Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I need to make 16 lamps of fertility and 16 lamps of growth, for which I need to find a way of getting a total of 32 earth and fire shards, on top of all the other things to get and the inherent risks of infusion. I already got the 3 magician's blood orbs as well as the 32 golem animation cores (That was a bit of a pain), so this is going to be painful, especially gathering up the required essentias from my alchemical furnace...

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Earth and Fire shards are both pretty easy(all of them are easy if you do bees, I believe, have more air shards than I'll ever use just from the Aer bees I had briefly on my way to some other species/trait). As far as the risks of infusion go there are none with a properly constructed altar. I made the Greatwood sapling in my singleplayer run without anything falling off an altar, lightning, anything. It just worked, no apparent instability whatsoever. Put a layer or two of skulls above and beneath the altar.

The cores were a pain and the lamps aren't much better. If you get lucky you can get the lamps from a reward bag and some of the base golem cores. Don't forget the pillars are isided so you can use hoppers/AE/ducts/etc. to do some of the work for you.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Earth and Fire shards are both pretty easy(all of them are easy if you do bees, I believe, have more air shards than I'll ever use just from the Aer bees I had briefly on my way to some other species/trait). As far as the risks of infusion go there are none with a properly constructed altar. I made the Greatwood sapling in my singleplayer run without anything falling off an altar, lightning, anything. It just worked, no apparent instability whatsoever. Put a layer or two of skulls above and beneath the altar.

The cores were a pain and the lamps aren't much better. If you get lucky you can get the lamps from a reward bag and some of the base golem cores. Don't forget the pillars are isided so you can use hoppers/AE/ducts/etc. to do some of the work for you.
Well, if nothing else, I just counted how much victus I need: 512 in total, and that's assuming none gets used up due to instability. I need to find a very good source of victus (And Herba (easy enough, sheared leaves), Lux (Torches), Granum (Seeds) and Bestia (no idea))

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Well, if nothing else, I just counted how much victus I need: 512 in total, and that's assuming none gets used up due to instability. I need to find a very good source of victus (And Herba (easy enough, sheared leaves), Lux (Torches), Granum (Seeds) and Bestia (no idea))
eggs have victus and bestia...

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
So not sure what's going on with my world, but today I'm having unbelievable lag, where I've not had any before. I've tried everything from restoring old versions of my maps, to downgrading AS versions, but nothing is seeming to fix it. Any ideas on what I need to look at to pinpoint the issue? I'm at the point where I'm considering starting over just to see if the issue repeats on a fresh world.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say to grab opus and see if it can find the lag.
If you're meaning Opis, I'm completely unfamiliar with it, I'll have to research how to use it (I derp around on DW20 pack sometimes, but I always turn it off, I prefer zan's minimap)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
In my first play through (uncomplete) I got ardite and cobalt gravel from sifting soul sand, since the update, nothing, so I assume that it's been nerfed.

Since then, the only way I got cobalt or ardite is from the mining laser or from mining in the nether.

Side question, how does the Ender Quarry deal with me logging out and back in? It was mining quite successfully, but when I logged back in, it doesn't seem to be working. It claims to be mining an area, but I couldn't see the purple sparkles. Does it properly record where it's up to and start there again? or does it start over and ignore the dirt that it's already put in place?

People have reported a bug in certain versions of ex aquilo? where colbalt and ardite sand don't generate. I'm not sure if it was fixed in the latest versions.

So not sure what's going on with my world, but today I'm having unbelievable lag, where I've not had any before. I've tried everything from restoring old versions of my maps, to downgrading AS versions, but nothing is seeming to fix it. Any ideas on what I need to look at to pinpoint the issue? I'm at the point where I'm considering starting over just to see if the issue repeats on a fresh world.

Do you have a High Oven from Tinker's Steelworks? Break the controller block and/or input blocks. Depending on the version installed, there are some definite issues with those blocks. The latest versions seems to have it fixed.

Do you have an ender quarry running in the nether? You may have loads of hellfish that have spawned there due to the ender quarry and are killing your tick rate. (you can go to the nether and fly 128 blocks away to force the hellfish to despawn.)

