Request Suggest mods for creation here

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
It changes a couple of interfaces, but it's not a total conversion. It's still Minecraft, just with building tools.
Oh I thought that changes the actual game?
It really doesn't change anything in survival and the building tools are just creative building tools (there not real tools just commands EX. /set square 45 56 minecraft:stone)

Reactions: LordSlyFox

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
It changes a couple of interfaces, but it's not a total conversion. It's still Minecraft, just with building tools.
It really doesn't change anything in survival and the building tools are just creative building tools (there not real tools just commands EX. /set square 45 56 minecraft:stone)

After checking it out I saw it and love it, but it could use some more things like customized logs and and wailia.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
After checking it out I saw it and love it, but it could use some more things like customized logs and and wailia.
The VoxelBox is a server themed around massive, high-quality builds using vanilla Minecraft blocks and structures. They rarely use texture packs (if ever), so customized or mod-only stuff is not really part of their FTB modpack. That said, if you want to add those things, what's stopping you?

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
You could easily add those!
The VoxelBox is a server themed around massive, high-quality builds using vanilla Minecraft blocks and structures. They rarely use texture packs (if ever), so customized or mod-only stuff is not really part of their FTB modpack. That said, if you want to add those things, what's stopping you?
They practically always use texture packs. We already went over the fact that there is not normal modded MC stuff hence
I'd love a modpack (yes modpack not mod) of just things that everyone would love to have, and dont change the actual game. For example, the modpack would have NEI, Voxel Minimap, McEdit, Optifine, Worldedit, McPatcher, Wailia , forge, Damage indicators, Chat logger ( http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1608408-179-chatlog-version-20-now-available-for-forge ), shaders ( as a option, some comps cant handle it ) and etc.

Reactions: Padfoote

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Well maybe I will haha ;D Though at this I don't even do much vanilla anymore I mostly do agrarian skies.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
@joshie could you add ways to make thaumcraft arcane work table recipes into the mine tweaker addon you made?

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
It would be cool to see a mod that introduces mechanical power generation into Minecraft again. Anyone remember the Better Than Wolves mod? It was a mod made by FlowerChild that introduced mechanical power generation into Minecraft using wooden gearboxes, axels, gears, windmills, and more, plus a whole load of other things on top of that. Sadly, it was also a mod that was infamous for being "incompatible with everything" since it had no official Forge compatibility whatsoever. I have not seen another mod anywhere that reintroduces concepts like that ever since. Especially after seeing new mods like Hydralicraft and Pneumaticraft, it would be so great to see a new mod that reintroduces mechanical power generation like that once more.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
It would be cool to see a mod that introduces mechanical power generation into Minecraft again. Anyone remember the Better Than Wolves mod? It was a mod made by FlowerChild that introduced mechanical power generation into Minecraft using wooden gearboxes, axels, gears, windmills, and more, plus a whole load of other things on top of that. Sadly, it was also a mod that was infamous for being "incompatible with everything" since it had no official Forge compatibility whatsoever. I have not seen another mod anywhere that reintroduces concepts like that ever since. Especially after seeing new mods like Hydralicraft and Pneumaticraft, it would be so great to see a new mod that reintroduces mechanical power generation like that once more.
BTW still exists.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Rotary Craft by Reika.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
BTW is still around, still mostly incompatible as far as I know.
RotaryCraft does it.
Ultratech's steampunk tier (Tier 1, mechanical power) will be that.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ya and Mdiyo is releasing something like that for Tinker's Construct (Or another one of his mods). He said it is kinda themed off of BTW power generation and adds windmills and uses for the mechanical energy you generate.

machine.gif

Plan for some mechanical mod IN GIF FORM!!!!

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Oh ya and Mdiyo is releasing something like that for Tinker's Construct (Or another one of his mods). He said it is kinda themed off of BTW power generation and adds windmills and uses for the mechanical energy you generate.

machine.gif

Plan for some mechanical mod IN GIF FORM!!!!

