[0.12.0] 1.7.10: Technomancy Discussion Thread

Xsile

Jul 29, 2019
Any news on the bug with the node dynamo's Mordenkainen? Also I noticed that node fabricators don't have collision box is this unintentional or just unimplemented? Hope theflogat gets some free time to work on the mod soon :) can't wait to see what comes next even if its just fix's.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
So I tracked down the issue. It's due to the way Thaumcraft reports how much Vis is in a node. Should be an easy fix.

Don't know about the collision box for the fabricators.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xsile

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
At this point in thaumcraft its kind of a logical step.

So the way that node stability is handled is that the node checks if there is a stabilizer under it. It does this about every 2.5 seconds. Only a stabilizer is acceptable.

Because of this, it's likely that the dynamo can not be updated to stabilize nodes itself.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
So the way that node stability is handled is that the node checks if there is a stabilizer under it. It does this about every 2.5 seconds. Only a stabilizer is acceptable.

Because of this, it's likely that the dynamo can not be updated to stabilize nodes itself.

Make a pull request. Thaumcraft has an option for custom pedestals for the altars, and that came from the needs of Thaumic infusion.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Make a pull request. Thaumcraft has an option for custom pedestals for the altars, and that came from the needs of Thaumic infusion.

Actually, the more I look at Thaumcrafts code, the more I realize that you probably do not want to use stabilized nodes with the Node Dynamo. A node in a standard stabilizer regenerates Vis at half the normal rate, and in an advanced stabilizer at 1/20th. I think you are probably best off using stand alone nodes to power this thing. The Node Dynamo consumes 1 Vis every 10 seconds or so which is faster then the recharge rate of a normal, non-stabilized node. Because of the area that the Node Dynamo covers, I think you should be able to have at least 8 nodes around it without the nodes merging, and these nodes could be shared by more than one dynamo.

That said, I could see an "upgraded" Dynamo that runs on centivis as suggested earlier (Vis Dynamo?). This would require an energized node (Which I believe gains no benefit from stabilizers).

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the more I look at Thaumcrafts code, the more I realize that you probably do not want to use stabilized nodes with the Node Dynamo. A node in a standard stabilizer regenerates Vis at half the normal rate, and in an advanced stabilizer at 1/20th. I think you are probably best off using stand alone nodes to power this thing. The Node Dynamo consumes 1 Vis every 10 seconds or so which is faster then the recharge rate of a normal, non-stabilized node. Because of the area that the Node Dynamo covers, I think you should be able to have at least 8 nodes around it without the nodes merging, and these nodes could be shared by more than one dynamo.

That said, I could see an "upgraded" Dynamo that runs on centivis as suggested earlier (Vis Dynamo?). This would require an energized node (Which I believe gains no benefit from stabilizers).
Transduced nodes need a stabilizer but I don't think the type used has any bearing on the Vis rate.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Teaser:
Teaser.jpg

Xsile

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't need another essentia coil? O:
I am in all favor for the vis dynamo! would still be able to use nodes without needed to refactor for stabilization.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Actually the teaser was that I got the particle effects for essentia transfer working, so now the coils pull essentia like the infusion altar does.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
So I tracked down the issue. It's due to the way Thaumcraft reports how much Vis is in a node. Should be an easy fix.

Don't know about the collision box for the fabricators.
Hitboxes in minecraft are... odd.. If you want them to collide right, you have to make "dummy" blocks in each spot you want collisions.

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019

Yep, I once looked into it but it wouldn't be beneficial.

Hitboxes in minecraft are... odd.. If you want them to collide right, you have to make "dummy" blocks in each spot you want collisions.

Yes because it only checks the blocks in which your are standing. Thus, you have to create dummy air blocks and frankly, it is a pain.

Last edited:

Whichy

Jul 29, 2019
How does the blood fabricator and blood dynamo work? there's no wiki, there's nothing. I'm at loss.

Xsile

Jul 29, 2019
:) welcome back demo, Maybe you could make the node fabricator a multiblock then and have it transform using a wand like some other thaumcraft mechanics.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
:) welcome back demo, Maybe you could make the node fabricator a multiblock then and have it transform using a wand like some other thaumcraft mechanics.

4 redstone energy cell + 4 advanced alchemical construct, with the actual fabricator block in the middle?