Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
So can't for the life of me figure out how this keeps happening
This sneaky mooshroom apparently is an escape artist, this is not the first time its happened(first time in another pen though). Its original pen is fenced in flat platform of mycelium and cobble that is 7x5.

I probably should get a name tag and name him Houdini..........

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I find that
This sneaky mooshroom apparently is an escape artist, this is not the first time its happened(first time in another pen though). Its original pen is fenced in flat platform of mycelium and cobble that is 7x5.

fences are unreliable for keeping animals in. I've started using cobble with a slab on top as a better solution.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
-img snip-

I use Paving Stones of Warding for my enclosures.

Reactions: Padfoote

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
I find that

fences are unreliable for keeping animals in. I've started using cobble with a slab on top as a better solution.
Wow, surprised they still haven't fixed that since 1.4.
Though generally losing a few animals that can spawn elsewhere is less of a problem in vanilla.
Edit: Wow didn't notice that but there is also a black sheep in my photo(pun intended)

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I use Paving Stones of Warding for my enclosures.
They're basically just invisible fences, though. The same problem seems to occur!
Fences, walls, and other partial-sized blocks are definitely unreliable for keeping animals in. I'd go with an enclosure of glass blocks two high or glass/cobble full blocks with a half-slab on top, so if the animals are pushed into them they won't suffocate.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
They're basically just invisible fences, though. The same problem seems to occur!
Fences, walls, and other partial-sized blocks are definitely unreliable for keeping animals in. I'd go with an enclosure of glass blocks two high or glass/cobble full blocks with a half-slab on top, so if the animals are pushed into them they won't suffocate.
I've never had a problem with the stones of warding having that kind of problem. Fences? All the time, particularly when you get crowded. But paving stones of warding? Never once.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
...I should probably automate dirt production just as I have automated cobble production/sieving. I'm going to need like 800k dirt and I only have like 4k total. Probably going to make a second tree farm, but set the second one to shear leaves (First one doesn't shear so I can get saplings)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
...I should probably automate dirt production just as I have automated cobble production/sieving. I'm going to need like 800k dirt and I only have like 4k total. Probably going to make a second tree farm, but set the second one to shear leaves (First one doesn't shear so I can get saplings)
if you have a mob farm going, hook up your rotten flesh output to barrels for passive dirt generation. Auto-pull out with servo-run itemducts. If you use a hopper as an intermediary between the ducts and the barrels, it won't cause that backstuff crash.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, congrats. Hopefully the sequel is much more challenging than this one (even though I haven't finished it) >_<

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... I'm thinking of doing some work to avoid having my main industry barrels hitting their caps. Specifically, all metals, redstone, coal and lapis (and maybe some others) by using cyclic assemblers to turn them into respective blocks. That should increase storage space ninefold.
Unrelated: I just made my first piece of bound armor: Bound boots. Inserted a sigil of the green grove, a master blood orb and, because it's necessary, a weak blood shard. Now just 20 more filled sockets to go. Honestly, they don't feel that daunting anymore now that I have a well of suffering and enough runes of augmented capacity to take my main altar's capacity up to 28k, requiring just 10 hearts worth or orb to fill up the socket (courtesy of fluiducts).

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

Jul 29, 2019
How much power does those two reactors output? I'm thinking of making a steam turbine though still need more materials
Each outputs around 10k (I think its a little more, but I cba to put more conduits, the laser drills (4 of em) are fully powered)

dat FOV though.
I really cant stand it any lower than quake pro (take into account i do have a speed buff from a beacon...
Call me weird :D

Jul 29, 2019
Well I can put the FOV down and retake em :p
I just find everything is too close, I have a very large monitor mind you :/