[0.12.0] 1.7.10: Technomancy Discussion Thread

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
More things I noticed:
The hippie dynamo appears to generate an infinite amount of RF from a single piece of coal eaten by an endoflame. I stopped watching after it generated 15,000,000 RF.

The blood dynamo appears to connect to fluid conduits on all sides, but only accepts blood from the top (the same side it outputs power from).

Edit:
On a server restart the galvanized bellows draw RF at about 20,00 RF/t until the storage is dead, then start working normally.

The essentia dynamo behaves in weird ways that are tough to explain. If you place two next to each other, they have a tendency to "break" and stop drawing essentia. Once a dynamo has taken in an essentia, all other dynamos behave as if they are getting that essentia. for example, if I pump ignis into a dynamo, then place a new dynamo somewhere else, the new one reports that it contains 0 ignis in waila. If I then pump potentia into that new dynamo, it reports that it contains ignis, and the icon displayed by goggles of revealing is shown as ignis.

I like the idea of this mod a lot but it seems to have some issues. Let me know when the git is updated and I'll beat the hell out of it. I am a software tester by trade.

Last edited:

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
Are these numbers for the Sanguine Infuser right?

1 Iron Ore -> 1 1XPurified Iron Ore: 9000 LP
1 1XPurified Iron Ore -> 2XPurified Ore: 73,200 LP
LP.jpg

If so, it just feels like these numbers are really high. I have a tier 5 blood altar with a Well of suffering, many, many runes of sacrifice and speed, and 60 witches and it can not seem to keep up with a steady stream of raw and 1x purified ores.

Possible bug: When I placed Node Fabricators closer together than 5 blocks with some essentia tubes running to my creative jar and attempted to activate them, I got a class cast exception because it tried to cast the essentia tube to a fabricator, may want an "instanceof" before the cast.

The Dynamos can not be rotated.

Eldritch consumer appears to generate an infinite amount of essentia. For example it eats an iron block for 6 metallum, and will easily fill 256 essentia worth of jars. If the block eaten has multiple essentia, only one will be pumped out forever.

Botanical Purifier does not display it's mana content when holding a wand of the forest, and you can not click on the block with the wand to refresh it.

Momentary lighting flicker between items being processed when processing a stack is a little jarring and causes framerate spikes. This applies to all the purifying machines.

Is the github repository up to date? I tried downloading the 1.7.10 branch and building it, but was unable to get it to fully work. What I did get to work crashed the game. If not, I can try to help correct some of these issues if the code gets brought up to current state.

Sorry for the giant wall of text.

Thaumcraft: Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.1.4
Blood Magic: BloodMagic-1.7.10-1.2.1b-1
Botania: Botania r1.3-141
Technomancy: 1.7.10 Technomancy 0.9.0 beta-d

Morden

Edit:
After further testing the "fuel" costs of the purifiers definitely don't seem right:
Thaumacraft (Ignis):
Pass 1: 60
Pass 2: 239
Pass 3: 239
Pass 4: 179
Pass 5: 179
Pass 6: 358

Blood Magic (LP):
Pass 1: 9150
Pass 2: 73200
Pass 3: 64050
Pass 4: 54900
Pass 5: 45750
Pass 6: 109800

Botania:
No way to get definitive numbers.

Fixed for next version.

Edit2:
Ecological Transmuter streams this error in the console:
Code:
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: thaumcraft.common.lib.Utils
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:101)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at theflogat.technomancy.common.tiles.thaumcraft.machine.TileBiomeMorpher.alterBiome(TileBiomeMorpher.java:53)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at theflogat.technomancy.common.tiles.thaumcraft.machine.TileBiomeMorpher.func_145845_h(TileBiomeMorpher.java:36)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
This may be related to an error in Thaumcrafts API implementation: https://github.com/Azanor/thaumcraft/issues/1215

Fixed for next version ---> 1.7.10 Technomancy 0.9.0 beta-e is now available. Also, dynamos are rotatable! Also, also, git updated.

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update.

I have submitted a pull request with bugfixes for a few issues I found. It should fix the majority of issues I mentioned that were still a problem in the new version.

Reactions: theflogat

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
1.7.10 Technomancy 0.9.0 beta-f is now available.
Fixes for Eldritch Consumer
TileMachineBase now properly saves current energy stored. This may fix the galvanized bellows
Fixes hippie dynamo generating infinite power
Fixed Essentia Dynamo
Fixes Sanguine Infuser drawing LP on both client and server, causing it to draw twice the essentia.
Fxes Blood Fabricator checking tank to see if it can hold 200mb of fluid now.
Add missing SideOnly markers to CreativeTabTM.java.
Fixes Electric Wand absorbing power and not recharging.
Mana Fabricator will only connect to power from the "bottom" is now fixed. Changed Botanical Purifier HUD color to Cyan. The Light Gray was difficult to see.
Fixed recipe for Energized Wand Core.
Preview for the new crystal system in 0.9.0

Big thanks to @Mordenkainen for most of the fixes!

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I think that thaumcraft or another mod already registers a block/tileentity as "tileCrystal" which causes a conflict.

Best bet is to start adding a marker to the names of your registrations, like "tm_tileCrystal" which should help avoid conflicts. Note that doing this to existing blocks would probably cause issues for people who already have the mod.

So, figured I would share the somewhat insane thing I have been prototyping. I am building a private modpack that is mostly magic based, with all the tech mods recipes changed to be gated by progression in the magic based mods. For example ThermalExpansion machine frames require Thaumium... But, when you reach the "end game" I realized I didn't have a good source of large scale RF. This would cause my players some issues if they started doing any large scale storage/automation with AE2 since it is power hungry.

