[1.7.10] Equivalent Energistics - Autocrafting with EMC!

Aka Gambit

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue that when I attach the EMC Assembler the recipes for the EMC crystals show up but when I right click it with the Alchenomicon, all it does is open it up not add the learned EE3 items. Now I know it says to right click with a "Tome of Alchemical Knowledge" but no such item exists, only the "Alchenomicon" which stores your learned items. Is there something I missed?

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue that when I attach the EMC Assembler the recipes for the EMC crystals show up but when I right click it with the Alchenomicon, all it does is open it up not add the learned EE3 items. Now I know it says to right click with a "Tome of Alchemical Knowledge" but no such item exists, only the "Alchenomicon" which stores your learned items. Is there something I missed?
It would appear Pahimar changed the name of the Tome item, and EqE can no longer detect it. That is unfortunate. Not much can be done about it until my next release.

Aka Gambit

Jul 29, 2019
So there is nothing in the config I can adjust to fix it then I would assume...well at least I know I was nothing doing anything wrong haha, can not wait for a new release. The condenser works great as is at least. :)

Also (and I do not mean to sound pushy or anything) do you know when that may be?

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
So there is nothing in the config I can adjust to fix it then I would assume...well at least I know I was nothing doing anything wrong haha, can not wait for a new release. The condenser works great as is at least. :)

Also (and I do not mean to sound pushy or anything) do you know when that may be?
At the moment the only thing you could do is switch over to project-e instead of EE3.

Aka Gambit

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment the only thing you could do is switch over to project-e instead of EE3.
Well I do not want to do that as I switched to your mod from having Project E in it plus EE3 lol
I suppose for now I will just wait until its updated as the condenser is working :p (and that's all I wanted out of Project E)

Also a big thanks for creating this mod it was exactly what I wanted plus more xD

Aka Gambit

Jul 29, 2019
Not to sound snarky, but.....

"When its ready"

Do you have an estimated ETA, (like will it be done this year or this month or in a week or two) ?
I do not want to sound rude, (so I apologize if this comes off that way, it is not my intent) I just really want to use your mod with EE3, as I prefer it over ProjectE.
:)

Aka Gambit

Jul 29, 2019
Any time you ask for an eta it's frequently met with the same answer mordenkainen gave
Hence why I said "Estimate".
I know an exact date would be out of the question but knowing if it will take days, weeks, months or even years should be within reason.
Once again I am not trying to be rude as I know when you are coding its hard to give an exact date.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Estimate is the first word in eta, the second "estimate" is redundant. The answer would remain the same regardless. Imo asking for an eta from a developer is the same as saying "hurry up."

S

ScourgeRichtofen

I must say I agree with Scottly I've been lurking in the shadows watching the forum and to believe asking ETA is rushing if you don't even mean to be rude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have an estimated ETA, (like will it be done this year or this month or in a week or two) ?
I do not want to sound rude, (so I apologize if this comes off that way, it is not my intent) I just really want to use your mod with EE3, as I prefer it over ProjectE.
:)
Next week if I quit my job....

In all reality the code is about 80% written. Still need to rewrite the EMC Assembler, will probably need a week for that. Then it needs to be tested as I'm sure no one wants me to kill their worlds or delete their EMC stockpile. That alone will take a while even if I don't find any issues.

All that assumes I have time to work on it. The job that actually pays me has a major product release in a month that is demanding 80+ hour work weeks. I am spending much of my free time playing Destiny of late as there is a limited time event going on.... And I have a 3yr old....

So....

"When its ready"

Reactions: Scottly318
S

ScourgeRichtofen

Hahaha thanks there we got the ETA :3 now everyone back to what we were doing

Aka Gambit

Jul 29, 2019
Estimate is the first word in eta, the second "estimate" is redundant. The answer would remain the same regardless. Imo asking for an eta from a developer is the same as saying "hurry up."

Yes I suppose it would be redundant. (Kinda sick at the moment so my brain is not working too well lol)
I do not mean "hurry up" at all. (That's plain rude.)
I just wanted to know how to progress with my server, if its going to be a short time then I halt progress until its ready.
However I do not wish to sit on my hands waiting for a year or longer, so knowing an ETA can help me decide what to do going forward.
I apologize if I came across rude, it was not my intent at all.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I suppose it would be redundant. (Kinda sick at the moment so my brain is not working too well lol)
I do not mean "hurry up" at all. (That's plain rude.)
I just wanted to know how to progress with my server, if its going to be a short time then I halt progress until its ready.
However I do not wish to sit on my hands waiting for a year or longer, so knowing an ETA can help me decide what to do going forward.
I apologize if I came across rude, it was not my intent at all.
My best guess is a month or less... But I can't guarantee that.

You could always stand the server up with an older EE3 (prior to the tome name change) and update both EE3 and EqE at the same time...

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
So, status update.....

All the code I expected to have to write is written.......

Then I started to test and realized Pahimar (EE3) had thrown a gigantic monkey wrench into the mix. He no longer throws events when a player learns something in 1.7.10. This is a bit of a showstopper.

I need to step back and think about anything I can do to resolve the issue, but at this point it looks like there is not much I can do without a fairly high performance impact, loss of functionality, or introducing a potential for instability.

I will continue to test with ProjectE, but for the moment, all EE3 support is on hold!

S

ScourgeRichtofen

As long as you try and hope that's all anyone is asking for!