[1.7.10] Equivalent Energistics - Autocrafting with EMC!

utoc

Jul 29, 2019
Mordenkainen, how do you obtain the Dense and Super Dense crystals? I don't see any recipes for them and no matter how many EMC an item has, I always get regular crystals from my condensor.. how did you intend for them to be obtained?

6210classick

Jul 29, 2019
Mordenkainen, how do you obtain the Dense and Super Dense crystals? I don't see any recipes for them and no matter how many EMC an item has, I always get regular crystals from my condensor.. how did you intend for them to be obtained?

i think they automatically get condensed to the next tier when you have enough regular crystals , of course you must have at least 1 type free space in one of your drives

utoc

Jul 29, 2019
I learned the dense crystal through creative so that was what messed me up. Mordenkainen said on Github he would try to find a way around the issue so that dumbdumb users like me don't learn it by mistake.

Reactions: lolmer

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I will be changing it so that even if you do learn the crystals, it will not interfere with AE's ability to craft using them.

I have found a couple more bugs that may slow down the release of 0.3, and I am trying to do some special testing for the ProjectE folks. I will post more info once I know what the time frames look like.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Equivalent Energistics 0.3 has been released.

You can get it here:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/231853-equivalent-energistics/files/2249157

Changelog:
  • Fixed crafting stalling on server restart
  • EMC Crystals are now filtered from an players learned transmutations. This solves a glitch that caused Dense Crystals to be uncraftable by AE.
  • Fixed an issue where the Client did not get updated with server state causing a crash.
  • Parallel crafting now works properly
  • EMC Assemblers now display the item they are crafting.
  • Condenser power usage has been changed to be based on the crystals output rather than the item being condensed. This should prevent the case where a network without enough power appears to "eat" high EMC value items that are pumped into the Condenser.
  • Added support for Waila
  • Some defaults in the config have been changed. You may want to delete your config and allow it to be recreated.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
So I just made the change so the condenser power requirement is based on the crystals injected into the system instead of the EMC value of the item being condensed....

I don't like it.

The more I play with it, the more I feel this detracts from the planning and prep needed to build and maintain an ME network capable of doing something this powerful.

I am leaning toward reverting this change and instead having the condenser provide an indication that not enough power is available to do the conversion.

In fact, I think I may mirror it on the assembler side so that it costs as much power to construct an item as it does to condense it.

Thoughts/opinions?

utoc

Jul 29, 2019
I would like if you halted production/condensing if there wasnt enough power available just like you did before and maybe turned the condensor/crafter a red color or maybe added a GUI to each of them that indicated "Power Available" "Power Needed"

I perfer the GUI route.. this would also give people a means to access the machines inventory if they put an octuple compressed cobble without enough power, they could get it out of the condensor and save it for later.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I would like if you halted production/condensing if there wasn't enough power available just like you did before and maybe turned the condensor/crafter a red color or maybe added a GUI to each of them that indicated "Power Available" "Power Needed"

I perfer the GUI route.. this would also give people a means to access the machines inventory if they put an octuple compressed cobble without enough power, they could get it out of the condensor and save it for later.

I want to avoid GUIs.

I was thinking more along the lines of adding the power requirements to the WAILA UI. In addition, I think I would allow "rejected" items to be pumped out via pipes or a hopper. As far as an in-world indicator of the problem, a condenser or assembler that is "stuck" might get some particle effects coming out of it to indicate that this is the case.

All that said, thanks for the input!

utoc

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to tie in to AEs crafting interface? Possibly showing one crafting processor used when condensing and crafting as a way to indicate it being stuck from lack of power? Have it show power in red similarly to how it shows items missing in red?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to tie in to AEs crafting interface? Possibly showing one crafting processor used when condensing and crafting as a way to indicate it being stuck from lack of power? Have it show power in red similarly to how it shows items missing in red?
Nope. Ae doesnt allow you to show anything other than items in that gui.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
@FireBall1725 Think AE could get an added feature? Hmm... I was going to poke the Extra Cells dev, but I don't know his FTB username (if any).

Could you just render the item in the condenser if it's stuck and alternate the color/alpha of the block into a flashing pattern or something?

Note that I haven't actually seen the blocks yet, so I might have a bit more informed opinion once I track down all the crashes from the kajillion mods I added to my pack recently.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
@FireBall1725 Think AE could get an added feature? Hmm... I was going to poke the Extra Cells dev, but I don't know his FTB username (if any).

Could you just render the item in the condenser if it's stuck and alternate the color/alpha of the block into a flashing pattern or something?

Note that I haven't actually seen the blocks yet, so I might have a bit more informed opinion once I track down all the crashes from the kajillion mods I added to my pack recently.
If AE were to add a feature the one I think would be most helpfull is if patterns could specify non-item requirement in some way, and the crafting simulation would actually be able to check these requirements.

Some examples:
General: Power
Thaumic Energistics: Essentia
Extracells: Fluids

If it had this capability, I would not store EMC as items, but instead as EMC, and have the patterns check that the network had enough stored EMC for the request.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Equivalent Energistics V0.4 has been released.

You can get it here:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/231853-equivalent-energistics/files/2251516

Changelog:
  • Fixed issue where invalid items were being added to the transmutation list
  • Rewrote crystal calculations to prevent "recipes" that required more than 9 stacks of crystals
  • Added checks for EE3 and ProjectE to stop Minecraft loading if neither is found.
  • Updated to use the ProjectE 1.8.0 API
  • API update means automatic detection of new transmutations and EMC changes for ProjectE!
NOTE:

If used with ProjectE, this release REQUIRES ProjectE 1.8.0 or higher. Please make sure to update your ProjectE!

Last edited:

utoc

Jul 29, 2019
@Mordenkainen I wanted to let you know about an issue we ran across in SMP. One base had fourteen EquivEnergistics assemblers and no chunkloading and we found that their base would lag the server when they left the area. The issue starts with other mods items force-loading chunks (without the area being told to be chunkloaded) so that you get a not-completely-loaded AE system. I had them get rid of all but 8 and the issue was significantly lessened but you still could notice a little block lag here and there. I can get screenshots and java sampler reports if you like but I don't know what you can do for something that isn't fully loaded.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
@Mordenkainen I wanted to let you know about an issue we ran across in SMP. One base had fourteen EquivEnergistics assemblers and no chunkloading and we found that their base would lag the server when they left the area. The issue starts with other mods items force-loading chunks (without the area being told to be chunkloaded) so that you get a not-completely-loaded AE system. I had them get rid of all but 8 and the issue was significantly lessened but you still could notice a little block lag here and there. I can get screenshots and java sampler reports if you like but I don't know what you can do for something that isn't fully loaded.
The java sampler reports would be welcome. Its kind of a wierd problem though, since these blocks do not "tick" in the normal sense. They shouldn't tick unless connected to a valid grid.

Also, did you notice if those assemblers had active crafting going on, or were they just sitting idle?

Last edited:

FireBall1725

Jul 29, 2019
Ontario, Canada

AE2 is pretty much feature locked at the moment. I have plans to start on an addon mod again at somepoint in the near future, when that happens, i will take suggestions for things people are looking for.