Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
There's something worse than deep storage unit?

How much vaccus does this scan for? :)
The nulifier is a block by thermal expansion that destroys any items that go into it. @Celestialphoenix is trolling you a little in saying that it's infinite storage[DOUBLEPOST=1401059745][/DOUBLEPOST]
Could someone tell me where i need to place my hives to get unusual bees?
That one is close to the void and... I can't remember the other details
It's on the ex aliquo mcf page

EDIT: All struck out information is wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
That one is close to the void and... I can't remember the other details
It's on the ex aliquo mcf page

Thats the only things thats on the page under bees i could find, but i may be too stupid :/
It's a known fact that bees love to be around other insects. Sieving a bunch of Infested Leaves may yield some stinging results

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Thats the only things thats on the page under bees i could find, but i may be too stupid :/
It's a known fact that bees love to be around other insects. Sieving a bunch of Infested Leaves may yield some stinging results
My apologies, I sent you to the wrong mod page, it's Ex Nihilo that adds the hives

Compatability with other mods > Forestry > Beeeees!
All the things underneath there should give you the hive descriptions, I think the usual bees are magic bees

Reactions: jetflight

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
So tree harvesting golems can be lifesavers as I experienced today, had an amaranth farm that I was strolling through(not a dense one) yet I still managed to become encased in the trunk with no way of exiting(usually you have a direction you can walk to clip out).
Unluckily I had my mattock, hatchet and lumberax all tucked away at the time so I was slightly in panic.
Then that little tree harvesting golem came to my rescue, he is now getting a fez, bowtie, spectacles and will never be "golemancer's bell"ed or otherwise killed even after my amaranth farm has done its work.
I hope you infuse him to be better than the others as a reward for the deed he has done.

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
anyway to disable rain (either through in-game mechanics or a gamerule)? it's getting annoying

also, was the quest to get specific forestry saplings removed? I just finished unlocking bees and trees and don't see it.

Annoyingly, I got radioactive bees going in anticipation of the last quest needing them given the comb pictured. Turns out you don't need that comb at all? :(

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
anyway to disable rain (either through in-game mechanics or a gamerule)? it's getting annoying

also, was the quest to get specific forestry saplings removed? I just finished unlocking bees and trees and don't see it.

Sleeping resets the rain counter. Which is an easy trap to fall into in early skyblock when you need those bloody barrels to fill with water but you keep sleeping to skip the nights. never rains conseqently. Alternatively, openblocks or extra utilities adds rain mufflers.

And yes. I was working on that quest, upgraded to 2.1.6 and the sapling requirement disappeared.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012

Annoyingly, I got radioactive bees going in anticipation of the last quest needing them given the comb pictured. Turns out you don't need that comb at all? :(
NEI has a rain toggle, set yourself in util mode and activate the rain control there

Reactions: Bagman817

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Finished up my server playthrough. Don't think I'll ever do it again, that McAurey's quest is the ambition-killer.

vxby0CU.jpg

2 void deaths, 1 mob death, 1 unstable ingot explosion death hahahahaha. Just enough to match 134 hearts to 134 quests. ;)

final base image
V3YByC9.jpg

Last edited:

bac1227

Jul 29, 2019
Your high oven produces 1k°C PER LAYER (this should be highlighted in the manual). If your oven is just a 3x3x3 cube it won't have enough power to generate the required heat.
This problem popped up quite a few times already. ^^

However, if your oven has enough layers then I don't know where the problem could be.
Did you try turning it off and on again? Maybe breaking and placing the controller back will fix this problem.

Hmm, i remember trying a straw once. It was awful and I chucked it into the void...
doesnt look like theres any efficient way for turning Mob essence -> Liquid XP.
Shame.
Thanks that was a big help the high oven works

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
any way to see whether something is stored in your AE system vs. in an inventory connected to a storage bus? I'm starting to build my storage room (deep storage galore) but want to make sure that everything is going through so I don't use any space on my drives for no reason.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
Does someone know how to unlock chapter 8 The End?

I have completed 86 quests, have finished chapter 1+2+3 (Learning to Skyblock, Hells kitchen and steel powered flight) and have defeated the ender dragon but still not unlocked the chapter. :(

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012

I have completed 86 quests, have finished chapter 1+2+3 (Learning to Skyblock, Hells kitchen and steel powered flight) and have defeated the ender dragon but still not unlocked the chapter. :(
look for quests that "unlocks x quests elsewhere" and finish those

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
any way to see whether something is stored in your AE system vs. in an inventory connected to a storage bus? I'm starting to build my storage room (deep storage galore) but want to make sure that everything is going through so I don't use any space on my drives for no reason.

One of the things I do when connecting up deep storage units is to connect an export bus to the deep storage unit first, then once the AE system is empty, I connect the storage bus to the deep storage unit and make it a higher priority than my default network. After setting up all my deep storage units like this, I take all my drives out and place them in the io port and feed back into the network. This will get any random items that came in to my AE network while I was switching cables, and force all items out of my drives that have associated deep storage units. Then I replace my drives, and all is good.

As a trick for overflow for certain types of items, you can pre-configure a storage bus to only accept certain items, give it a higher priority than your regular storage, and place a trash can on the storage bus. The AE system will fill any existing inventory space first, then if that fills up will try and create a new storage slot in the highest priority available. This will have the result of sending any overflow items to the trash automatically.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019

It is quite literally The end, almost all other quests need to be done(bragging excluded)

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Question: What's the best way of getting Victus essentia? I need it for lamps of fertility/growth. I know that eggs contain victus, but I need a better ration than 1:1. Anything else that might provide a good amount of victus (and, if possible, bestia) essentia?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Question: What's the best way of getting Victus essentia? I need it for lamps of fertility/growth. I know that eggs contain victus, but I need a better ration than 1:1. Anything else that might provide a good amount of victus (and, if possible, bestia) essentia?

Any kind of raw meat. Chicken, pork, beef. They all should provide victus and bestia. There are some MFR blocks that may have victus in larger quantities. (I've read it here in the thread, but never used them myself.)

Edit: Don't forget, you can put bestia through the centrifuge and get a bit more victus essence out of it.