[1.7.10] Equivalent Energistics - Autocrafting with EMC!

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
So after some thought I have come up with a handful of potential solutions for the issue:

1. Get Pahimar to fix the 1.7.10 version of EE3.
- I believe he has gone on to 1.10, so do not think this is a likely solution.

2. Write a bunch of code that tracks each players known transmutations and periodically checks to see if they have changed.
- This would require a fairly large change to how transmutations are handled and would represent a vast difference in the handling between EE3 and ProjectE. It would also mean running a fairly CPU costly comparison every few seconds for each player (online or not). Because of this I think this idea is a no go.

3. Fix EE3 and provide the fixed version alongside Equivalent Energistics.
- This would mean that anyone that wanted to use Equivalent Energistics would need a special custom EE3. Since I do not have official permission to make my own fork/releases of EE3 this may cause issues with distributing modpacks with Equivalent Energistics. In addition, it would cause confusion for users and a support nightmare since some users may not realize that they need a special EE3.

4. Add a coremod component and patch the event back into EE3 at runtime.
- This would make Equivalent Energistics require the latest version of EE3, and also require a fair amount of development, but is the most likely to be successful. This is the option I am leaning towards.

DracoScythem

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not mistaken EE3 is still storing the known recipes as an NBT Tag for the player, so couldn't it be possible to store a reference to that Tag? (I have no idea how Equivalent Energistics works atm so... I don't know if this could even remotely work)
(To get it to keep working when a Player leaves a server you could copy the Tag on the SaveToFile Player event and then switch back to the reference on the corresponding EntityJoinWorld or LoadFromFile event (As I have never even tried using it I don't know if the latter already provides a finctioning / loaded EntityPlayer)).
Otherwise I would agree with 4. being the best way...

J

jimmydorry

Awesome sounding mod, however, adding this mod crashes when ever I look at the EMC Converter (what ever the machine that makes the stones)... breaking my save.

What is the latest version of EE3 supported? I'm running: `EquivalentExchange3-1.7.10-0.3.0.547`

with `EquivalentEnergistics - 0.6 - 1.7.10.jar`
and `appliedenergistics2-rv2-stable-10`

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// There are four lights!

Time: 13/10/16 7:39 PM
Description: Ticking block entity

java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at appeng.tile.events.AETileEventHandler.tick(AETileEventHandler.java:62)
at appeng.tile.AEBaseTile.func_145845_h(AEBaseTile.java:180)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:396)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor79.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at appeng.tile.events.AETileEventHandler.tick(AETileEventHandler.java:50)
... 8 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.util.EMCUtils.getCrystalEMC(EMCUtils.java:69)
at com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.util.EMCUtils.getCrystalEMC(EMCUtils.java:63)
at com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.tiles.TileEMCCondenser.onTick(TileEMCCondenser.java:125)
... 12 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at appeng.tile.events.AETileEventHandler.tick(AETileEventHandler.java:62)
at appeng.tile.AEBaseTile.func_145845_h(AEBaseTile.java:180)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939)

-- Block entity being ticked --
Details:
Name: equivalentenergisticsTileEMCCondenser // com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.tiles.TileEMCCondenser
Block type: ID #1519 (tile.equivalentenergistics:EMCCondenser // com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.blocks.BlockEMCCondenser)
Block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000
Block location: World: (90,64,362), Chunk: (at 10,4,10 in 5,22; contains blocks 80,0,352 to 95,255,367), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Actual block type: ID #1519 (tile.equivalentenergistics:EMCCondenser // com.mordenkainen.equivalentenergistics.blocks.BlockEMCCondenser)
Actual block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: Factories
All players: 1 total; [EntityPlayerMP['jimmydorry'/2769, l='Factories', x=91.06, y=64.00, z=365.22]]
Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 696 Drop: 0
Level seed: -2136273135705531884
Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: true
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (42,64,320), Chunk: (at 10,4,0 in 2,20; contains blocks 32,0,320 to 47,255,335), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Level time: 9985267 game time, 10054707 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
Level weather: Rain time: 34189 (now: false), thunder time: 40756 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:396)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (amd64) version 6.3
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 341519824 bytes (325 MB) / 2660237312 bytes (2537 MB) up to 3817865216 bytes (3641 MB)
JVM Flags: 4 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx4096m -Xms256m -XX:permSize=256m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 2, tcache: 0, allocated: 12, tallocated: 96
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.99.99 Minecraft Forge 10.13.4.1614 159 mods loaded, 151 mods active
{/SPOILER]

Last edited:
S

ScourgeRichtofen

Awesome sounding mod, however, adding this mod crashes when ever I look at the EMC Converter (what ever the machine that makes the stones)... breaking my save.

What is the latest version of EE3 supported? I'm running: `EquivalentExchange3-1.7.10-0.3.0.547`

with `EquivalentEnergistics - 0.6 - 1.7.10.jar`

Hey man the mod isn't working correctly with that version it's best to use E2 instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

jimmydorry

RIP :(

Trying to figure out how to remove the offending block now, as I can't load my save.

OP, please update the original post to say which versions are supported.

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and the discord invite expired.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Remove the block using MC edit... or just remove the mod.

As far as compat. versions, Pahimar made changes at some point, breaking his API and renaming an item this mod relied on. I have no idea what version he did this in.

And here is a new Discord invite:
https://discord.gg/2N2CJpD

EDIT - I am working on an updated version that will work with the new EE. Unfortunatly this means it will no longer work with the old one. I do not have an ETA, but I am on vacation from work next week so hope to make some progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScourgeRichtofen
S

ScourgeRichtofen

That's good to hear maybe if possible I'll change E2 to E3 on my server

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aka Gambit

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, gotta love when people make huge changes to their code like that.
Also not sure if I said it before but thanks for this mod, it was exacatly what I wanted plus more xD

Reactions: ScourgeRichtofen
J

jimmydorry

Remove the block using MC edit... or just remove the mod.

As far as compat. versions, Pahimar made changes at some point, breaking his API and renaming an item this mod relied on. I have no idea what version he did this in.

And here is a new Discord invite:
https://discord.gg/NQQxNb3

EDIT - I am working on an updated version that will work with the new EE. Unfortunatly this means it will no longer work with the old one. I do not have an ETA, but I am on vacation from work next week so hope to make some progress.

Thanks. I figured it out.

No rush on fixing. It's great to hear that you intend to update!

I'll keep an eye on this mod, as it certainly synergises well with tech mod packs, and I can't wait to throw it into my local FeedTheBeast Inventions.

E

Elion

uon trying to place emc condensers or assemblers my game crashes, ProjectE PE1.10.1, AE2 rv3 beta 5, EE 0.6 not sure what the problem is please help

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
That is correct. The current Equivalent Energistics was written for AE3 RV2, which was the latest non-alpha version at the time.