Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
did anyone suggest "more pistons" yet ? its a really simple mod that can bring much to the game
think about the crazy stuff ppl build in the past with pistons , now they can go bigger
Not a bad idea actually. I'll look into it and see if it wants to play nice with everyone else.

EDIT: It does.

Nero

Jul 29, 2019
I'd absolutely love to see the Divine RPG mod included in Feed The Beast, it definitely fits the magical feel that FTB strives to achieve, though whether it'll play nice with the other mods remains to be seen.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I'd absolutely love to see the Divine RPG mod included in Feed The Beast, it definitely fits the magical feel that FTB strives to achieve, though whether it'll play nice with the other mods remains to be seen.
Now you see, this touches upon what I mentioned before.
FTB is not a rpg modpack by any means, it's industrial. The magic feel is there but it's not supposed to be for the sake of roleplay and more to rape natural resourses. Like Twilight Forest and their ore hills and Ages with their Dense Ores.

It's very cold, but I'm afraid FTB's a cold place.
Perhaps it's an idea for Magic World?

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
FTB is not a rpg modpack by any means, it's industrial. The magic feel is there but it's not supposed to be for the sake of roleplay and more to rape natural resourses. Like Twilight Forest and their ore hills and Ages with their Dense Ores.

i would disagree with you there wabbit, be cause as the cannon for ftb
explicitly says quote "ftb is a mod pack that includes the best tech AND MAGIC MODS"
NOT "the best tech mods with some magic stuff to help them out".
first example, thaumcraft
i don't see how this is a particularly "earth raping" mod,
though, if you do to much magic then some other things
will do the earth raping for you(wisps).
second example (even though you used this in your argument)
twilight forest,
yes, the hills are good places to set up mining operations,
but they probably weren't included "just to help the tech mods rap the earth better".
also, hollow hills are not the only things in the TF by far.
and if you think so you wont get a very full featured experience
of the TF.
third example!
ars magica(i know is not on the list yet but omgaP said that they were looking at it and
that we pretty much didnt need to keep pestering them about it.)
this is not at all a tech helping mod IMO,
its very self contained, and is fully a magic mod.

so, either both you and the FTB team have very skewed ideas of what magic/tech mod
means,(which they dont.)
OR, the pack is actually a tech AND magic pack, which it is.

in conclusion, i think divine rpg is a great idea.

ima stop typing now, my fingers are starting to get sore.

reznod

Jul 29, 2019
I think Smart Moving is an amazing mod. I would fully support it except that it is not fully compatible with forge. you can get forge and SM to load together but it will break some of your mods (I know it breaks computercraft). if it was fully compatible I would support it all the way
I love Smart Moving as well, have it loaded it with FTB pack and I haven't found any issues with it (turned off the speed increase/decrease abilities, only OP part of the mod IMO).

Just curious as to how it breaks Computer Craft or any other mods?

KaoS

Jul 29, 2019
I love Smart Moving as well, have it loaded it with FTB pack and I haven't found any issues with it (turned off the speed increase/decrease abilities, only OP part of the mod IMO).

Just curious as to how it breaks Computer Craft or any other mods?

It uses some of the display classes in the jar file that are needed to render the computers. I haven't tried it with FTB but I know in MultiMC if you load forge, then SM and have CC included in the pack you cannot open a computer interface anymore... so disappointing as I really loved the mod

benben500

Jul 29, 2019

I don't think that Divine RPG is such a good idea for the mod pack. I've tried it out before, and I didn't think it was really fun or interesting. Yes, it adds new mobs, ores, tools, blocks, and dimensions, but they don't seem so large/in-depth. Each dimension is practically the same except for the color of the blocks, and it takes up over 100 block ID's (from the last time I used it). I'm not saying that it's bad, but it doesn't really seem so stimulating and fun compared to the Twilight Forest.

Now with that aside, I'd like to suggest the Wildcaves 3 mod by Alexmania. It makes exploring caves much more interesting, and doesn't use up a lot of block ID's. It also adds some nice decorative blocks, especially if you are building some kind of ancient-looking temple or something like that.

reznod

Jul 29, 2019
It uses some of the display classes in the jar file that are needed to render the computers. I haven't tried it with FTB but I know in MultiMC if you load forge, then SM and have CC included in the pack you cannot open a computer interface anymore... so disappointing as I really loved the mod
Maybe you were using an older version? I was able to use turtles just fine, haven't tried using the computers, but I'd imagine that there wouldn't be any problems with those either.

vKILLZ0NEv

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't power converters be easier?

Also Nether Ores would be nice.

I've never used power converters myself, but as I understand it there are unnecessary power losses when converting between the two types of power. Also I believer there are compatibility issues but I don't know the specifics.

Also I thought of another mod I would like to see added. The Advanced Alloys mod ads a few extra tools to the IC2 repertoire. Not a very big deal, but I like it :p

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=8031

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
I've never used power converters myself, but as I understand it there are unnecessary power losses when converting between the two types of power. Also I believer there are compatibility issues but I don't know the specifics.

Also I thought of another mod I would like to see added. The Advanced Alloys mod ads a few extra tools to the IC2 repertoire. Not a very big deal, but I like it :p

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=8031
Power converters are overpowered. A cheap energy link can turn EU into MJ without any engines, fuel, skill or any BC knowledge at all so you can run a max size quarry at top speed with minimal EU loss. With teleport pipes, you can also teleport the converted MJ then use engine generators to turn it back into EU (something like 30% EU loss. But at end game, that's rather superfluous).

Also, the Advanced Alloys don't add anything new to the game. Just a new chainsaw, drill (Which wouldn't be useful anyway, as Osmium is the heaviest natural element in the world. The motor would fry trying to move that much osmium.) and Laser (as if the mining laser wasn't bad enough). Gregtech adds a new drill and chainsaw as it is, along with 50x more content.

Nero

Jul 29, 2019

Maybe, but I stand by the fact that it'd be a great addition to FTB in general as it's certainly got enough new places to explore, new ores to pillage from the earth, new creatures to fight and it just generally adds more interesting stuff to the game.

That's really everything a mod should be as it simply makes the game more interesting and that's what I play Feed The Beast for. I can understand if it doesn't fit your idea of what FTB's about but it does do the magic aspect of the FTB pack exceedingly well, it adds challenge, content and exploration to the game and that's about 50 - 60 % of what FTB is, at least to me and my friends.

Reactions: electroscape

Scapegoat4

Jul 29, 2019
Wabbit, I agree with you that Divine RPG and RPG elements in general would not be included in FTB at all (doesn't make any sense, thaumcraft is enough lol)
However.... there can always be a pack devoted to RPG style elements in general.... completely separate from the FTB pack in the launcher. It is possible!
How is that for a good solution?

EDIT: also wabbit you say more pistons works with the other mods.... but the picture only shows them activated, not pushing things around. Can it push, say, blocks from other mods around? I don't think any of us would want weird glitches involving them (the pistons) to happen T.T Sorry to be "that guy" but I had to bring it up

TecmagDiams

Jul 29, 2019
I registered just to post this: http://computercraft.info/wiki/OpenCCSensors

I want it so badly, it's so awesome, lets me use computercraft with any of the other mods, interfaces with so many things.

The only downside to it is very little documentation. (that i have found!)

Already been suggested by someone. :3

Haven't tested them to see if they play nice with the other mods, but I would love to see these added in. I love ComputerCraft.

Scanner Peripheral v0.4
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/5684-cc-147-mc-145-scanner-peripheral-v04/
Immibis's Peripherals
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/3728-mc-146-cc-14x-immibiss-peripherals/

Reactions: SuperFlorian12
Status
Not open for further replies.