[0.12.0] 1.7.10: Technomancy Discussion Thread

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
For TC 4.2, will we have a auto-arcane workbench? Consume a little more ordo and autocraft Arcane Worktable recipes using vis from the vis transfer system?
And can the node dynamo turn into a vis dynamo? Just because it makes more sense with the update?

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
For TC 4.2, will we have a auto-arcane workbench? Consume a little more ordo and autocraft Arcane Worktable recipes using vis from the vis transfer system?
And can the node dynamo turn into a vis dynamo? Just because it makes more sense with the update?

No, thaumcraft planned on having a way to auto feed the arcane workbench. With this, I'll be able to add an auto-arcane workbench.

It will probably when I have finished my big plans. Actually, I am 90% done with 0.8.0 and have big plans for 0.9.0. Maybe a vis dynamo will come for 0.10.0

Sent from my Wireless Essentia Coil

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
No, thaumcraft planned on having a way to auto feed the arcane workbench. With this, I'll be able to add an auto-arcane workbench.

It will probably when I have finished my big plans. Actually, I am 90% done with 0.8.0 and have big plans for 0.9.0. Maybe a vis dynamo will come for 0.10.0

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting a vis transfer system from this, just a automatic arcane workbench fed using the TC vis transfer system.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013

You're ticking up versions really fast but the changes aren't really that major. Not really an issue just something I've noticed.

Reactions: theflogat

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
You're ticking up versions really fast but the changes aren't really that major. Not really an issue just something I've noticed.

You are right but it is because I work a lot and fast and because of my versioning system. To be honest I also hate when bugfixes take 3 weeks just because of slow updates that is also one reason.

That is how my versioning system works:

a.b.c(rc d)
a: major step for the mod
b: small addition
c: bugfixes
d: present if alpha release or features untested

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
You are right but it is because I work a lot and fast and because of my versioning system. To be honest I also hate when bugfixes take 3 weeks just because of slow updates that is also one reason.

That is how my versioning system works:

a.b.c(rc d)
a: major step for the mod
b: small addition
c: bugfixes
d: present if alpha release or features untested

Would you mind using semantic versioning?

ruyan

Jul 29, 2019
Glad to see someone picked this up! Big shoes to fill indeed, but I'm looking forward to see what you make of it! :)

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
I love this.

I guarantee it will work, except when it doesn't \o\

Sent from my angry toaster to distract him from destroying the planet. Some appliances just want to watch the world burn.

Yep, pretty much. In fact I meant that it is playable but may still have a few bugs.

royalcw

Jul 29, 2019
Curious, How does this mod work for Minecraft 1.7.10 when there is no Thaumcraft out for 1.7.10. This mod looks promising but can't really use it without Thaumcraft.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Curious, How does this mod work for Minecraft 1.7.10 when there is no Thaumcraft out for 1.7.10. This mod looks promising but can't really use it without Thaumcraft.
Requires:
COFCore 2.0.0.5
But if you want content you'll add:
Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.7
Thaumcraft
Blood Magic
Botania beta
As a requirement it needs COFCore.
Content requires the described mods in addition to this.

This is all on the front page, man.

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
Requires:
COFCore 2.0.0.5
But if you want content you'll add:
Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.7
Thaumcraft
Blood Magic
Botania beta
As a requirement it needs COFCore.
Content requires the described mods in addition to this.

This is all on the front page, man.

Yep, you are right. In fact as CoFH is not (officially) out, the 1.7.10 still does run without it although this will change.

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
0.8.0 is now out for grabs.
Changelog:
Rewrite of the essentia coils
Rewrite of the processors - smelt all your purified ores to avoid any issue
Fix 6 crashes/issues

Reactions: trajing

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
0.8.0 is now out for grabs.
Changelog:
Rewrite of the essentia coils
Rewrite of the processors - smelt all your purified ores to avoid any issue
Fix 6 crashes/issues

Hope this one works. 0.6 didnt show anything in the thauminomicon.

theron61

Jul 29, 2019
I am having an issue on a Cauldron/MCPC server where Technomancy builds >= 0.7.1 do not register all of the items/blocks. It looks like it is not registering the Thaumcraft items/blocks, while it is registering the Blood Magic related ones. Is there anything I can provide to help troubleshoot this?

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
I am having an issue on a Cauldron/MCPC server where Technomancy builds >= 0.7.1 do not register all of the items/blocks. It looks like it is not registering the Thaumcraft items/blocks, while it is registering the Blood Magic related ones. Is there anything I can provide to help troubleshoot this?

MCPC+ is having the problem. I do not want to fix it because it does something it shouldn't. It is probably something I can fix though. I'll release a 0.8.1 version with an option to turn on debug mode. It'll probably help troubleshoot. The fact that it doesn't load thaumcraft items and blocks is because Technomancy wasn't able to grab the required libraries from thaumcraft. It has been done like this so it won't cause any problem with any of these blocks. Otherwise, one of the thaumcraft related blocks would have crashed.