I remember him mentioning that in one of his videos.[/quote]

Edit: Fixed.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on a proposal for a mid-to-late-game Thermal Expansion add-on I'm calling "Nanotech." As the name implies, its all about using nanites for everything from farming to advanced automation to armour, tools, and even weaponizing (and later militarizing) them. You can even use certain nanite clusters themselves (as opposed to purpose-made items) as high-quality, energy-using tools. Imagine being able to use little, nanoscopic machines to do things like generate power more efficiently (and get more of it), and even literally deconstructing your enemies. If at all possible, I'd like for there to even be nanite-based body augmentations like an Active Threat Response (ATR) module that acts like the Thorns enchantment, or even turning your body into a living RF battery.

[ETA]
I've got a lot more body modifications listed than I thought I'd make up...a module that dispenses stimulants (not an actual item...maybe) into your virtual bloodstream making you run and mine faster, one that makes your skin harder (+4 armour points), one that heals you 2 points every 5 seconds, infuses your melee attacks with the fury of nanotechnology (+6 melee damage), gives your attacks a kinetic boost (as Knockback II), and even a logistical support module which uses nanotech and the power of enderportation to access any inventory that your nanites can access...and do so from anywhere at any time!

Of course, this shit would be very expensive, and some would require some form of RF-based battery, either internal (yes, my proposal contains an upgrade to do just that) or external from which to draw energy.

I'm not sure if I, personally, have the ability to design such an expansive...expansion, but I'd like to have it out there for any enterprising developers to look at and see if it catches their eye, ya know?

Last edited:

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on a proposal for a mid-to-late-game Thermal Expansion add-on I'm calling "Nanotech." As the name implies, its all about using nanites for everything from farming to advanced automation to armour, tools, and even weaponizing (and later militarizing) them. You can even use certain nanite clusters themselves (as opposed to purpose-made items) as high-quality, energy-using tools. Imagine being able to use little, nanoscopic machines to do things like generate power more efficiently (and get more of it), and even literally deconstructing your enemies. If at all possible, I'd like for there to even be nanite-based body augmentations like an Active Threat Response (ATR) module that acts like the Thorns enchantment, or even turning your body into a living RF battery.

[ETA]
I've got a lot more body modifications listed than I thought I'd make up...a module that dispenses stimulants (not an actual item...maybe) into your virtual bloodstream making you run and mine faster, one that makes your skin harder (+4 armour points), one that heals you 2 points every 5 seconds, infuses your melee attacks with the fury of nanotechnology (+6 melee damage), gives your attacks a kinetic boost (as Knockback II), and even a logistical support module which uses nanotech and the power of enderportation to access any inventory that your nanites can access...and do so from anywhere at any time!

Of course, this shit would be very expensive, and some would require some form of RF-based battery, either internal (yes, my proposal contains an upgrade to do just that) or external from which to draw energy.

I'm not sure if I, personally, have the ability to design such an expansive...expansion, but I'd like to have it out there for any enterprising developers to look at and see if it catches their eye, ya know?

I have never seen anyone take on making a nanotech mod let alone one that's an add-on for Thermal Expansion. I guess it has something to do with a concept like this could potentially be OP if authors are not careful. I am very intrigued by the idea myself. If it turns out to be possible, I would love to see some demonstrations and spotlights on your work sometime soon. I also would eventually like to see cross-compatibility with other mods compatible with TE like Big Reactors and Gendustry.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds very much like a terrafirmacraft compitable with other mods. I like it

So, here's a novel suggestion: A way to power Turtles from CC with Redstone Flux! Ideally with a block you can place them near that charges them, and a command/upgrade that lets you fuel them with capacitors.

Sounds like a nice idea. But from what I recall, this kind of refueling had to be removed from the computercraft API. Might have changed now, but thats what I recall

Last edited: