Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
What is the proper way to use item ducts?

I see people reporting issues with item ducts getting stuffed with excess, and the new pack has a setting to prevent excessive stuffing, but how do you detect and prevent stuffing in the first place? How do you tell what is stuffed in; how do you make a "last resort removal" to empty them; how do you prevent stuff from being pushed into an item duct if it has anything backlogged in the first place?

Nullifier is your friend.
(it also stores all your reward bags.)​

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about to finish the quest with the Liquid Meat... I dont know where the meat comes from since I slaughter some skeletons but thats beside the point:
The possible rewards include 3 oysters or a reward bag. I'd like to pick te oysters since apparently there is no other way of obtaining them.

Did anyone find a way to get some oysters? Even if they're not quest relevant in any way, I'd like to go for them anyway.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
There are so many reward bags anyway, I'd be strongly tempted to take the oysters. I need a pearl in order to craft the sea witch book.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about to finish the quest with the Liquid Meat... I dont know where the meat comes from since I slaughter some skeletons but thats beside the point:
The possible rewards include 3 oysters or a reward bag. I'd like to pick te oysters since apparently there is no other way of obtaining them.

Did anyone find a way to get some oysters? Even if they're not quest relevant in any way, I'd like to go for them anyway.
I'd definitely choose the oysters

You can get them in a rewards bag, but that's the only way

How I choose my rewards from the quests is:
Is it unobtainable by any other method (excepting rewards bag loot): If yes, choose this, if no, continue to next reward and repeat question

killrbladez

Jul 29, 2019
So, me and someone else were playing on a server together. I got fed up with waiting for Thaumcraft stuff, and decided to venture into the other half of "You're a Wizard, Steve".
1. I hate that you need blood for everything in it.
2. I hate that you can kill yourself with it.
3. I hate how I didn't find out about the mobs being able to be used for the alter until I lost 3 lives and a bit of valuable stuff.
4. I got annoyed by how the runes to increase alter's hold capacity needs the third tier blood orb. Only because the way I was going, I needed them.
I finally thought of what to do. I filled up the alter with my own blood, then spawned chickens with the gold block in the alter, while the other person killed the chickens to get blood in there. After that, I made the air Sigil, and almost killed myself testing how it worked.
On a side note: I caused all but one of the 16 deaths in that world. Hunger, Evil pigmen, creeps falling from the mob grinder as I was getting back down, Angry Zombies, trying to get a enderman, and blood magic was the reasons for deaths.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I've now got one quest to complete in the Wizard Quest line.

But, I'll admit, I cheated in most of the lamps. I just hate infusion crafting. I do it from time to time, but crafting 16 Lamp of Growth and 16 Lamp of Fertility was something I can't stand to do. Despite the moderate instability, I only had a single issue in the 12 that I bothered to craft. I did chuck out the extra lamps that I had, along with the shards that I would have used, I didn't bother with the gold, bonemeal etc as they are plentiful. Yeah, I know that it's cheating, but I just didn't care, I'm happy to do pretty much everything else in the entire quest line, but doing that much infusion crafting wasn't something I cared about enough to do.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
My turn to have a mini rant, I damn hate that there seems to be no way to finish the quest book on servers, all to date have, reset or have had the quest book reset on way way to many occasions, admins blame jaded, personally I beleave its the mcp/bukket pluggins, but ether way is such a pain, looks like I may have to suffer the boredom of a single player map just to finish the damn thing, & its a bit heart breaking to see the stupid crap the server admins have to put up with if & when one of the above resets happen, most players think its all the server admins fault & that they can fix everything in 60 seconds. I love the pack but wish play on a server (open servers mostly) is it so much to ask.

@killrbladez google would have saved you all that trouble, I am not a fan of blood magic my self, but when new to a mod I at least view the authors MC page if not the related wikihttp://forum.feed-the-beast.com/members/killrbladez.4282/

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
My turn to have a mini rant, I damn hate that there seems to be no way to finish the quest book on servers, all to date have, reset or have had the quest book reset on way way to many occasions, admins blame jaded, personally I beleave its the mcp/bukket pluggins, but ether way is such a pain, looks like I may have to suffer the boredom of a single player map just to finish the damn thing, & its a bit heart breaking to see the stupid crap the server admins have to put up with if & when one of the above resets happen, most players think its all the server admins fault & that they can fix everything in 60 seconds. I love the pack but wish play on a server (open servers mostly) is it so much to ask.

@killrbladez google would have saved you all that trouble, I am not a fan of blood magic my self, but when new to a mod I at least view the authors MC page if not the related wiki

Just realized that it's risky on playing AS on any hosted server. You don't have access to a backup when stuff goes wrong.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
but backing up to something an hour older for YOU, means taking an hour away from everybody.

It's not going to happen.

Well in most cases, when something goes wrong on a server it affects everyone.

In cases where it only affects you, then if the admin is competent and nice then they will help resolve the issue in a fair manner.

Last edited:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to get worker bees... I have like 15 queens now and im running out of drones
Are you actually keeping the queens in the apiary to allow them to complete their life cycle?
You shouldn't be running out of drones.. the worst ratio is a 1:1 drone ratio, best is 1:4

Rawrosaurus

Jul 29, 2019
Are you actually keeping the queens in the apiary to allow them to complete their life cycle?
You shouldn't be running out of drones.. the worst ratio is a 1:1 drone ratio, best is 1:4
Im new to bees :p thought that it would be more like a "hive" not just a queen sitting in there by itself

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019

I'm almost sure I saw a config setting letting you find oysters through fishing (and I'm also almost certain it was enabled by default)

Reactions: pjfranke

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
Also, just in response to the people whining about dying to blood magic, I'd like to put in that I love it so far, and think the early progression (all I've done so far) is really awesome! The fact that you have to use your own blood and wait for regen gives it a nice pacing, not allowing me to burn through it all at once. What I did was I took a few hearts off every time I walked by, doing other stuff.

Really though, if you kill yourself with it, you weren't paying attention (or have some lag issues causing you to double-activate something (happens to me all the time with food)). I always make sure to stay above 3 hearts.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Die by Blood Magic once, shame on you @WayofTime
Die by Blood Magic twice, shame on me :p
Die by Blood Magic three times, boy do I need to get locked up in an insane asylum because I may be depressed and suicidal...

I just had an epic idea. Please add a special item or two that requires you to actually kill yourself in game and bind your death spirit to the item. Or would that be too much? Probably too much as some people had issue with using a knife to cut themselves in game. Just think of the outrage if you had to kill yourself for an item.

Nothing wrong here, move along ;)

Reactions: Gladi099

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Something currently annoying me is the lag. I've not even got anything automated yet. Only at 44% at learning to skyblock, got 5 crucibles that I manually feed with cobble, with lava going to one dynamo powering 3 pulverizer fed by a single extruder. There's no item ducts anywhere.

I'm going to experiment with a few things, but has anyone got any suggestions? It's basically making the map unplayable.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Something currently annoying me is the lag. I've not even got anything automated yet. Only at 44% at learning to skyblock, got 5 crucibles that I manually feed with cobble, with lava going to one dynamo powering 3 pulverizer fed by a single extruder. There's no item ducts anywhere.

I'm going to experiment with a few things, but has anyone got any suggestions? It's basically making the map unplayable.

I've found that any lag I get is usually a back-stuffed itemduct.

Reactions: egor66