Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

vKILLZ0NEv

Jul 29, 2019
It has been stated very often (even in this thread) that the conversion of 2:5 is not very good (i.e. you basicly get EASY access to massiv amounts of MJ without any knowledge of BC and its enignes). That is why the Transformers mod will not be included. (I know we could tweak it with the configs but honestly i do not want to. There are plenty of other options available right now: Forestry, GregTech, PetrolGen for example)

The 1:1 ratio isn't perfect either. But the machines take time to create the lava and process them. So that makes it a bit more balanced in the long run in my opinion

"Easy"? How does it make it easy? Just because you have the conversion in one block? The process of creating lava and using for EU generation can be set up rather easily. And if it is that there is only the one block, the pack already has an Electrical Engine in the game. Transformers just ads more and higher tiers. And since you bring it up, yes you can change the conversion rate in the config (even though 2:5 is perfectly reasonable) just like you can with GregTech, which most people do. And if the FTB team doesn't like the conversion rate they can change it in the config in the release, just like they do with GregTech. So I don't see why this mod shouldn't be added.

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
"Easy"? How does it make it easy? Just because you have the conversion in one block? The process of creating lava and using for EU generation can be set up rather easily. And if it is that there is only the one block, the pack already has an Electrical Engine in the game. Transformers just ads more and higher tiers. And since you bring it up, yes you can change the conversion rate in the config (even though 2:5 is perfectly reasonable) just like you can with GregTech, which most people do. And if the FTB team doesn't like the conversion rate they can change it in the config in the release, just like they do with GregTech. So I don't see why this mod shouldn't be added.
You're the minority here. I don't see why the FTB team should add and alter a single unbalanced mod that's listed as "will never be included" in the opening post just for you.
If you want it, you're welcome to add it to your client. There's no reason why the rest of the world has to suffer for your single preference.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
He said "easy", because you can basically have very efficient production of MJ from EU, with a very high convertion rate.

Knowing that the EU production and storage is hardly a problem once you started it, it makes free MJ at a very high rate.

The thing is, MJ production should remain balanced with what is there, because if transforming a 32EU solar panel into MJ produces more than a combustion engine with fuel (need constant cooling and fuel supply), there is a grave problem.

MJ is based on "produce when you need it", where EU is based on "produce less than needed, but store when not using"; that is what he meant by "knowledge of BC power".
I do get that having an easy way to convert is nice for some people, but making things too easy will only make people get bored faster.

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
Minechem is listed on a document they've been using to keep people up to date with the 1.4.6 mod pack releases and updates. Basically it's already planned to be included in the Tech World and/or Ultimate packs.
lol, this is what i meant to say.
fail on my part.[DOUBLEPOST=1357496612][/DOUBLEPOST]dont know where chemcraft came from.

vKILLZ0NEv

Jul 29, 2019
You're the minority here. I don't see why the FTB team should add and alter a single unbalanced mod that's listed as "will never be included" in the opening post just for you.
If you want it, you're welcome to add it to your client. There's no reason why the rest of the world has to suffer for your single preference.

First off, I'm not talking about the PowerConverters mod, I'm talking about Transformers. They're two separate mods. Also, you mention how the FTB team shouldn't change configs for a mod that some people hate. Could the same not be said about GregTech? Lot's of people hate the "hard mode" settings of GregTech so the FTB team is nice enough to change those for certain modpacks (and probably others) then why not this one? GregTech settings are a "preference" for many different people who like different settings. The FTB team could see how useful GregTech was and tried to make everyone happy. My point is that this could be VERY useful because many beginners get so confused with the different types of power and the different ways of generating that power. This would it make it much simpler and user friendly. And it's obviously not a "single preference" because more than one person has suggested this mod be added.

He said "easy", because you can basically have very efficient production of MJ from EU, with a very high convertion rate.

Knowing that the EU production and storage is hardly a problem once you started it, it makes free MJ at a very high rate.

The thing is, MJ production should remain balanced with what is there, because if transforming a 32EU solar panel into MJ produces more than a combustion engine with fuel (need constant cooling and fuel supply), there is a grave problem.

MJ is based on "produce when you need it", where EU is based on "produce less than needed, but store when not using"; that is what he meant by "knowledge of BC power".
I do get that having an easy way to convert is nice for some people, but making things too easy will only make people get bored faster.

So the issue is that you can have an unlimited supply of MJ if you use solar panels? Sure that is true but there are other "easy" ways of getting unlimited amounts of MJ. Just use Charcoal. Also, even IF you had an unlimited supply of MJ, like you said MJ is a "use as needed" kind of energy. There are very limited options to storing it when it is not needed so producing anything beyond what you need is pointless. And with the current mods you can set up similar functionality. And as far as the conversion rate, it is what it should be. One piece of coal in a stirling engine create 1600 MJ and one coal in a generator creates 4000 EU. And using this mod you can turn one bucket of lava using a combustion engine into 20000 EU, which is exactly what you get from a geothermal generator. And you turn one bucket of lava in a geothermal generator into a little LESS MJ than what you could get from a combustion engine. The conversion rate is exactly as it should be. Its not like it breaks the game. Not even close. This mod just makes the different kinds of power more easily accessible to beginners. I'm not trying to step on anybody's toes here. I just really like this mod and can't see why people think it breaks the game.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
<snip>
So the issue is that you can have an unlimited supply of MJ if you use solar panels? Sure that is true but there are other "easy" ways of getting unlimited amounts of MJ. Just use Charcoal. Also, even IF you had an unlimited supply of MJ, like you said MJ is a "use as needed" kind of energy. There are very limited options to storing it when it is not needed so producing anything beyond what you need is pointless. And with the current mods you can set up similar functionality. And as far as the conversion rate, it is what it should be. One piece of coal in a stirling engine create 1600 MJ and one coal in a generator creates 4000 EU. And using this mod you can turn one bucket of lava using a combustion engine into 20000 EU, which is exactly what you get from a geothermal generator. And you turn one bucket of lava in a geothermal generator into a little LESS MJ than what you could get from a combustion engine. The conversion rate is exactly as it should be. Its not like it breaks the game. Not even close. This mod just makes the different kinds of power more easily accessible to beginners. I'm not trying to step on anybody's toes here. I just really like this mod and can't see why people think it breaks the game.
Oh, it feels pointless, as both sides have arguments that are "right" for them, and nobody wants to acknowledge the other side.

What I meant by infinite is that it doesn't even need any kind of automation to work.

If you feel like the perfect ratio is that of a perfect ratio, I can not agree with you, as nothing works that way, not even in our world.
One of the reasons EE was unbalancing many other mods was because of the perfect ratio (and creation out of nowhere) too, and it is being rewritten from the ground because of it.

Just so I give a fair example, let's use real world too.
Electricity (made by various ways) can be transformed into light, and light can be transformed into electricity.
But even the transformation that looses the less of both (electricity to light) is not perfect.
You could find many examples of power transformations that loose a big amount in the transformation process.

Anyway, we are all going out of the topic with our arguments, and we won't agree in the end, so feel free to create a topic to debate the pros and cons, and let us leave this topic for the suggestions.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to make a suggestion for Magic World. As it stands Magic World world could be made a little more robust...because it really pales in comparison to the DW20 pack or Mindcrack. The addition of the already mentioned Ars Magica mod would go very far to remedy the problem. Also, I would like to suggest the new Thaumic Bees (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1627856-thaumicbees-crossover-mod-for-forestry-thaumcraft/) , Xeno's Reliquary(http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1596973-147-xenos-reliquary-v104/) and EE3 (I know its prerelease, but a mobile crafting table is nice.) But please, even if these do not get included, look into making Magic World more robust. I love the concept of a Magic Mod pack, but it needs to be fleshed out.

p.s. Keep up the good work! Really appreciate the FTB Team!

vKILLZ0NEv

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, it feels pointless, as both sides have arguments that are "right" for them, and nobody wants to acknowledge the other side.

What I meant by infinite is that it doesn't even need any kind of automation to work.

If you feel like the perfect ratio is that of a perfect ratio, I can not agree with you, as nothing works that way, not even in our world.
One of the reasons EE was unbalancing many other mods was because of the perfect ratio (and creation out of nowhere) too, and it is being rewritten from the ground because of it.

Electricity (made by various ways) can be transformed into light, and light can be transformed into electricity.
But even the transformation that looses the less of both (electricity to light) is not perfect.
You could find many examples of power transformations that loose a big amount in the transformation process.

