Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
oh gotcha.[DOUBLEPOST=1357000390][/DOUBLEPOST]i would love to see a better farming mod.
farmcraftory perhaps?

Scapegoat4

Jul 29, 2019
anything that is a food is what I'm referring to, and thank you for the specifics electroscape nd silva (reference to shaman king? ;D).
Hopefully pam's mods will not conflict with the auto harvesters, since they are certainly a bigger (and more important) part of FTB

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
i would love for millenaire to be added if it was with your addon,
but could you give a link to you documentation or your minecraft forum post or something?
my currently incomplete Millenaire addon pack
I stopped working on it and focused more on an Inuit culture to submit to be put into the actual mod... but since I now have a reason to, I might just find myself finishing the tech addon first.

KaoS

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't found any recent posts about ccsensors. It was a cool little add-on for computer craft. It allowed you to get information about the sensors surroundings. So you could remotely observe a engine/reactor temperature, engine fuel, if any monsters were around, items inside chests etc. It basically gave you all the information you could get by being there without having to be there. I like this idea because I want to make a control room where I can observe my factories, refineries, and quarrys remotely and interact with them with a computer if I need to. I can't seem to get any of the older versions of ccsensors I find to work with FTB.

There has now been an update. the original ccSensors was abandoned but openCCsensors (OCS) was then created and I must say it works great. It is released for MC 1.4.6 and has sensors for the world, mobs, dropped items, liquid tanks, buildcraft & industrialcraft items as well as including a turtle addon this time. they should really consider including it. here is a link to the topic on the ComputerCraft forums and here is one to the minecraft forum post

Scapegoat4

Jul 29, 2019
Just a thing to electrscape:
harvestcraft IS a better farming mod! And on top of that, you can use your foods to cook (in a minecraft sense). and make spaghetti, pizza, and many other savory foods! It also includes food on trees and growing in the wild, as well as a seed for each plant (and a sapling for each food tree). It certainly trumps moreplants and farmcraftory, and looks nicer to boot!

WeaponMaster

Jul 29, 2019
there is no thread searching tool so i don't know if this is already posted.(if there is, please excuse my mistake)
my suggestion is the Laser mod, which is already included in the OP. the reason i am posting it again, is because the Laser mod in the op is stated to not be updated to 1.4
this is a link to the reborn laser mod, which was coded by 'WebMilio' who i presume has taken over the coding of the mod. it is soon to be in open beta, so i wanted to give you the link just so as to keep you updated =)

i like the idea of the laser mod and i Love this mod pack, so cheers to your efforts!

Links-
original laser mod
updated laser mod

Misery

Jul 29, 2019
The Invasion Mod
I'm sure I don't have to explain why this appeals to certain players. This probably doesn't have as wide an appeal as most other mods in the pack, but there are very little things in the modpacks that address this sort of gameplay right now. I'm sure it could be arranged for its items (which are needed to cause it to actually do anything normally) could be disabled by default which would allow it to be in the pack(s) ready for use for players and servers who might be inclined to use it without causing it to be a griefing concern on other servers.
It isn't updated to 1.4.6 yet, but it is actively developed.

This. Well, not specific mod, but this does address a certain thing with this modpack. This is a pretty neat modpack..... but the adventure/survival/combat aspect of it is very lacking. An already way too easy game (on hard mode!) gets even more absurdly easy with all of these mods. I have difficulty focusing on games that arent providing me with a challenge (and no, complex crafting recipes arent "challenging" to me, they're just time consuming), and that's my main issue with this modpack right now. The only place that's even somewhat interesting in that way is the Twilight Forest, and even there you have to go LOOKING for trouble, in hollow hills or mazes or something, because most of the surface is just passive mobs. And the Nether is even easier than the Overworld right now (except for the forts, and even then, the challenge utterly vanishes if you use something like an anti-fire potion). Heck, more dangerous hostile mobs would give reason to create things like crazy automated defense machines; right now, with only the usual weak hostiles, there's just no reason to do that, as none of them are enough of a threat.

So anything that ups the survival difficulty would be superb, for those such as myself that like this sort of thing. I had been using the Mo' Creatures mod along with this, with the beta pack, but now with the Mindcrack one, it absolutely refuses to work, for utterly baffling reasons. Which is too bad, because that mod worked wonderfully along with the beta pack stuffs.

Dont get me wrong: Still a darn good mod pack. But the adventuring part of it is a little boring right now if you're not in the "dungeony" areas of the Forest.

Also, any mods that add more content to the Nether. Specifically, more block types to hunt down. There's SO much STUFF in every other part of the game.... except there.

itsZN

Jul 29, 2019
My mod: Compact Mobs
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...obs-into-items-and-ship-them-around-in-pipes/
It is a buildcraft add-on that lets you compact mobs into items using a few different machines that run off of buildcraft power. Then compacted mobs can then be sent through pipes and bred or killed for possible double drops in other machines. It makes mob farms and animal breeding able to be automated using buildcraft pipes. It also has handheld versions of the compactor and decompactor.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that I think should DEFINITELY not be added is ICBM, don't get me wrong guys, it's a great mod, and it's creator is very talented. But that mod doesn't exactly play very nicely with multiplayer. It would completely ruin any chance of living peacefully. If this were SSP only, I would be all for it, but in multiplayer ICBM is an incredible liability.

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
you say that and yet you have no complaint about the nukes in IC2?[DOUBLEPOST=1357082103][/DOUBLEPOST]be cause they are just as destructive.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
you say that and yet you have no complaint about the nukes in IC2?[DOUBLEPOST=1357082103][/DOUBLEPOST]be cause they are just as destructive.

Nukes in IC2 are hard to get because it takes a while to get the uranium and it is a secret recipe. (Yes I know they can google it) ICBM is designed so that people can start making bombs right away. You just have to go underground and find some sulfur. Not too hard after that.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
It's also worth pointing out that IC2 is mostly an industry mod and the nuke is a single item within the mod. Which has a config option to turn off, IIRC.

ICBM looks like it's dedicated to griefing weaponry to me. That certainly does have a place on particular servers, but I think the majority of servers would be happier without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.