Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've calmed down from that last death to continue on. I've automated dirt generation, but my current mob grinder is not adequare enough: A dark room with a cobblestone floor and a grinder in the middle. Time, I'd say, to upgrade. How? simple. By replacing the cobblestone floor with one made out of cursed earth.

The grinder works a 5x5 zone in front of it. Putting it in the middle of the room means at least half the room is behind it and isn't covered. Put it in the wall for better coverage.

Also, mobs will only spawn if you are at least 24 blocks away. Make sure you build the room a ways away from your base so you aren't getting too close and stopping spawning.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what the "secondary" classification of foods in Hunger Overhaul signifies and what order of usefulness they have?

I'm talking about "nourishing", "unfulfilling", "wholesome" etc.
I believe that tells you how much saturation they give.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
The grinder works a 5x5 zone in front of it. Putting it in the middle of the room means at least half the room is behind it and isn't covered. Put it in the wall for better coverage.

Also, mobs will only spawn if you are at least 24 blocks away. Make sure you build the room a ways away from your base so you aren't getting too close and stopping spawning.
I've just learned the former myself via help from my precision hammer. It explains why so many enemies kept avoiding the grinder. As for the latter, well, cursed earth doesn't care about proximity (or so I heard)

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I've just learned the former myself via help from my precision hammer. It explains why so many enemies kept avoiding the grinder. As for the latter, well, cursed earth doesn't care about proximity (or so I heard)
Yup, cursed earth doesn't care, but might as well get natural spawns too, to speed things up even more...

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Alright, I've calmed down from that last death to continue on. I've automated dirt generation, but my current mob grinder is not adequare enough: A dark room with a cobblestone floor and a grinder in the middle. Time, I'd say, to upgrade. How? simple. By replacing the cobblestone floor with one made out of cursed earth.
I build a one chunk grinder (16 x 16 using F9 to remain within the chunk boundaries). I use Conveyor Belts to move mobs to the center using four strips and a 2 x 2 hole in the middle for mobs to fall into where the grinder is. Replacing the cobble with cursed earth is certainly one way to produce additional spawns.

Scryptt

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running a MFR farm with wheat, trees, tomatoes, and lettuce and for some reason i'm not getting any lettuce from it. I get all the other crops and I get lettuce seeds but not the actual lettuce. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or if i'm just dumb, but I have no idea whats wrong and any help would be appreciated.

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Someone on Reddit asked how and why i automated my surplus soul sand, so i thought i'd share the compact+tileable method :)
SOYJkS7.png

(I don't know how to do the Spoiler thing, so i'm sorry its such a large image :p)

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Someone on Reddit asked how and why i automated my surplus soul sand, so i thought i'd share the compact+tileable method :)
SOYJkS7.png
(I don't know how to do the Spoiler thing, so i'm sorry its such a large image :p)
you can just the water in the side and the sand in the top then pull the soulsand out the bottom

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
It was made to be tileable, in my world i have 5 of these next to each other with one hopper/chest sucking up the soul sand
it's still only top, 1 side and bottom, still fully tilabable and cheaper with only an import bus/itemduct extra and you save on the autonomous activators

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
It was made to be tileable, in my world i have 5 of these next to each other with one hopper/chest sucking up the soul sand

His solution is tileable (it's what I use too). Put your water input where your AA is, sand goes in where you have the vacuum hopper and soul sand out where you have the fluid bus.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
m90sbc.png
Freakin' finally! Finally the game said I had enough natural earth and allowed me to do the ritual. I hope the earth increases my grinding potential.
I've started on doing the quests relating to bees and trees. Currently going along well. Even better, I don't actually have to do any actual beekeeping yet.

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
What is the proper way to use item ducts?

I see people reporting issues with item ducts getting stuffed with excess, and the new pack has a setting to prevent excessive stuffing, but how do you detect and prevent stuffing in the first place? How do you tell what is stuffed in; how do you make a "last resort removal" to empty them; how do you prevent stuff from being pushed into an item duct if it has anything backlogged in the first place?