Try loading Opis instead of Xan's mini map, and use it to try and pinpoint the lag. Also, you may just need to install Optifine. I was having all kinds of render based lag on my system until I installed optifine. After that, the game became much smoother. Edit: The graphics did become a lot derpier though.. :(

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running recommended on Ag Skies, so I'd assume I have the required version of tinker's steelworks.. So break just the controller of my high oven then replace it?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It is most likely a stuffed itemduct somewhere, especially if the lag got steadily worse from the point you first noticed it.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, this is super weird. Opis says it's a vacuum hopper causing it.. but there's no hopper where it says the problem is.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, this is super weird. Opis says it's a vacuum hopper causing it.. but there's no hopper where it says the problem is.

As I recall, when Opis is working fully, double clicking on an entity can actually teleport an opped player to it, and it will highlight the offending block containing the entity.

In AgS however, my Opis crashes if I /opis_help and it barely shows me lists of things so I don't know if that actually works for anyone.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I found what it had highlighted. It was only off by about 5 blocks. Not sure why that vacuum hopper was causing trouble, but I'm just going to break it and see how things go

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Bah, still didn't find the problem (not a stuffed item duct, I checked.) So unless I find some person willing to look at my map and pin down what's wrong, I'm just going to start over. I think I won't build my mob dropper in the magic biome this time. Wisps aggravate me

Jul 29, 2019
I need to make 16 lamps of fertility and 16 lamps of growth, for which I need to find a way of getting a total of 32 earth and fire shards, on top of all the other things to get and the inherent risks of infusion. I already got the 3 magician's blood orbs as well as the 32 golem animation cores (That was a bit of a pain), so this is going to be painful, especially gathering up the required essentias from my alchemical furnace...
I got lucky with a ZOMG legendary bag for the lamps :D

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Bah, still didn't find the problem (not a stuffed item duct, I checked.) So unless I find some person willing to look at my map and pin down what's wrong, I'm just going to start over. I think I won't build my mob dropper in the magic biome this time. Wisps aggravate me

Upload your map to dropbox or mediafire and I'll be happy to take a look.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Upload your map to dropbox or mediafire and I'll be happy to take a look.
I sooo appreciate the offer. I thought I'd clean up my build a little before uploading, and lo and behold, twisto51 was right. Though it wasn't obvious. I had TONS of cobble just lingering in item ducts, but they weren't showing as backstuffed at their connections. So just in doing some duct clean up, my issue resolved. Yay for rant threads?

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
eggs have victus and bestia...
I wouldn't have this much trouble with identifying which items have what aspects if the game didn't just up and forget all of my aspects as well as what aspects each item has. At least I didn't lose my thaumnomicon progress. Yeah, I'm still bitter about that...
Anyway, enough ranting from me: Thanks for the answer.
Actually, are there any good sources that contain more than 1 victus per item? I need 512 victus in total. If the item contains herba or lux at the same time, that would be great as well, as that would reduce the amount of torches/leaves I'll need to burn.

Last edited:

bac1227

Jul 29, 2019
After the updat my high furnace no longer works. i have not changed anything. the temp only goes too 1000c and will not even melt iron so i can make steel. any suggestions as too the problem? was something changed in the update cause it worked fine before?

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
After the updat my high furnace no longer works. i have not changed anything. the temp only goes too 1000c and will not even melt iron so i can make steel. any suggestions as too the problem? was something changed in the update cause it worked fine before?

Your high oven produces 1k°C PER LAYER (this should be highlighted in the manual). If your oven is just a 3x3x3 cube it won't have enough power to generate the required heat.
This problem popped up quite a few times already. ^^

However, if your oven has enough layers then I don't know where the problem could be.
Did you try turning it off and on again? Maybe breaking and placing the controller back will fix this problem.

I'd say to grab opus and see if it can find the lag.

So, converting liquid exp and mob escence...

Using a straw to drink the escence, clicking on a tank to level up from liquid exp, and standing on a grate or using an extractor is the most manual way to do it.

Was EXP Shower disabled? Playing the exp down into a sewer grate should work.

Hmm, i remember trying a straw once. It was awful and I chucked it into the void...
doesnt look like theres any efficient way for turning Mob essence -> Liquid XP.
Shame.

Last edited:

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019

You now have to increase the height to get higher temps.

EDIT: Ninja'd