[1.7.10] Equivalent Energistics - Autocrafting with EMC!

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
It does not add EMC values for any blocks. ProjectE itself offers commands that allow you to add EMC values to items IIRC. You may be able to use those to get what you want.

Beta

Jul 29, 2019
Tooltips on what each block does, unless you look at this thread theres no other place to learn how to use the mod.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have been asked to create a new mod by one of my friends, and that is slowing down progress on the new version of Equivalent Energistics.

I have not given up on this mod, I am just now splitting time between two mods.

The new Equivalent Energistics will be vastly different from the existing one. I will do my best to maintain compatibility, but I may have to break the existing condensers and assemblers. I will do everything I can to ensure that your existing EMC crystal stockpile is not lost.

As a side note, the other mod is also an AE2 addon that adds several new capabilities to your AE newtork. Currently it adds a "part" form of the energy acceptor, and the ability to power RF, Mek, and IC2 machines directly from the AE network. In dev is an AE powered furnace, potion stand, and grindstone with autocrafting support, the ability to "teleport" entities through the AE network, and network aware lighting that can be used as crafting indicators or storage monitoring. Other features are also on a longer term plan.

Vengent

Jul 29, 2019
There ia not. Eventually there will be, but I do not have an ETA.

Bummer, was so excited as I plopped down my first emc condenser on the AE network to kablooey crash =) Figured it was rv3 right off the bat.

Eagerly look forward to your updates, and thanks for the super fast response!

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
So.. I'm using this mod in a modpack, the Ozone Project.. and I think I have it set up right. But, it wont let me craft or even show the ability to craft the normal EMC crystals. It has the icons for the 2 big crystals like the Dense and such. But the normal ones I can't craft, and I have no idea why.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
The lowest tier crystals can only be created by piping/hoppering items with EMC values into an EMC condenser. The items will be converted to an equivalent value of Tier 1 EMC Crystals.

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
The lowest tier crystals can only be created by piping/hoppering items with EMC values into an EMC condenser. The items will be converted to an equivalent value of Tier 1 EMC Crystals.

Ah ok.. so I had it mostly right. I had a pipe in the wrong spot. Now I have it working right. Though another question. Is there a way to have it add/scan items to your Tome as you send it through the condenser? Or is that something you just gotta do manually?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok.. so I had it mostly right. I had a pipe in the wrong spot. Now I have it working right. Though another question. Is there a way to have it add/scan items to your Tome as you send it through the condenser? Or is that something you just gotta do manually?
It is something you have to do manually. In the future I will be adding something that will separate out items you do not yet have "scanned", but I probably will not be adding something that "scans" the items for you.

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
It is something you have to do manually. In the future I will be adding something that will separate out items you do not yet have "scanned", but I probably will not be adding something that "scans" the items for you.

Ok, that's cool. Was just wondering.. though, seem to have found an issue. I can't seem to get the system to craft Blitz and Blizz rods. I can use the transmutation table/tablet to do it, but not the ME one.. it works fine for blaze rods though.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, that's cool. Was just wondering.. though, seem to have found an issue. I can't seem to get the system to craft Blitz and Blizz rods. I can use the transmutation table/tablet to do it, but not the ME one.. it works fine for blaze rods though.
There is a known issue where under certain circumstances this happens. If you look at those rods you should see that they are a "metadata" item. For example they will be listed as something like "ThermalFoundation:itemName:6". A non-zero number on the end indicates a metadata item.

This problem shows up when the item with metadata 0 (ThermalFoundation:itemName:0 in the example above) does not have an EMC value. Giving that item an EMC value using the EE3/ProjectE admin commands should resolve the issue.

M

mikeskey

I'm not very good with figuring out these minecraft crash reports but this is the one from when my LAN game crashed today. I had just placed the condenser on an ME Fluix cable and it instantly crashed. Anything I can do on my end or is this something that would require an update? I just checked and I'm using AE2 release from 7-6-15 rv2-stable-10

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Would you like a cupcake?

