Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I use Paving Stones of Warding for my enclosures.
They're basically just invisible fences, though. The same problem seems to occur!
Fences, walls, and other partial-sized blocks are definitely unreliable for keeping animals in. I'd go with an enclosure of glass blocks two high or glass/cobble full blocks with a half-slab on top, so if the animals are pushed into them they won't suffocate.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
They're basically just invisible fences, though. The same problem seems to occur!
Fences, walls, and other partial-sized blocks are definitely unreliable for keeping animals in. I'd go with an enclosure of glass blocks two high or glass/cobble full blocks with a half-slab on top, so if the animals are pushed into them they won't suffocate.
I've never had a problem with the stones of warding having that kind of problem. Fences? All the time, particularly when you get crowded. But paving stones of warding? Never once.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
...I should probably automate dirt production just as I have automated cobble production/sieving. I'm going to need like 800k dirt and I only have like 4k total. Probably going to make a second tree farm, but set the second one to shear leaves (First one doesn't shear so I can get saplings)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
...I should probably automate dirt production just as I have automated cobble production/sieving. I'm going to need like 800k dirt and I only have like 4k total. Probably going to make a second tree farm, but set the second one to shear leaves (First one doesn't shear so I can get saplings)
if you have a mob farm going, hook up your rotten flesh output to barrels for passive dirt generation. Auto-pull out with servo-run itemducts. If you use a hopper as an intermediary between the ducts and the barrels, it won't cause that backstuff crash.

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
you've awakened the sleeping beast :eek:
fkLF9.gif

Reactions: cannajan and Avatar

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, congrats. Hopefully the sequel is much more challenging than this one (even though I haven't finished it) >_<

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... I'm thinking of doing some work to avoid having my main industry barrels hitting their caps. Specifically, all metals, redstone, coal and lapis (and maybe some others) by using cyclic assemblers to turn them into respective blocks. That should increase storage space ninefold.
Unrelated: I just made my first piece of bound armor: Bound boots. Inserted a sigil of the green grove, a master blood orb and, because it's necessary, a weak blood shard. Now just 20 more filled sockets to go. Honestly, they don't feel that daunting anymore now that I have a well of suffering and enough runes of augmented capacity to take my main altar's capacity up to 28k, requiring just 10 hearts worth or orb to fill up the socket (courtesy of fluiducts).

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

Jul 29, 2019
How much power does those two reactors output? I'm thinking of making a steam turbine though still need more materials
Each outputs around 10k (I think its a little more, but I cba to put more conduits, the laser drills (4 of em) are fully powered)

dat FOV though.
I really cant stand it any lower than quake pro (take into account i do have a speed buff from a beacon...
Call me weird :D

Jul 29, 2019
Well I can put the FOV down and retake em :p
I just find everything is too close, I have a very large monitor mind you :/

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay game, now you're really starting to anger me! I have so far lost 11 lives, and all but three of those are caused by some stupid glitch that keeps happening, and would'nt you know it, it's related to blood magic. Basically, sometimes when I use the sacrificial orb, even though I would still have half a heart left (I can clearly see), boom! I die! Sometimes I go into this strange limbo-type thing where I just become stuck in one place while all of my items scatter. It still counts as a life lost, even though I shouldn't have died! Oh, it gets better: I just died twice instantly, once due to that bug and once because even though I had died I was still counted as alive and a thaumic slime then up and killed me, costing me a second life even though I shouldn't have lost any!

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Okay game, now you're really starting to anger me! I have so far lost 11 lives, and all but three of those are caused by some stupid glitch that keeps happening, and would'nt you know it, it's related to blood magic. Basically, sometimes when I use the sacrificial orb, even though I would still have half a heart left (I can clearly see), boom! I die! Sometimes I go into this strange limbo-type thing where I just become stuck in one place while all of my items scatter. It still counts as a life lost, even though I shouldn't have died! Oh, it gets better: I just died twice instantly, once due to that bug and once because even though I had died I was still counted as alive and a thaumic slime then up and killed me, costing me a second life even though I shouldn't have lost any!
How to fix? Keep yourself above half a heart. Don't use the orb unless you have at least 2 hearts.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've calmed down from that last death to continue on. I've automated dirt generation, but my current mob grinder is not adequare enough: A dark room with a cobblestone floor and a grinder in the middle. Time, I'd say, to upgrade. How? simple. By replacing the cobblestone floor with one made out of cursed earth.

Last edited:

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what the "secondary" classification of foods in Hunger Overhaul signifies and what order of usefulness they have?

I'm talking about "nourishing", "unfulfilling", "wholesome" etc.