So I built this:
Generator.png
PowerMon.jpg

A TE igneous extruder makes cobble, which is melted into lava by a TE magma crucible. The lava is pumped into a MFR fountian, which places it into the world. The lava is gobbled up by Thermalilies, which convert it to mana, which is then distributed to an array of Hippie Dynamos making RF.

Build it, put in 4 buckets of lava by hand, and it is self powering from then on, generating enough power to make it's own fuel.

As you can see, it is running at a net gain of ~4,500 RF, and I think it can support more dynamos if needed.

A EnderIO power monitor shuts down the dynamos when power is not needed, and a comparator on the mana pool shuts down lava when mana is not needed, so there is no waste.

Note that this build really needs the fixed version of Technomancy as it uses the currently broken Hippie Dynamo.

Perhaps it's not the best power source possible, but I had fun building it!

Mods used:
Thermal Expansion (Igneous Extruder, Magma Crucible)
Minefactory Reloaded (Fountain)
EnderIO (Capacitor Bank, Power Monitor, Redstone & Energy Conduit)
Botania (Mana Pool, Mana Spreader, Floating ThermaLily)
ProjectRed (Comparator, not really needed, I just like their comparator better than the vanilla, but vanilla works)
Technomancy (Hippie Dynamo)

Last edited:

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
Uploaded a quick fix for the tile registration issue. Still the same link as before. @Mordenkainen If I do that to the other tiles it will delete all their nbt data.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
@Mordenkainen If I do that to the other tiles it will delete all their nbt data.
Yup, that is why I pointed it out that changing existing names could cause an issue..

Also, the issue is still there. Caused by this line (TMBlocks.java, line 83):
Code:
GameRegistry.registerTileEntity(TileCrystal.class, "TileCrystal");

Last edited:

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
What that crystal is? If its a new block or something, than renaming it won't cause any issue. It didn't happened before.
And you can still add one "bridge" version where the only and new version exist in the same time, and people can craft the old into the new one.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019

Thats a really nice build. If it gets fixed, i might try it.

If we're at it.I would change the values on the mana generator. A single steam dynamo whitout any upgrades filling a mana pool in couple minutes is too mutch. And its not even requies end game items. At least add a config option to change it. Its supposed to be hard to make magical energy from rf, unlike the other way around.

Its might be a bit too late now, but the node dynamo might be better, if its an altered version of the stabiliser. Research should be revealed after the transducer, since thats the research where you learn how to harness the vis inside the node with a machine, you don't know it before that.
Like:
"Now that you figured out how to use nodes power your magical machines, now its time to use them to power something else..."

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
So if we haven't heard from theflogat in the near future I will try to post an unofficial build with the bug fixes and without the crystals. Hopefully there is no problem with doing this. Don't expect any support from him if you have any issues though.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I didn't mean that in a "he's no longer supporting this" kinda way... I meant it in a "some random dude changed his code and posted it, so he can't support any issues with it" kinda way! If he needs some time to figure out what the issue is, or for more "real world" concerns... More power to him, it is just a game after all!

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't ment that way.

From the number of updates (mostly neccesarry bugfixes) i already taught that he has no time, and I'm not blaming him (thats really really far from me). As you said its just a game.
I already taught that he might not be able to "handle" this because of (more important) reasons.

Thats why i used " "s there, because it was the best word to kinda describe it, but its not really that.

I hope you can keep it going for now, and maybe help him in the future.

Now that its clear (i hope) Its could be possible to control ratoos through config? Some of them are so unballancing that i might just turn them off (mana generator being op from a non upgraded steam dynamo)

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, here is a link to my unofficial build: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53001205/technomancy/1.7.10 Technomancy 0.9.0 beta-f-unofficial.jar

@theflogat, if this is in any way an issue, just let me know and I will remove it. I know some devs really hate it when other people post unofficial builds.

@Frontrider, I have been considering submitting a patch that adds some configuration for the amount of energy produced per "unit" of magic "stuff", and the amount of energy required to make magic "stuff".

That said, the mana fabricator currently consumes 20,000 RF to produce 100 mana. It's fairly expensive already. (200,000,000 RF to fill an empty mana pool)

Also, just for myself, I'm more of a "closed system" type of guy... Assuming no losses, energy in = energy out... So if I fill a mana pool using a mana fabricator, then use hippie dynamos to convert that back to RF, I feel the RF i put in should equal what I get out...Ya know that whole "energy is never destroyed, it just changes form" thing....

Last edited:

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
In the last test i made with the official build , the generators resulted this way:
-to get potency, or lp (i installed blood magic once in 1.6, then removed it. not my style) the minimum what i neededto start to get some really small amounts was a big reactor.
-to fill a mana pool, i needed a steam dynamo, whitout any upgrades.
it was supposed to be easy to generate rf, and hard to generate magic.

After checking your build:
The values still need some adjusment, one full jar of ignis is not enough to process a single ore. And i still can't go further than double, what thaumcraft can do better.
The mana fab generates infinite amounts of mana from a basic capacitor bank. Its not using up its internal rf buffer.
I'm not complaining, but every time i tried the node generator made a hungry node. I'm not complaining for the risk of generating one in your own hunger for power. But it might be the best this way, maybe i would suggest to have cshance for a tainted node, so it has extreme risks. The hungry tag is really usefull.

Thats a way to do it too.