[0.12.0] 1.7.10: Technomancy Discussion Thread

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
2014-12-09_18.20.58.png 2014-12-09_17.53.06.png 2014-12-09_18.19.45.png

My attempts to make it work, whitout any success. Don't tell me to read the entry, because i can't whitout crashing the game.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
My attempts to make it work, whitout any success. Don't tell me to read the entry, because i can't whitout crashing the game.

A little tip, EIO's creative capacitor bank is way better for testing.

@theflogat The fabricator is doing what it was before, it "adds" aspects but it never advances past 0.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I will check that out.
It's just that it fills the node fabs RF requirement in seconds, bur the creative cells struggle and need to be spammed.
For testing purposes I just whacked a creative capacitor bank under each node fab set the output to the top.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Just something to note: At least for me waila can't read rf values from technomancy blocks. It did it back in 1.6.

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
The node generator is a closed issue. You have to put 2 of them facing each other 5 blocks apart, fill both of them with RF, fill one of them with auram and the other with vitium and right-click one of the two with a wand. It does work correctly. I just tested it 3 time in a row.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The node generator is a closed issue. You have to put 2 of them facing each other 5 blocks apart, fill both of them with RF, fill one of them with auram and the other with vitium and right-click one of the two with a wand. It does work correctly. I just tested it 3 time in a row.

So the thing only creating air nodes is intended and the type of vis is determined by biome? (they were all air becasue the flat test world was all plains)
If so it should be added to the Thaumonomicon entry. Mentioning what kind of biomes produce what kinds of vis node, failing that mention that biome affects the outcome.

Because if that was mentioned this wouldn't have been reported as an issue. Chances are the Node Fab was always functional and our perception of it being broken was based off of the vauge thaumonomicon entry.
In otherwords we didn't know what it did so we though it was broken. Because what I'm reading in the thaumonomicon is not matching what I see it doing.
The word "taint" in the thaumo entry really needs to be "vitium essentia" becasue when I was testing I was pondering how to get actual taint in to the fabricators so I was splashing taint goo and crust everywere assuming it would somehow absorb it all.
It would be like saying you have this block that's powered by water; One would try to put water in to the thing and wonder why it isn't working. But what the hypothetical block actually needed was water vis.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019

So one with auram, one with vitium. it does not accepts the auram. Its the one with the "hitbox" shown above, breaking and replacing does not helps.

Somewhat made it work, and got a hungry node.

Whichy

Jul 29, 2019
The Quantum jars can't be handled by the alchemical golems, just saying. Maybe a bug, maybe intended.

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
So the thing only creating air nodes is intended and the type of vis is determined by biome? (they were all air becasue the flat test world was all plains)
If so it should be added to the Thaumonomicon entry. Mentioning what kind of biomes produce what kinds of vis node, failing that mention that biome affects the outcome.

Because if that was mentioned this wouldn't have been reported as an issue. Chances are the Node Fab was always functional and our perception of it being broken was based off of the vauge thaumonomicon entry.
In otherwords we didn't know what it did so we though it was broken. Because what I'm reading in the thaumonomicon is not matching what I see it doing.
The word "taint" in the thaumo entry really needs to be "vitium essentia" becasue when I was testing I was pondering how to get actual taint in to the fabricators so I was splashing taint goo and crust everywere assuming it would somehow absorb it all.
It would be like saying you have this block that's powered by water; One would try to put water in to the thing and wonder why it isn't working. But what the hypothetical block actually needed was water vis.

The description has been updated next version.

Thanks for reporting, fixed for next version.

The Quantum jars can't be handled by the alchemical golems, just saying. Maybe a bug, maybe intended.

Well, another bug!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
ndXLbah.png

What are those faulty items supposed to be?
Version of Technomancy; 1.7.10 Technomancy 0.9.0 beta-c
Thaumcraf 4; Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.1.4
TC Addons; ThaumicExploration-1.7.10-1.1-29, ThaumicTinkerer-2.5-1.7.10-161, Forbidden Magic-1.7.10-0.55, Thaumcarpentry-0.0.1.5-1.7.10.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
ndXLbah.png

TC Addons; ThaumicExploration-1.7.10-1.1-29, ThaumicTinkerer-2.5-1.7.10-161, Forbidden Magic-1.7.10-0.55, Thaumcarpentry-0.0.1.5-1.7.10.
I've got this too. I think the Thaumonomnomnom is in semi-open rebellion.

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
ndXLbah.png

Thanks for reporting. Fixed for next build.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe for the energised wand reques an obsidian wand core, but the description says silverwood, also can not be charged with rf.

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Are these numbers for the Sanguine Infuser right?

1 Iron Ore -> 1 1XPurified Iron Ore: 9000 LP
1 1XPurified Iron Ore -> 2XPurified Ore: 73,200 LP
LP.jpg

If so, it just feels like these numbers are really high. I have a tier 5 blood altar with a Well of suffering, many, many runes of sacrifice and speed, and 60 witches and it can not seem to keep up with a steady stream of raw and 1x purified ores.

Possible bug: When I placed Node Fabricators closer together than 5 blocks with some essentia tubes running to my creative jar and attempted to activate them, I got a class cast exception because it tried to cast the essentia tube to a fabricator, may want an "instanceof" before the cast.

The Dynamos can not be rotated.

Eldritch consumer appears to generate an infinite amount of essentia. For example it eats an iron block for 6 metallum, and will easily fill 256 essentia worth of jars. If the block eaten has multiple essentia, only one will be pumped out forever.

Botanical Purifier does not display it's mana content when holding a wand of the forest, and you can not click on the block with the wand to refresh it.

Momentary lighting flicker between items being processed when processing a stack is a little jarring and causes framerate spikes. This applies to all the purifying machines.

Is the github repository up to date? I tried downloading the 1.7.10 branch and building it, but was unable to get it to fully work. What I did get to work crashed the game. If not, I can try to help correct some of these issues if the code gets brought up to current state.

Sorry for the giant wall of text.

Thaumcraft: Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.1.4
Blood Magic: BloodMagic-1.7.10-1.2.1b-1
Botania: Botania r1.3-141
Technomancy: 1.7.10 Technomancy 0.9.0 beta-d

Morden

Edit:
After further testing the "fuel" costs of the purifiers definitely don't seem right:
Thaumacraft (Ignis):
Pass 1: 60
Pass 2: 239
Pass 3: 239
Pass 4: 179
Pass 5: 179
Pass 6: 358

Blood Magic (LP):
Pass 1: 9150
Pass 2: 73200
Pass 3: 64050
Pass 4: 54900
Pass 5: 45750
Pass 6: 109800

Botania:
No way to get definitive numbers.

Edit2:
Ecological Transmuter streams this error in the console:
Code:
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: thaumcraft.common.lib.Utils
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:101)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at theflogat.technomancy.common.tiles.thaumcraft.machine.TileBiomeMorpher.alterBiome(TileBiomeMorpher.java:53)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at theflogat.technomancy.common.tiles.thaumcraft.machine.TileBiomeMorpher.func_145845_h(TileBiomeMorpher.java:36)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1939)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
[20:30:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
This may be related to an error in Thaumcrafts API implementation: https://github.com/Azanor/thaumcraft/issues/1215

Last edited: