Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
I wish some mods or members of the FTB-team would give a sign that they are actually reading this topic... :)

I am constantly reading this topic ;) We even added some of the sugguested mods to our master branch to test things. (FYI: The master branch is what we use to build our mod packs from, it will NEVER be released!)

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
I am constantly reading this topic ;) We even added some of the sugguested mods to our master branch to test things. (FYI: The master branch is what we use to build our mod packs from, it will NEVER be released!)

Free love (and cookies) to the Mod Pack Team if you add OpenCCSensors to your test server :) (and invite me on, so I can show you how awesome it is ;))

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
I wish some mods or members of the FTB-team would give a sign that they are actually reading this topic... :)
i agree.[DOUBLEPOST=1357325858][/DOUBLEPOST]@ lathanael
yes, but you never give a sign that you like/dislike something.
for all we know no one except you on the pack even reads this thread.

Scapegoat4

Jul 29, 2019
@ Lathanael wait so what mods are you looking at in particular? I'm curious...
Are there any mods that you'resure that you are going to add? (If you don't answer, I understand lol)

Nerdy3.14159265

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Power Management

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7900

It's extremely convenient when you need to charge a lot of items at once or for storing multiple items that you want to have charged and able to use. I like to treat charging benches as a chest for IC2 tools.
I was going to recommend Charging Benches but I believe that mod went inactive and isn't being updated anymore. This mod may actually be more balanced and convenient since it requires you to use a batbox/mfe/mfsu to craft and then it stores energy as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transformers

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5789

I typically like to focus a lot on IC2 more than the other mods. But this mod actually makes me want to branch out a little more. With this Buildcraft gains a lot of interest to me. It's really fun being able to make basically large electric generators using combustion engines feeding into a MFSU so that it's easier to store for later and then transfer that into an electric engine.

This mod I think would make a great addition to the pack. I've been making due with forestry's electric engine but it feels slow and very lacking in options. I mean you can alter it's output with circuit boards but there really isn't a lot of variance, plus I don't believe there are really any ways to convert MJ into EU effectively yet. Also this mod shouldn't be unbalanced since all the conversion rates can be adjusted in the config.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, I'm just curious why Charging Pads weren't added to the pack. After looking at the page it looks like it'd be a nice addition to FTB. (Sorry for posting this right after another person brought it up, just saw that it wasn't going to be added to the pack after checking for anything relating to charging)

Supremeone

Jul 29, 2019
oh @minecraftTim and @Supermeone! that's a good suggestion! I think it may lead to people actually using pistons in FTB, other than in crafting recipes! Although to me it screams "unbalanced".... heh.....
Link:
More Pistons by MontyPylon: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/997095-146-more-pistons/

i dont find unbalanced or atleast dont see a way that it could break stuff it just moves one block one or in this case 4 blocks and returns it if you make it sticky , if it would be to expensive or complicated
no one will use it becous rp frames and motors can much the same and extras , this one is just for fun projects like hidden doors and stuff

as example i used befour for a simple drawbridge looking thing had a big wall and were the gate were 6 tripple pistons would push the floor 3x 3 open to a pit so no mobs could wander in
was very simple but very cool to see it work[DOUBLEPOST=1357382111][/DOUBLEPOST]btw some one would have suggested it before probably, but teleport pipes any news on it if its going to be in ?
it makes builds much compacter , and if your playing with a bunch of ppl enderchest tracking just is hard

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Transformers

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5789

I typically like to focus a lot on IC2 more than the other mods. But this mod actually makes me want to branch out a little more. With this Buildcraft gains a lot of interest to me. It's really fun being able to make basically large electric generators using combustion engines feeding into a MFSU so that it's easier to store for later and then transfer that into an electric engine.

This mod I think would make a great addition to the pack. I've been making due with forestry's electric engine but it feels slow and very lacking in options. I mean you can alter it's output with circuit boards but there really isn't a lot of variance, plus I don't believe there are really any ways to convert MJ into EU effectively yet. Also this mod shouldn't be unbalanced since all the conversion rates can be adjusted in the config.
MJ -> Magma Crucible -> Geothermal Generator or GregTech Thermal Generator
It's a pretty direct conversion when you fuel the Magma Crucible with a Cobblestone generating Igneous Extruder.

Also you'll probably want to look into the Petrol Generator which I believe is included in the Mindcrack Pack... not to mention GregTech gives options for both. (EU to MJ: Produce Methane and pipe it into a Liquid Fueled Boiler.)

vKILLZ0NEv

Jul 29, 2019
Power converters are overpowered. A cheap energy link can turn EU into MJ without any engines, fuel, skill or any BC knowledge at all so you can run a max size quarry at top speed with minimal EU loss. With teleport pipes, you can also teleport the converted MJ then use engine generators to turn it back into EU (something like 30% EU loss. But at end game, that's rather superfluous).

Also, the Advanced Alloys don't add anything new to the game. Just a new chainsaw, drill (Which wouldn't be useful anyway, as Osmium is the heaviest natural element in the world. The motor would fry trying to move that much osmium.) and Laser (as if the mining laser wasn't bad enough). Gregtech adds a new drill and chainsaw as it is, along with 50x more content.

Advanced Alloys adds a lot to the game. Most importantly it ads new, higher tier tools.

MJ -> Magma Crucible -> Geothermal Generator or GregTech Thermal Generator
It's a pretty direct conversion when you fuel the Magma Crucible with a Cobblestone generating Igneous Extruder.

Also you'll probably want to look into the Petrol Generator which I believe is included in the Mindcrack Pack... not to mention GregTech gives options for both. (EU to MJ: Produce Methane and pipe it into a Liquid Fueled Boiler.)
If you ask me it is much easier to just add the Transformers mod so you have one block that can convert energy, instead of having to go to a painful process (i.e creating methane to use in a boiler) also the MJ-> Magma Crucible -> Geothermal Generator or GregTech Thermal Generator only gives you 1:1 conversion (because it takes 20000MJ to create lava and lava produces 20000EU). And when you take into account that one piece of coal in a stirling engine only produces 1600 MJ as opposed to the 4000 EU, 1:1 conversion is a bad thing. With the Transformers mod you get the proper 1600:4000 conversion (or 2:5).

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but then again, convertion rate should never be perfect, that is why the cables and pipes also do have energy losses.

But adding a mod just for converting powers, now that there are already ways to do so (you seems to be forgetting about forestry electrical engine and oil generator too), if you combine that to the statement that said that they try not to add a mod that does nothing but something already done by an other mod, and you get the idea why it is not added, even if it has been submitted many times i the past monthes.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
... And when you take into account that one piece of coal in a stirling engine only produces 1600 MJ as opposed to the 4000 EU, 1:1 conversion is a bad thing. With the Transformers mod you get the proper 1600:4000 conversion (or 2:5).

It has been stated very often (even in this thread) that the conversion of 2:5 is not very good (i.e. you basicly get EASY access to massiv amounts of MJ without any knowledge of BC and its enignes). That is why the Transformers mod will not be included. (I know we could tweak it with the configs but honestly i do not want to. There are plenty of other options available right now: Forestry, GregTech, PetrolGen for example)

The 1:1 ratio isn't perfect either. But the machines take time to create the lava and process them. So that makes it a bit more balanced in the long run in my opinion

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced alloys and Transformers if you don't have gregtech installed (like myself) Are really useful. I understand why they aren't in FTB since it has gregtech. Here is the list of mods I personally use (I actually don't use the FTB modpack anymore) I think some of these would be really nice to have in the pack

Not enough items
CodeChickenCore
Ender storage
Wireless Redstone chicken bones edition
Buildcraft
Industrialcraft 2
Redpower
Thaumcraft
Equivalent Exchange
Xycraft
Forestry
Computercraft
Steves Carts
Railcraft
Mystcraft
Factorization
Thermal Expansion
Balkons weaponmod
Iron pressure plate mod
Secret rooms
portal gun
gravity gun
Immibis core
Tubestuff
Immibis Peripherals
Diamond Buckets +
Iron chest
Transformers
Modular forcefield system
Gravity Suite
Advanced Machines
Advanced Solar Panels
Advanced Power Management
Nuclear Control
Additional Pipes
Logistics Pipes
Extra bees
Thaumic Bees
Miscellaneous Peripherals
Extra Biomes
Omnitools
Teleport Pipes
CC Sensors
Advanced Alloys
Cogs of the Machine
Minefactory Reloaded

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Umm Chemcraft? Where did you find this info as I looked on a good portion of the forum and the main site and didn't see that mod listed. I suggest MineChem because it needs Buildcraft and always seemed like an awesome mod.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Minechem is listed on a document they've been using to keep people up to date with the 1.4.6 mod pack releases and updates. Basically it's already planned to be included in the Tech World and/or Ultimate packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.