[0.12.0] 1.7.10: Technomancy Discussion Thread

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
QXHZlEM.png

HOORAH! Not just a Thaumcraft addon but a bridge in between magic and technology.
Technomancy, as much as you can guess from the name, is based around combining magic and technology in a (hopefully) fun way. A lot of blocks will be added based around the RF power system and using it to perform advanced magical shenanigins. There will be Ars Magica support as well (as soon as I can devise what I'm going to add) but that will be at a later date. Witchery and Blood Magic support are also on the list. There is definitely going to be a plethora of dynamos to power your base in unique strange different ways.You'll see this list expand in the future.

Current version: 0.8.2
Requires:

Nothing at all. Tehcnomancy is a standalone mod

But if you want content you'll add:

Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.7
Thaumcraft
Blood Magic
Botania
Mekanism

f4qT0pp.png

Nifty Machines:
Implemented
Dynamos:
  • Essentia Dynamo: Powered by any type of essentia. Each type gives a different fuel value by "category" (Primals have the same fuel value, Human-like aspects have the same values, plants are the same, etc). Essentia can be pumped in to any side and will be drawn from any type of jar regardless of label.
  • Node Dynamo: Pulls aura from a node (without breaking it). Nothing but bright nodes will be able to keep up with the aura draw rate.
  • Hippie Dynamo: Uses Botania man to run a powerful dynamo.
  • Blood Dynamo: Pump blood into this baby and let it produce tons of Row, row fight the powaaa!
Machines:
  • Ecologic Transmuter: Buy supplying a very large amount of power, the Transmuter will terraform a maximum area of 300 blocks to either Tainted Land, Magical Forest, or Eerie biomes. Shift-Right-Click to toggle the output biome.
  • Quantum Jar: Stores 640 essentia. It will suck any essentia out of jars nearby as long as it has some essentia in it.
  • Node Fabricator: Creates aura nodes using massive amounts of power, Aurum, and taint.
  • Orderly Lamp: Reduces instability in infusion altars by pumping all the flux to another location.
  • Ender Jar: Like an ender chest but with essentia.
  • Essentia Coil: Transmits essentia wirelessly.
  • Eldritch Consumer: Requires massive amounts of power to absorb surround blocks and turn them into essentia.
  • Item Coil: Transmits items wirelessly.
  • Advanced Deconstruction Table: easy research points.
  • Blood Fabricator: produces blood from energy.
  • Mana Fabricator: produces mana from energy.
  • Processors: By combining the different sources of magic your are able to multiply the metal you get from your ores. Be aware that although very efficient, this system is extremly costly in terms of energy.
Others:
  • Crystals and Catalyst: they are able to form more or less complex rituals; an in-game books goes more in-depht with the ritual system's mechanics.
Items:
Items:
  • Coil Coupler: Couples coils.
  • Pen: Scribing tools that last a lot longer.
  • Energized Wand: A wand with a small amount of vis storage that recharges itself through capacitors.

buuFYhS.png

That's here.

wojXFcu.png

That's here.

133In1L.png

Modpacks:I can't, nor will I try, to prevent you from using your mod in any modpack, however, I do no condone this behavior either. If you are going to use my mod in your modpack, at least recognize me as the mod author and provide a link of some sort to the original mod thread (on either the FTB forums).
Legal Whatnots: Technomancy by Democretes and theflogat is liscenced under the Apache 2.0 license.
Unofficial Builds: Anyone can create unofficial builds but bugs aren't supported and if anything happens it is 100% your fault.

Post crashes and bugs on the forum or the github (that's here) but make sure that you include a crash log and it's betwen spoiler tags(for convenience). Any kind of feedback or help is much appreciated /*as long as it's positive*/.

Last edited:

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I just have one tiny issue for the OP...
Where it is saying "If you want content you'll add"
Shouldn't that be "If you want content you'll want to add"?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
6OsTs3u.gif

You knew it was coming.

Sent from my angry toaster to distract him from destroying the planet. Some appliances just want to watch the world burn.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
I meant that it was not okay.
Yes, but you only commented on the reply; clearly, by not responding to my original idiocy brilliance, you were tacitly approving of it!

Nah, I'm just kidding. Of course it's a dumb joke -- you should definitely fix the OP to say "combining", though.

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but you only commented on the reply; clearly, by not responding to my original idiocy brilliance, you were tacitly approving of it!

Nah, I'm just kidding. Of course it's a dumb joke -- you should definitely fix the OP to say "combining", though.

It is cool man! I do love some ol' bad jokes from time to time :D

Sent from my Wireless Essentia Coil