Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scapegoat4

Jul 29, 2019
Taking a page out of electroscape's book, here is my list:

Pam's harvestcraft by Maxtresvigil: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/402069-146forgesmppams-mods-dec-29th-simple-recipes-update/
Jammy's furnature by Jammy780: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1098808-v40-146-forge-smp-jammy-furniture-mod/
More enchantments by Glider521:http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1357421-more-enchantments-mod/
TF2 teleporter by Pitman: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/334760-146smpssplan-team-fortress-2-teleporter-sentry-dispenser/
More weapons by Balkon: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/211517-146forge-balkons-weaponmod-v110/
Better Weather by Corosus: (this one is a doozy for most computers: it may be too much)
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/81715-146-coros-mods-weather-123-zombie-awareness-18-released/

All of these are 1.4.6! But not all of them are forge compatible :/

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
yes! these look great! taking a look at better weather now.[DOUBLEPOST=1357102663][/DOUBLEPOST]as far as better weather, its a great mod but super duper laggy and there for might not be the best.
to every thing else, two thumbs up!

Scapegoat4

Jul 29, 2019
yeah weather is generally laggy due to the things it has to do...
meaning the ridiculous rendering and block movement it preforms during the major storms and tsunamis. I think optifine may help with this, or a config file for the weather mod (if there are any at all). Hopefully it's edit-able in some sense.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you can be right with both...
Who says so?
you first said that they have to cater to everyone and then you said that they don't have to..?
I said generally speaking -- they, as in, better companies/development teams/project managers have to design their product/project/whatever to cater to everyone

I then went on to say FTB doesn't do that, but still has the better sense not to add unnecessary mods
But that ignores my current point that I brought up because I didn't realize there was any rhyme or reason to these modpacks since I didn't know that Twilight Forest was a magic themed mod... my current point is that I have a Millenaire addon, this addon would turn Millenaire into a tech mod by using all the tech parts of the tech mods in FTB.
Could Millenaire be considered when coupled with the addon?
Probably not, you see villages already exist and have been toyed with to play with the mods that are in the mod pack. Why over complicate things?
Similarly, the Yogbox was more fantasy themed and Millenaire wasn't fantasy, so they added the Imaginations addon for Millenaire that made it fantasy themed.
No-one pays attention to the Yogbox anymore. It's dead. And even if it were alive I have major doubts that millenaire would continue to be part of the modpack given it's dismissal from the Technic Pack and the reasons behind it. Especially when you consider that it's as much a fantasy modpack as it is a roleplay modpack in the sense that people who play on the Yogbox do so to create their character, create relationships with villagers and such, complete quests, etc.

I'd like to point out that millenaire handles handled that job quite well, but there now exist better mods to satisfy this purpose. Tale of Kingdoms for example.

FTB for all intensive purposes is not a roleplaying modpack. It's a cold, sort of functional industrial meets magic mod. Think of it as the Technic Pack with even less eco-friendly connotations and more raping the Twilight Forest for everything it's worth. If you really must have Millenaire in the pack, I more than urge you to add it to the pack yourself with the launcher, however speaking as a server admin, I don't want it lagging up my servers.

I am now through talking about this.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
The miner's backpack is awesome, but that can only store cobble or ores, we need real backpacks!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1492661-146-backpacks-v-156/
RP2 Canvas Bags already provide most of the functionality there, aren't reliant on cows (which can be ruined by unlucky spawns), and only lose out in storage space. The Enderstorage mod already has ender bags that actually work with the modified Ender Chests from said mod. That Ender Backpack would not work with the modified Ender Chests and has less functionality in general due to being designed to work off the vanilla Ender Chest.

Looks almost completely redundant to me. Redpower 2 and Enderstorage aren't going anywhere, so adding a mod just to add yet another kind of bag sounds like little more than NEI clutter. The Equivalent Exchange Alchemy Bags are going to make a return as well, so the packs that include it really won't be hurting for bags.

Reactions: arthahar

Scapegoat4

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: SuperFlorian12

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
In order:

Flat Bedrock Layer - This is what I like to call a Preference mod, meaning the use of it is varied on the user's preference and isn't ideal within a modpack as it forces the choice upon them unless there's a toggle switch. I admit, I haven't looked into this mod -- Can you change whether flat bedrock is generated through the world generation menu?
Smart Moving - Too awkward to implement/Slightly OP. Also doesn't fit the Modpack.
UseCount 2 - I actually have no problem with this mod, although it would be much better in the form of an NEI addon like the EU/EMC/etc addon and not an imposing number slapped onto the item. Not exactly aesthetically pleasing or clean.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Some mods I forgot to mention:
Better Anvils by VdVman: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1576006-146better-anvils-removes-the-level-limit/
LittleBlocks by VengeurK: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...locks-mod-2010-copying-wand-and-more-530kdls/

Anvils is questionable, but nothing allows LittleBlocks not to be here.... It's simply amazing!!! Although the crafting recipe is way too easy...
EDIT: yes this is part of my official list :D

Last I checked, LittleBlocks doesn't play nice with tile entities. This removes a whole lot of functionality with the base mods, which makes me sad. If the creator can get that stuff sorted out, I'll throw my support in for this mod. I actually like the anvil fix, the XP limit was really annoying and limiting in Vanilla.

Also Nether Ores would be nice.

This. Nether Ores is a fantastic mod, it really expands possibilities in the Nether.

Scapegoat4

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, really @Entropy? Well, I guess I should really get acquainted with these mods again heheh....
Would be beautiful if he could fix it though, I agree.... And as for anvil, I have the same thoughts as you on the matter.

@Wabbit yes nether ores certainly would be nice.... the nether is virtually useless as of now, unless more dungeons is added in the near future.
As for usecount, I think F3 + A is a better alternative (If I remember correctly, that is the imput to see durability as of 1.4.6, don't quote me on it though -.-)

EDIT: Too bad battle gear was discontinued (just noticed lol, been out of the loop as of late :/), was actually going to suggest it.

KaoS

Jul 29, 2019
In order:

Flat Bedrock Layer - This is what I like to call a Preference mod, meaning the use of it is varied on the user's preference and isn't ideal within a modpack as it forces the choice upon them unless there's a toggle switch. I admit, I haven't looked into this mod -- Can you change whether flat bedrock is generated through the world generation menu?
Smart Moving - Too awkward to implement/Slightly OP. Also doesn't fit the Modpack.
UseCount 2 - I actually have no problem with this mod, although it would be much better in the form of an NEI addon like the EU/EMC/etc addon and not an imposing number slapped onto the item. Not exactly aesthetically pleasing or clean.

I think Smart Moving is an amazing mod. I would fully support it except that it is not fully compatible with forge. you can get forge and SM to load together but it will break some of your mods (I know it breaks computercraft). if it was fully compatible I would support it all the way

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
@Wabbit yes nether ores certainly would be nice.... the nether is virtually useless as of now,
I agree but at the same time I don't. There's still a fair use for the nether's lava. But after that it's fairly useless.

Supremeone

Jul 29, 2019
did anyone suggest "more pistons" yet ? its a really simple mod that can bring much to the game
think about the crazy stuff ppl build in the past with pistons , now they can go bigger

Reactions: SuperFlorian12
Status
Not open for further replies.