Anyway, we are all going out of the topic with our arguments, and we won't agree in the end, so feel free to create a topic to debate the pros and cons, and let us leave this topic for the suggestions.

Okay. Fair enough. Sorry if I seem argumentative. I just really would like to see this mod added. Plus I really like hearing peoples thoughts and opinions and expressing my own. I didn't mean to sound angry or anything.

Nerdy3.14159265

Jul 29, 2019

That really doesn't say anything against this mod being added. If it's unfair to get a perfect conversion they could simply change the ratios slightly. The mod gives a way to alter the conversion ratios and it could easily be nerfed down so that the conversions are lossy. The main problem I find with everyone else's suggestions is they ask me to manufacture lava to generate EU and that doesn't make any real sense. It makes what should be relatively easy harder. On the other hand we do have the electrical engine and I'm not saying I don't love having at least that but that it's way too limiting. I mean we can tweak some of it's values yes but it feels bulky to do. Adding a circuit instead of using an engine that basically fits right in with the current engines. The regular electric in Transformers mod is basically a combustion engine level so it fits much nicer instead of having to tweak outputs on the one in Forestry so that it matches what the machine you are powering needs.

I think that it should be looked into not simply discarded. If they talk to the mod developer about adding it, he might even consider making it easier to make the transformations lossy. This isn't an idea that should be thrown out just because there is some bulky ways to do basically what this mod does. This mod adds more designs and fun things you can do. I was trying it out awhile back and it was really fun making basically a huge combustion generator with combustion engines all feeding into a HV generator to get power. It adds more ways for Buildcraft to be useful and makes the mods feel like they fit better together, which is what this modpack is striving to do, make a pack of mods that compliment each other.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I just would like to see it given a better chance than, "I don't feel like editing the configs"

Bhaz

Jul 29, 2019
Is the unofficial version of logistics pipes not being added because of permissions, or just because it isn't Krapht's? IMO, this newer version has developed itself into a mod worthy, if not better than the original.

DaveSW

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently the guys doing the Aether mod would be more than happy to have it added to FTB, they said that whether it gets added or not is entirely up to the FTB team.
Yeah, when the Aether gets released, it would be awesome if it was added to the Ultimate pack. Otherwise, I am going to have a hell of a time adding to my server on my own.

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently the guys doing the Aether mod would be more than happy to have it added to FTB, they said that whether it gets added or not is entirely up to the FTB team.
Yeah, when the Aether gets released, it would be awesome if it was added to the Ultimate pack. Otherwise, I am going to have a hell of a time adding to my server on my own.
lol.
that would Fing amazing![DOUBLEPOST=1357577639][/DOUBLEPOST]
ahoopsed!
i forgot cogs of the machine.
sooooo...

xogs of the machine http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...of-the-machine-v012b-now-with-lethal-weapons/
mutant creatures http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1336132-146-spmp-mutant-creatures-mutant-snow-golems-v121/
thaumic bees http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1627856-thaumicbees-crossover-mod-for-forestry-thaumcraft/
xenos reliquary http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1596973-147-xenos-reliquary-v104/
ultimant nether http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1457638-145forgethe-ultimate-nether-mod/
flans mod http ://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/182918-146flans-mod-planes-vehicles-guns-multiplayer-tdm-conquest/
the eternal frost http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...her-a-new-dimension-new-mobs-and-mores-v14b3/

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
and i forgot runic dust.

runic dust http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/950541-145-the-runic-dust-mod-dec17/
cogs of the machine http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...of-the-machine-v012b-now-with-lethal-weapons/
mutant creatures http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1336132-146-spmp-mutant-creatures-mutant-snow-golems-v121/
thaumic bees http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1627856-thaumicbees-crossover-mod-for-forestry-thaumcraft/
xenos reliquary http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1596973-147-xenos-reliquary-v104/
ultimant nether http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1457638-145forgethe-ultimate-nether-mod/
flans mod http ://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/182918-146flans-mod-planes-vehicles-guns-multiplayer-tdm-conquest/
the eternal frost http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...her-a-new-dimension-new-mobs-and-mores-v14b3/

Status
Not open for further replies.