Request Suggest mods for creation here

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I have never seen anyone take on making a nanotech mod let alone one that's an add-on for Thermal Expansion. I guess it has something to do with a concept like this could potentially be OP if authors are not careful. I am very intrigued by the idea myself. If it turns out to be possible, I would love to see some demonstrations and spotlights on your work sometime soon. I also would eventually like to see cross-compatibility with other mods compatible with TE like Big Reactors and Gendustry.

All in all, it'd probably end up being someone else's work. I'm currently working on my own game, so I haven't much time for mod development. I am writing up technical documentation, and outlining how it'd work mechanically; if nothing else, to take some of the load off whoever decides to take this idea up and run with it. Yes, it'd be potentially overpowered, but again, this is more or less exclusively late-game content, and there's always config options with which you can tinker. It'd be kind of like if one were to mix the best parts of Translocators, Thaumcraft, end-game Mekanism, with a dash of Modular Power Suits for flavour and plenty to make it good in its own right. Without a doubt, the tools and things it'd provide would be very powerful, but it wouldn't be true late-game content if it weren't powerful. It requires a tonne more power to do what it does, but what it does is that much more awesome because of it.

For example, the mod's most basic machine (which makes the aforementioned nanites), the Nanite Forge, requires 800 RF per tick to operate at peak efficiency. The basic nanite cluster will cost, amongst other things, 80,000 RF. My vision of the recipe to make the Nanite Forge would require 4 machine frames, 3 pneumatic servos, 1 bucket of gelid cryotheum, and 1 block of enderium. The nanite cluster that can serve as pickaxe, shovel, and axe (the Deconstruction Cluster) costs a total of 6 iron ingots, 13 redstone dust, 2 gold ingots, 3 gold nuggets, 3 nether quartz, 1 pyrotheum dust, 1 diamond, and 384,000 RF. It holds 12,000 RF and consumes 100 RF per use. Though, again, this is just a rough example, and may change if this mod is released, depending on the designer's personal idea of what would make such a tool balanced.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
All in all, it'd probably end up being someone else's work. I'm currently working on my own game, so I haven't much time for mod development. I am writing up technical documentation, and outlining how it'd work mechanically; if nothing else, to take some of the load off whoever decides to take this idea up and run with it. Yes, it'd be potentially overpowered, but again, this is more or less exclusively late-game content, and there's always config options with which you can tinker. It'd be kind of like if one were to mix the best parts of Translocators, Thaumcraft, end-game Mekanism, with a dash of Modular Power Suits for flavour and plenty to make it good in its own right. Without a doubt, the tools and things it'd provide would be very powerful, but it wouldn't be true late-game content if it weren't powerful. It requires a tonne more power to do what it does, but what it does is that much more awesome because of it.

For example, the mod's most basic machine (which makes the aforementioned nanites), the Nanite Forge, requires 800 RF per tick to operate at peak efficiency. The basic nanite cluster will cost, amongst other things, 80,000 RF. My vision of the recipe to make the Nanite Forge would require 4 machine frames, 3 pneumatic servos, 1 bucket of gelid cryotheum, and 1 block of enderium. The nanite cluster that can serve as pickaxe, shovel, and axe (the Deconstruction Cluster) costs a total of 6 iron ingots, 13 redstone dust, 2 gold ingots, 3 gold nuggets, 3 nether quartz, 1 pyrotheum dust, 1 diamond, and 384,000 RF. It holds 12,000 RF and consumes 100 RF per use. Though, again, this is just a rough example, and may change if this mod is released, depending on the designer's personal idea of what would make such a tool balanced.

Well, it was just a guess. I honestly am confident someone will be able to make a well-made mod like this that won't become OP for modded Minecraft and can't wait to see it in playable form.

By the way, the Nanite Forge sounds very promising. How do you imagine crafting Nanites will work? You mention that it will require certain amounts of certain items. Will it just be a lot like the Railcraft Rolling Machine and how crafting in that works or something completely different?

Finally, if you're talking about militarized nanites, I've got two words for you to consider: Nano. Rifle. :D

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it was just a guess. I honestly am confident someone will be able to make a well-made mod like this that won't become OP for modded Minecraft and can't wait to see it in playable form.

By the way, the Nanite Forge sounds very promising. How do you imagine crafting Nanites will work? You mention that it will require certain amounts of certain items. Will it just be a lot like the Railcraft Rolling Machine and how crafting in that works or something completely different?

Finally, if you're talking about militarized nanites, I've got two words for you to consider: Nano. Rifle. :D

Haha, it'd probably be called the "Nanite Cannon," to keep anyone from thinking we're completely ripping off Red Faction. As for the Nanite Forge, I'd like it to work like so:

1. Select what kind of nanite cluster you wish to make. Note that this choice will persist and not be reset once crafting is complete, this is to help facilitate easier automation.
  2. The GUI will tell you what's needed to complete the selected nanite cluster. Its a simple, colour-coded text listing; items that have yet to be provided will be listed in red, items that have been provided will be listed in green. There will be a blue slot in the top-center of the GUI where items will be placed for crafting, and one to the right (which will be yellow) of it which is where the machine will send any invalid items. Valid items put into the blue slot will be consumed automatically and any excess will be sent to the yellow slot. The input/output sides will be configurable, to ease automation.
  3. Once all required items have been provided, the process will begin, consuming up to 800 RF/t until it is complete. Once complete, the resulting nanite cluster will be sent to the orange slot, located in the center-right of the GUI.

Sounds very good. But please, let there be a chance for the higher tier nanites to go rogue :D

I dunno, that might require a bit much in terms of code. Ultimately, though, it'd be up to the developer(s) and what they feel comfortable doing. I would prefer something like that to be configurable, though, because if it were an "always on" thing, it'd annoy many people, I'm sure. The last thing anyone wants is for their hyper-advanced, nanite-based, incredibly speedy tree farm to go rogue and start lighting things on fire.

Reactions: Padfoote

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Hovercar. Wheel cars would not work well with cubic terrain, but hovercars could.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Hovercar. Wheel cars would not work well with cubic terrain, but hovercars could.
Yeah, I've seen Flan's vehicles on the previous season of Modded Mindcrack, and they floated horribly as it was without being hovercars. Might as well go the full distance if it's gonna be like that anyway.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So this has been on my mind for awhile.

We have breedable bees and fish. We have crazy mad scientists genetics. We can teach dogs new tricks. We have all sorts of farm mods based around crops. What we don't have is a Farm Animal mod that is in line with the basic ideas of farming (we do have those crazy mad scientists though).

So in the vain of games like Harvest Moon I would love to see a mod with some basic animal breeding. Not overly crazy like bees or mad science.

The idea here is to make animal breeding a way to get more out of your animals without having to make huge lagy animal pits or resort to spawning/killing cycle machines.

If you mod and just need ideas see the spoiler below.

So the basic idea would be Animals would have a Quality stat that would function as Looting for its drops. Low, Normal, Good, and Prized being drop rates of 0.5, 1, 2, 3 sound reasonable. Two animals of same or high quality have a chance of off spring being the next tier of the lower of the two paired.

So a two normal Cows have a chance of having a Normal or Good offspring. While a Low and Normal have only a chance Low or Normal. If you killed your Prized cow it would drop 3 times the leather and Beef.

That would be the most simplest version of the mod.

Now for more fancy stuff. AKA things I would love to see in this vain.

Different types of Cows, Pigs, chicken, and Sheep that drop new items. Like maybe a Kube Cow that drops "fine" beef (slightly better hunger/sat), Milk cows that allow for more or better milk types, Or Sheep that are super ninjas have better wool regrowth rates or make special wools (mmm golden fleece)

More advanced breeding. With regional animal types (aka boime based mobs) similar to bees.

New farm animal types like Lamma, Goats, or Emus ect.

Farm tools already covered for the most part in other mods but there would be a nitch for stuff to help the animal side of things. Maybe stuff like a milking station or feed pen. (yes MFR has options of this sort of thing already but it is always nice to have a stand alone mod)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So this has been on my mind for awhile.

We have breedable bees and fish. We have crazy mad scientists genetics. We can teach dogs new tricks. We have all sorts of farm mods based around crops. What we don't have is a Farm Animal mod that is in line with the basic ideas of farming (we do have those crazy mad scientists though).

So in the vain of games like Harvest Moon I would love to see a mod with some basic animal breeding. Not overly crazy like bees or mad science.

The idea here is to make animal breeding a way to get more out of your animals without having to make huge lagy animal pits or resort to spawning/killing cycle machines.

If you mod and just need ideas see the spoiler below.

So the basic idea would be Animals would have a Quality stat that would function as Looting for its drops. Low, Normal, Good, and Prized being drop rates of 0.5, 1, 2, 3 sound reasonable. Two animals of same or high quality have a chance of off spring being the next tier of the lower of the two paired.

So a two normal Cows have a chance of having a Normal or Good offspring. While a Low and Normal have only a chance Low or Normal. If you killed your Prized cow it would drop 3 times the leather and Beef.

That would be the most simplest version of the mod.

Now for more fancy stuff. AKA things I would love to see in this vain.

Different types of Cows, Pigs, chicken, and Sheep that drop new items. Like maybe a Kube Cow that drops "fine" beef (slightly better hunger/sat), Milk cows that allow for more or better milk types, Or Sheep that are super ninjas have better wool regrowth rates or make special wools (mmm golden fleece)

More advanced breeding. With regional animal types (aka boime based mobs) similar to bees.

New farm animal types like Lamma, Goats, or Emus ect.

Farm tools already covered for the most part in other mods but there would be a nitch for stuff to help the animal side of things. Maybe stuff like a milking station or feed pen. (yes MFR has options of this sort of thing already but it is always nice to have a stand alone mod)

is this what you may be looking for? http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1510109-164forgebetter-breeding-mod/

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
This mod is a little "cheesy" and "unprofessional" and doesn't contain any real thought and is mainly just for fun and a joke, I assume this is not what you are looking for in a progressive breeding mod.

Yeah Ive been reading it and yeah I would agree seems a bit um odd.

I personally would like something more like Harvest Moon meets Minecraft and has hot make outs with Forestry Bees.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Oh more on the animal farm mod thing.

It would also be nice if they had some sort of health and mood system so feeding thing would do more then just make them breed. Also this would make them more of something to manage then something you put in a dark pit of automation and never let see the light of day again.

Reactions: Otho

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
This mod is a little "cheesy" and "unprofessional" and doesn't contain any real thought and is mainly just for fun and a joke, I assume this is not what you are looking for in a progressive breeding mod.
Yeah Ive been reading it and yeah I would agree seems a bit um odd.

I personally would like something more like Harvest Moon meets Minecraft and has hot make outs with Forestry Bees.

I remember that I once saw something related to animal breeding, so I searched for that mod
but I agree that it's a bit... well, not what you're looking for

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Oh more on the animal farm mod thing.

It would also be nice if they had some sort of health and mood system so feeding thing would do more then just make them breed. Also this would make them more of something to manage then something you put in a dark pit of automation and never let see the light of day again.

Hey, the cows deserve it! At least, they do since Mojang made them sound like people with head colds trying to imitate cow sounds.

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to see a mod that creates a story for the Player. Like, with Mod support. A Different story for both Vanilla and Mods, possibly with the option to select between the two. Let's be honest here, Minecraft on it's own is basically just a sandbox, no rules to follow, no right from wrong, everything's your decision. But to me, I hate games like that really, given that Monster is an exception for me for unexplainable reasons, I just really enjoy it. But as said prior in an earlier post, I really like games to have a purpose. Don't get me wrong, I know well and truly there is an ending to Minecraft, but after that, the story continues as if you've not even slain the queen of the Endermen (Ender Dragon.) I'd like to see a mod that creates a story for the Player. Sort of like role play if you will, but nothing randomly generated, a story for all and equal to everyone. What this story would be would be totally up to the Mod developer who may or may not take this into consideration but I just really want something that brings a real true purpose to Vanilla and Modded.

Also, I'm aware of the Quest book in Agrarian skies. That's not what I'm getting at here if that was your first assumption.

(Edit: Should mention I haven't done any research on this, so if there's something similar to this, please let me know.)

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a mod that gives more uses to cats. They could attack mice (silverfish), or carry blocks on their backs that can be interacted with while they are on there. So like a Cat Crafting Table, or Cat Furnace and stuff.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to see a mod that creates a story for the Player. Like, with Mod support. A Different story for both Vanilla and Mods, possibly with the option to select between the two. Let's be honest here, Minecraft on it's own is basically just a sandbox, no rules to follow, no right from wrong, everything's your decision. But to me, I hate games like that really, given that Monster is an exception for me for unexplainable reasons, I just really enjoy it. But as said prior in an earlier post, I really like games to have a purpose. Don't get me wrong, I know well and truly there is an ending to Minecraft, but after that, the story continues as if you've not even slain the queen of the Endermen (Ender Dragon.) I'd like to see a mod that creates a story for the Player. Sort of like role play if you will, but nothing randomly generated, a story for all and equal to everyone. What this story would be would be totally up to the Mod developer who may or may not take this into consideration but I just really want something that brings a real true purpose to Vanilla and Modded.

Also, I'm aware of the Quest book in Agrarian skies. That's not what I'm getting at here if that was your first assumption.

(Edit: Should mention I haven't done any research on this, so if there's something similar to this, please let me know.)

That would be a feat if someone could make a mod based on that. I think the best we can see is a Skyrim-esque story-based modpack that can't be modified and will have a story based around gearing up to defeat Herobrine just like the Agrarian Skies modpack.

Reactions: Skvapter