Request Suggest mods for creation here

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I'd like a mod that increases the max build height to around y 500 (& does nothing else -- I want to build up here, not have terrain gen up here -- & does not require me to hack the MC jar file to get it working -- plug & play, people). You start to see the stars, sun, & moon below your feet around y 320.
10390097_10202996444905421_37343603345465395_n.jpg

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to have a block/structure working like a minimap, only wall-mounted? Something along the lines of the Industrial Information Panel; a large screen showing a map of the immediate surrounding area. Useful for knowing when mobs/players approach your base, showing visitors around, or just act like a cool decoration. Perhaps it could even emit a sound signal (or just a Redstone pulse) if players (other than the one who placed it) approach the block.

Yes, I know an ordinary Map and Item Frames can do almost the same, but that's 1x1, has no mob radar (not sure if it has even got a player radar), and require a lot of work to draw and align properly. Plus, it looks somewhat out of place in a high-tech base.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like a mod that increases the max build height to around y 500 (& does nothing else -- I want to build up here, not have terrain gen up here -- & does not require me to hack the MC jar file to get it working -- plug & play, people). You start to see the stars, sun, & moon below your feet around y 320.
10390097_10202996444905421_37343603345465395_n.jpg

Tall Worlds mod, already out

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
"Almost ready to release a beta" does not equal already out. Still, looks like it should be out by the time the 1.7 packs really start coming out. Thanks for the pointer!:)

Oh sorry, I've only seen the thread title, never actually looked into it... or clicked on it.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a mod that creates randomized mobs. Set a difficulty and then it starts randomly generating anywhere from 5 to 10 mobs for each body type per world with 1/4 being passive and the rest agressive (configurable). Body Types are:

Human: Zombie, Skeleton Pigman etc
Arachnid: Spider, Cave Spider ect
Tall: Enderman etc
Insect: Silverfish, Endermite ect
Meat: Cow, Sheep, Pig etc
Poultry: Chicken etc
Pet: Cat, Dog etc
Misc 1: Random non-vanilla body type
Misc 2: Random non-vanilla body type

Types just represent the model though, and parts of said models may be resized such as with the spiders or with the meat (I know they have different models in-game but I'm sure there could be some way to sort of unify them. Skins and attributes are picked semi-randomly, with their neutrality and stats playing a part in it.

Options for these animals that may be enabled are:

• Can Break Door
  • Can Open Door
  • Can Wear Armor
  • Can Hold Items
  • Can Pick Up
  • Can Explode
  • Can Mine
  • Can Place
  • et cetera
I know this may be a large job but I'm sure it would add to the unfamiliarity and surprise to new worlds, along with making mobs more or less difficult without needing to use a bunch of configs or coding new mobs.

Reactions: Zeeth_Kyrah

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: CarbonBasedGhost

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
I personally would love a mod that showed me where cables should connect on a machine. and where I missing cables in a supply/power chain.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I personally would love a mod that showed me where cables should connect on a machine. and where I missing cables in a supply/power chain.
It would be interesting to be able to have some sort of scanner that lets you see your energy systems at a glance. Sort of a transparent overlay on the world of "energy producer, cable/conduit, energy consumer" with symbols that mean "Power OK" and "Power Empty!" as well as an indicator of about how much power is flowing through something.

I'm pretty sure it's doable (I mean, Pneumaticraft's helmet HUD is awesome), but for what power system(s)? RF, most certainly... anything else?

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like a mod that shows cables through the terrain, basically you craft something (fairly cheap) and when you click on any kind of AE cable, TE duct/energy conduit, EnderIO conduit, ExtraUtils pipes, Buildcraft or any of the Red Alloy Wire(s) the line of pipes/cable/wire becomes visible through the terrain for a short period, like a ghost image of the cable or a simple red line indicating where the cable is...it could be a pair of goggle you wear or something

I'm not sure how useful this would be for people (or if its possible) but often times I have to chop up half my base trying to find cables I laid ages ago or sometimes I'm digging around laying cables and come across another cable and I have no idea where it goes so I have to dig a 2x2 tunnel all over trying to find out what this cable is doing...

Reactions: arkwolf1995

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I would like a mod that allows you to tamper with the very fabric of the universe. It'd be so awesome to rip holes in reality or create a space rift and stuffs like that

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I would like a mod that allows you to tamper with the very fabric of the universe. It'd be so awesome to rip holes in reality or create a space rift and stuffs like that
There are several mods like that, including a Stargate mod and Dimensional Doors. Could you give a better description of what you're wanting, like how it would work in play?

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
It would be interesting to be able to have some sort of scanner that lets you see your energy systems at a glance. Sort of a transparent overlay on the world of "energy producer, cable/conduit, energy consumer" with symbols that mean "Power OK" and "Power Empty!" as well as an indicator of about how much power is flowing through something.

I'm pretty sure it's doable (I mean, Pneumaticraft's helmet HUD is awesome), but for what power system(s)? RF, most certainly... anything else?

Just RF for power (for me personally) and both tubes and pipes. Something that read a machine and just colour coded it. Yellow power, brown for inventory (thinking chest colour) and blue for liquid.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like a mod that shows cables through the terrain, basically you craft something (fairly cheap) and when you click on any kind of AE cable, TE duct/energy conduit, EnderIO conduit, ExtraUtils pipes, Buildcraft or any of the Red Alloy Wire(s) the line of pipes/cable/wire becomes visible through the terrain for a short period, like a ghost image of the cable or a simple red line indicating where the cable is...it could be a pair of goggle you wear or something

I'm not sure how useful this would be for people (or if its possible) but often times I have to chop up half my base trying to find cables I laid ages ago or sometimes I'm digging around laying cables and come across another cable and I have no idea where it goes so I have to dig a 2x2 tunnel all over trying to find out what this cable is doing...
The glasses from Extra Utilities that you craft with Unstable ingots can show all ores in a vein. They might be able to do that with other things aswell, meaning maybe even cables.
If not, @RWtema, that's one feature I want!

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
The glasses from Extra Utilities that you craft with Unstable ingots can show all ores in a vein. They might be able to do that with other things aswell, meaning maybe even cables.
If not, @RWtema, that's one feature I want!
@CyanideX the goggles from EDX can target mobs. Maybe this would be a nice feature?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019

There is a reason that every redstone device I ever make is walkable.

Our base layout has a two block tall "subfloor" between each floor, dedicated for running redstone and being able to walk around and examine things.

I don't claim to be tiny in my redstone; I claim to design based on the idea that I will need to change it in the future.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love a modpack (yes modpack not mod) of just things that everyone would love to have, and dont change the actual game. For example, the modpack would have NEI, Voxel Minimap, McEdit, Optifine, Worldedit, McPatcher, Wailia , forge, Damage indicators, Chat logger ( http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1608408-179-chatlog-version-20-now-available-for-forge ), shaders ( as a option, some comps cant handle it ) and etc.
Sounds like your talking about the voxelbox modpack.