What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
The file "options.txt" has a lot of options that can be set.
This is one of them.

(This is in response to this: )
Here's the killer one for me, this has always bothered me because I alt-tab out of Minecraft a lot and do other things while I AFK and let my machines run...

F3 & P = Toggles the Auto-pause feature when the window loses focus. (Useful if you don't want the game to pause when you are using Alt & Tab on Windows.)

That one is gonna be VERY useful to me, I no longer will have to press "E" before alt-tabbing. :)

Reactions: the_j485

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered that the Ender Chest Mod's Ender Pouch synched with an Ender chest attached to a fully decked out ME storage system with a pipe is an amazingly beautiful way to ensure that you make it out of a dungeon with all your loot. Because it's already in your base storage soon as you pop it in there. It's super handy.

Reactions: PierceSG

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered that the Ender Chest Mod's Ender Pouch synched with an Ender chest attached to a fully decked out ME storage system with a pipe is an amazingly beautiful way to ensure that you make it out of a dungeon with all your loot. Because it's already in your base storage soon as you pop it in there. It's super handy.
It's also good for having enough room in your inventory when duengoning or mining.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Or escaping the end without killing the ender dragon because you just wanted some end stone or an ender hive. (From memory you can actually put the pouch in itself to deposit in your system, make sure it's the last item that goes in though..)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Very useful, a Roguelike Dungeon will fill your inventory very fast :)

It's also possible the other way round: With Logistics Pipes' remote request tool.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I'm now imagining the pouch is something like a Klein Bottle xD
It'll start spinning in on itself... INFINITELY!

Also, I don't see why they don't just use portals for infinite power in Portal 1 and 2. I mean, just get a weighted cable, and drop it, after attacking a dynamo. Boom, infinite power.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
It'll start spinning in on itself... INFINITELY!

Also, I don't see why they don't just use portals for infinite power in Portal 1 and 2. I mean, just get a weighted cable, and drop it, after attacking a dynamo. Boom, infinite power.
That wouldn't work. the cable would hit itself and either get tangled, or bounce and not land in the portal.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Paradox: The portals' conservation of momentum contradicts the conservation of momentum.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
That wouldn't work. the cable would hit itself and either get tangled, or bounce and not land in the portal.
The idea that it's connected to itself, end to end. It's straight, but it's still connected from the front to the end. how would it hit itself? and if you hook it up right, it won't move around.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Now if you had a turbine designed to fall so that it could spin as wind flowed through it due to it falling, and it generated energy that could be transmitted wirelessly, THEN we'd be talking...

Okay, so I found out that several of these mods work really well together. I have the ender pouch feeding the ender chest attached to a ME system now powered by a Big Reactor, for which most of the components I replicated enough of using the AE system, for which I fueled by using a mob farm maintained using thaumcraft golems and I have made more effective with my blood magic altar, which was given a good start using botania...

Unless I'm looking for Yellorite ores or Vis Shards, I hardly go outside anymore. :/