Time: 6/22/16 2:55 PM
Description: Ticking block entity

java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at appeng.tile.events.AETileEventHandler.tick(AETileEventHandler.java:62)
at appeng.tile.AEBaseTile.func_145845_h(AEBaseTile.java:180)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:396)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor138.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at appeng.tile.events.AETileEventHandler.tick(AETileEventHandler.java:50)
... 8 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.util.EMCUtils.getCrystalEMC(EMCUtils.java:69)
at com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.util.EMCUtils.getCrystalEMC(EMCUtils.java:63)
at com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.tiles.TileEMCCondenser.onTick(TileEMCCondenser.java:125)
... 12 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:

-- Block entity being ticked --
Details:
Name: equivalentenergisticsTileEMCCondenser // com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.tiles.TileEMCCondenser
Block type: ID #1981 (tile.equivalentenergistics:EMCCondenser // com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.blocks.BlockEMCCondenser)
Block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000
Block location: World: (257,63,256), Chunk: (at 1,3,0 in 16,16; contains blocks 256,0,256 to 271,255,271), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Actual block type: ID #1981 (tile.equivalentenergistics:EMCCondenser // com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.blocks.BlockEMCCondenser)
Actual block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000
Stacktrace:

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: M&T
All players: 2 total; [EntityPlayerMP['GlimmermanFX4'/2948, l='M&T', x=257.46, y=63.00, z=259.91], EntityPlayerMP['KennieDeathwish'/485659, l='M&T', x=-212.28, y=70.08, z=2370.24]]
Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 989 Drop: 0
Level seed: 2778666944680746478
Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: true
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (252,64,252), Chunk: (at 12,4,12 in 15,15; contains blocks 240,0,240 to 255,255,255), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Level time: 1490151 game time, 1497061 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
Level weather: Rain time: 59745 (now: false), thunder time: 100254 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not very good with figuring out these minecraft crash reports but this is the one from when my LAN game crashed today. I had just placed the condenser on an ME Fluix cable and it instantly crashed. Anything I can do on my end or is this something that would require an update? I just checked and I'm using AE2 release from 7-6-15 rv2-stable-10

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Would you like a cupcake?

Time: 6/22/16 2:55 PM
Description: Ticking block entity

java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor138.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at appeng.tile.events.AETileEventHandler.tick(AETileEventHandler.java:50)
... 8 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.util.EMCUtils.getCrystalEMC(EMCUtils.java:69)
at com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.util.EMCUtils.getCrystalEMC(EMCUtils.java:63)
at com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.tiles.TileEMCCondenser.onTick(TileEMCCondenser.java:125)
... 12 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:

-- Block entity being ticked --
Details:
Name: equivalentenergisticsTileEMCCondenser // com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.tiles.TileEMCCondenser
Block type: ID #1981 (tile.equivalentenergistics:EMCCondenser // com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.blocks.BlockEMCCondenser)
Block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000
Block location: World: (257,63,256), Chunk: (at 1,3,0 in 16,16; contains blocks 256,0,256 to 271,255,271), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Actual block type: ID #1981 (tile.equivalentenergistics:EMCCondenser // com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.blocks.BlockEMCCondenser)
Actual block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000
Stacktrace:

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: M&T
All players: 2 total; [EntityPlayerMP['GlimmermanFX4'/2948, l='M&T', x=257.46, y=63.00, z=259.91], EntityPlayerMP['KennieDeathwish'/485659, l='M&T', x=-212.28, y=70.08, z=2370.24]]
Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 989 Drop: 0
Level seed: 2778666944680746478
Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: true
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (252,64,252), Chunk: (at 12,4,12 in 15,15; contains blocks 240,0,240 to 255,255,255), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Level time: 1490151 game time, 1497061 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
Level weather: Rain time: 59745 (now: false), thunder time: 100254 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Stacktrace:
This error is due to me misusing the AE API. It will be fixed in a future release, but I dont have an ETA.

M

mikeskey

I assume there isn't really much I can do on my end to make it work for the time being then is there? And Thank you for the quick response to the initial question, it's greatly appreciated :D

M

mikeskey

I only had EE3 installed and AE2 rv2, I haven't ever used ProjectE. Do I need to install ProjectE also or should I use that instead of EE3?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Just figured I would give some status on the next version of Equivalent Energistics.

- Now requires Java 8. Sorry if this causes some people issues, but I needed some of the Java 8 features and really, Java 7 is not supported by Oracle anymore anyway.
- No longer uses internal AE2 classes it shouldn't. This increases stability and allows compatibility with AE2 RV3.
- More server friendly as it no longer "ticks" when idle.
- More network friendly as it transfers much less data between the client and server. Most everything is done serverside now.
- EMC storage system has been redone and EMC Crystals only exist for the purpose of autocrafting now. No more EMC Crystals eating up cell space as they have their own storage cells. This has some side effects when upgrading that are detailed below.
- Went back to the old method of power consumption. Condensing an Item to EMC costs power proportional to the EMC value of the item. This means that if you try to condense an item that is too high an EMC value for your network to supply power for, the condenser will "jam" and the item will need to be removed via pipes/hopper. More on jammed condensers below.
- The issue with some items that have metadata being uncraftable has been found and put to death by firing squad.
- Now displays the total EMC in the system as an item in the AE terminal. I may make this configurable, but as of right now it is not.
- Condensing an "EMC Storage" item, like a Klein Star, will not destroy the item. Instead, the EMC in the item will be stored into the network, then the empty storage item will be inserted into the network. This applies to EMC Storage Cells as well.
- EMC Storage Cells can be charged in a ProjectE "power flower" similarly to Klein Stars.

Still to do:
- The EMC Crafter has not been rewritten yet and is not functional. I hope to have this fixed soon.
- Need to add crafting recipes for the EMC Storage Cells.

Would like to do but don't want to hold up release for:
- EMC Import and Export busses for importing/exporting EMC to and from ProjectE EMC Relays.
- An FMP version of the condenser.
- Stand alone (non-AE2) methods to autocraft and condense EMC. This would enable EMC autocrafting with Logistics Pipes and similar mods.
- EMC Level Emitters.

Upgrading:
I am doing everything I can to not lose peoples EMC stockpile when upgrading, but that said the old EMC Crystals will no longer work with the crafting system. All stockpiled EMC Crystals will need to be reprocessed through an EMC condenser and stored into the network in their new, improved form. This does not cost any power, so in this case you do not have to worry about the condenser jamming. Also, you will not be able to convert any crystals until you install some EMC Storage Cells into your network. EMC Crystals can no longer be added to standard storage cells, so if you pull any out you will not be able to put them back in without converting them via condenser.

That said.... I can not ensure that items that are waiting to be processed in a condenser or active crafting jobs using a EMC Crafter will upgrade cleanly. These items may be lost, autocrafting may stall and need to be canceled, etc. I am not sure there is anything I can do about this. The best advice I can give is to stop pumping items into condensers and take your AE network offline before upgrading. This should ensure the minimum amout of disruption.

Jammed Condensers:
Condensers now detect when they have work to do, but for some reason can not do it. examples of this include having an item with too high an EMC value to process, no space left on EMC Storage Cells to push EMC to, etc. If the condenser detects this, it will still continue to do whatever it can, but will emit particles to indicate it has a problem. For example, a condenser that has an item in it that can not be condensed will continue to save any EMC it has stored into the network, but will stop condensing new items until the problem is resolved. Also, if there is no EMC Storage space left on the network, it will continue to condense items into it's internal buffer, but will stop saving EMC into the network. If the issue is an item, users can add more power handling to the network, or remove the item via pipes/hoppers to clear the jam. For the case where you are out of storage, add more drives.

ETA:
I'm not sure. Due to work and other things this update has taken far longer then I anticipated and isn't done yet. Even when I think I am done I will need to take quite a while to test it as it is a total rewrite of the mod. I just wanted people to know the mod is NOT dead, and is undergoing a fairly major transformation.

Last edited: