remember, Raistlin wasn't really Raistlin. He was more Fistandantilus reborn, and Fistandantilus was really Raistlin who traveled back in time and took Fistandantilus's place... So.... What were we talking about again? My brain hurts for some reason... Oh yeah, causality loops will do that...

Actually, I have always been partial to Rary... He was a traitorous bastard, but was THE master artificer and metamage.

Reactions: TomeWyrm and lolmer

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Wibbly wobbly ball of timey wimey stuff, eh? Ontological paradoxes are... fun.

Eh, the Netherese have Rary beat on both counts.

Reactions: lolmer

Mattk4355

Jul 29, 2019
A suggestion for the EMC drives; when used with projectE you could make them require a certain Klein star teir, and the EMC it holds is proportional to the amount the Klein star can hold. For EE3 could make an item that works in the same fashion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Equivalent Energistics 0.6 has been released.

You can get it here:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/231853-equivalent-energistics/files/2255739

Changelog:
  • Rewrote code that builds EMC Patterns to be much more efficient. This should resolve TPS issues due to patterns being recalculated.
  • Fixed display of item being crafted in the Assembler to only show one item.
  • Added a texture for the Alchemical Tome! (Thanks AngleWyrm3!)
  • Recombined event handler.

Reactions: sinkillerj

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
For some reason when I use the new version 0.6 I cannot craft some of the item listed in my tome. I am using only ee3 and this mod (not proE). It appears to not register items with numbers. When i went to the normal transmutation tablet it showed A-Z but when I took the book out and put it back in it reset to show the numbers first for AE items. (64k chip) and then I was able to transmute the chips. Went back to AE terminal and I still cant craft the AE chips. Anyways just letting you know.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
So running the latest version of ae2ee3addon none of the storage cells have an EMC value. Are these values you have set yourself?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so 0.6 is out, which brings with it some much needed performance improvents.

The next version is well into development, and here is a list of some of the new stuff added thus far:
- Basic condenser. A standalone condenser that runs on RF power (support for power from the Logistics Pipes network is planned). It can have items to be condensed piped into any side, and can have Crystals piped out.

- Advanced condenser. Also standalone and runs on RF. It behaves in the same way as the Basic condenser, but can also be configured to automatically pull items from and eject crystals to adjacent inventories. The Advanced Condenser comes in 3 teirs, each tier being able to process items more quickly than the previous for the cost of additional power.

Currently the automatic pull/push handles inventories and sided inventories. Support for BC pipes and Thermal Dynamics Ducts is currently in development. What other "special storage" should be supported? I am talking about things like "it should support accessing all items stored in an ME network if the adjacent inventory is an ME interface". There are a lot of mods out there, so I'm open to suggestions.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
So running the latest version of ae2ee3addon none of the storage cells have an EMC value. Are these values you have set yourself?
I use ee3h and I made industrial craft diamonds have a value and that recalculated things to make it have values. I can craft them in my transmutation tablet and in version 0.5 but not in 0.6

the force

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any videos of this mod? For some reason I can't get it crafting right... It always tells me not enough CPU. Even after adding 32 with 32 ee3 crafter things.

6210classick

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any videos of this mod? For some reason I can't get it crafting right... It always tells me not enough CPU. Even after adding 32 with 32 ee3 crafter things.

it seems that your CPU is small , try adding more Crafting Storage Units

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Just to update I have been testing that weird bug I was having with not all the transmutations showing up when i updated to the latest version. It seems to be only specific to that world I was using. I had tried several versions with that save so its not a huge surprise. Anyways just wanted to let you know that bug whatever it was isnt replicating. Thanks for getting rid of the lag/chunk issues. I also really really love this mod :D

MrStatman80

Jul 29, 2019
It is easy to get EMC using OreDimesion mod and extra utilities quarry.... All you need is 14 blocks of emerald/diamond to get all the EMC you need , But I am new to this mod and so i installed it to my modpack (private) to give it a go...

Just a quick question thou.... Where do i put the assembler to automatic it and the auto condenser?

6210classick

Jul 29, 2019
Just to update I have been testing that weird bug I was having with not all the transmutations showing up when i updated to the latest version. It seems to be only specific to that world I was using. I had tried several versions with that save so its not a huge surprise. Anyways just wanted to let you know that bug whatever it was isnt replicating. Thanks for getting rid of the lag/chunk issues. I also really really love this mod :D

EE3 or Project E ?

6210classick

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question thou.... Where do i put the assembler to automatic it and the auto condenser?

both the Assembler & Condenser need to connect to your ME Network , also keep in mind that both use 1 channel each

the Condenser will automatically push out EMC crystals to the system providing that there is enough byte storage (i recommend a DSU or a Barrel ,, etc with a storage bus set to higher priority than your drives and white-listed to only allow EMC Crystals )