Request Suggest mods for creation here

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
With particles you could just put your particles on Decreased. This is not right in your face. And i think I've seen a mod/thing where you could disable individual particles on its own.
Aye, that works well enough as a kludge for the particles alone, but they're merely annoying to me and secondary to removing that blasted haste zoom. Still, thanks for the suggestion!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Here's a mod I'm looking for, which I think would be easy for someone who knows how to mod.

A mod to make sapling drop rate and tree growth time configurable. There doesn't seem to be anything out there that can do this.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
For the first bit of the first paragraph, I say MULTIPLAYER.
Then the four bits:
1) What if someone wants to explore because they don't like where they spawned? Also, on servers, people often want to build away from each other.
2) I like this idea.
3)Rather redundant as different mobs spawn there anyway, and pigmen and endermen can certainly be harder to deal with than others

you know, not everyone can play multiplayer, right?

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I had this idea for a mod a while back, and I mentioned it in another thread, which I will now quote:
So basically, the GUI looks like nine crafting table GUIs, maybe compacted down a bit though. First, you put items in the smaller crafting tables, or the output slots if they're already made. If, when put together, these items can make something else, then you can craft the two steps at once, by clicking the final output slot to the right of everything.
That's the basic idea for the Construction table in the mod I've been working on for a while (Ultratech). You start off with a basic construction table with a crafting grid that you can swap between square and hexagonal shapes. The upgraded version has two grids, and you can tell the first to output to a specific slot in the second. The advanced version has four grids. You'll also be able to tell each crafting grid whether to output to a side and/or an internal slot.

Inspired by the newly released game Titanfall (which I, ironically, have not played), I started wondering if there are any mecha mods for Minecraft?

I know the various exotic pieces of tools and armour provided by mods will allow you to be invincible, fly, 1-hit-kill mobs with a railgun/laser/plasma cannon, mine at breakneck speeds and so on, but those abilities are still inferior to doing exactly the same while piloting a big robot. So therefore, I look for/propose a mecha mod. Either standalone, or as a child mod of existing tech mods such as IC2.
I also already had mechas planned (4-5 blocks high), but I could see about adding a giant version, because Ultratech is definitely meant to max out the awesome factor when you go high end. Want to build a compact fusion reactor just to power your giant mecha? Why not go old-school with steam power just for fun? OKAY!

I should mention, Ultratech is still in the design phase while I re-learn how to code (and WOW do I have a lot of stuff to make). I have some practicing to do before I'm ready to make mecha for you, but I hope to get there eventually.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
But a lot do. You have to consider everyone.
Yes, but no. There's a theory among game designers that helps explain this, exemplified by the Bartle Test. The behavior of different people in a game is based on why they play games. This is why some people LOVE Gregtech while others want Dartcraft, and a few try to combine them (or focus on mods they haven't yet played). It's why griefers exist, and why most servers ban them. It's why we have such huge arguments over which mods are the best.

In short, not all games are meant for all players, and not all players are going to be happy with all types of games. So you should design the games you love, but also ask whether what you make is likely to work for other kinds of people and other situations. This is why ForgeCraft exists: so the work can be tested in a live situation, with people who play whole different kinds of games. Jaded builds BIG and LOTS, Dire is very community-focused, Soaryn doodles around, Aurey builds ideas ("I want a fast food restaurant! And a theater! And my house will be a big pink mansion!"), sometimes pranks get played and responded to. Then if you look at Mindcrack, they're all friendly, pranks are allowed (with rules for safety, like don't destroy someone's hard work and do identify who played the prank), and their latest modded server is PVP -- but again, with rules so players don't get overwhelmed and start hating each others' guts.

But then I know some of you reading this have been on griefing servers where the whole point is to destroy someone's work, usually a copy of a world download. And that's another way to play, but I'm glad I don't have to build my house there!

So yes, most people will want to play multiplayer. Consider it as an option, even if you don't play that way yourself. Then build the best game you can.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I would play mp but my internet... Not everyone has good enough internet for multiplayer. I, for example get internet measured in the bytes sometimes.

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
The other day I was thinking about making an addon for TE called 'RF Solars' but then I remembered that I don't know how to code :/ the idea is that there is a leadstone solar made with a machine frame, a couple copper, a diamond block, two Quartz block, two hardened glass, and the coil for power generators. There is also a resonant solar panel made with a leadstone solar, 4 enderium ingots, a enderium block, two Diamond blocks, two hardened glass and a copper block. The leadstone one would produce 7 rf/t during daytime when it's not raining, the resonant one would do 21 rf/t during the same conditions. I would be more than happy to make textures for these if someone decided to make this mod

Reactions: Zeeth_Kyrah

gwirk

Jul 29, 2019
Upgradable item sorting block.
The way most sorting mechanisms work is by putting an item in a slot. Sometimes you can choose to ignore nbt or metadata but in most of the cases it is not enough.
Each mod has its own way to identify items. There is no simple way to sort ores, logs, dust. Most of the time you have to put the full list of item you want to allow.

I suggest a block working with 2 types of upgrade cards.
The first one define the type of item you want to sort. The second one provide a support for a specific mod.

Let say you want to sort bees. You put a bee sorting card in the "item card" slot
The block, now, provides a specific GUI for bee sorting but you have no option to select bees yet.
You, then put a Forestry card and a Extra bees card in the "mods" slot.
You can now choose bees depending on the bees you discovered. You can also choose traits you want or not. And this for every ouput.
An advanced version of the block could have different slots for each output allowing to sort different families of items.

You could also sort ores by their material (copper, iron..) or their form ( ore, block, IC2 impure dust, Thermal Expension dust...) without worrying if it uses metadata, NBT or item id.

Expending the capabilities of the block works by programming new mods cards. This way you could have a unified way to sorting complex items and it would be easy to add support for any mods as long as you know how NBT data is formatted.

This would be independent of any type of pipe. But using the same API you could add this mechanism to existing pipe filter systems (buildcraft pipe, thermal expansion servo, AE bus...). Capabilities would be provided by cards and it wouldnt require any update.

Last edited:

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
The other day I was thinking about making an addon for TE called 'RF Solars' but then I remembered that I don't know how to code :/ the idea is that there is a leadstone solar made with a machine frame, a couple copper, a diamond block, two Quartz block, two hardened glass, and the coil for power generators. There is also a resonant solar panel made with a leadstone solar, 4 enderium ingots, a enderium block, two Diamond blocks, two hardened glass and a copper block. The leadstone one would produce 7 rf/t during daytime when it's not raining, the resonant one would do 21 rf/t during the same conditions. I would be more than happy to make textures for these if someone decided to make this mod
I know how to code, but I have never made an addon before xD I'll check to see if I can make something for you tonight (2 hours from now)
~~~SNIPPY SNIP~~~
Just some IMO stuff
I think this a pretty good idea, but it would be better implemented in 1.7 given that id's actully follow names(IMO)
minecraft:Iron_Block or forestry:[Name]_Queen_Bee(Note this is probably not how she/he has the id's)

right now the easiest way for someone to create the mod is to do it like nei does searching either way I would rather the nei way then only bees I had in my inventory at that time, but that is just me :p

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I know how to code, but I have never made an addon before xD I'll check to see if I can make something for you tonight (2 hours from now)
Sweet, I made some textures the other day, they could use some tweaking but I have a general idea of what I think a cool look would be, they use the regular thermal expansion color scheme. I never expected anyone to acually care enough to try at making a mod from my idea, this just shows how awesome the ftb community is.

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet, I made some textures the other day, they could use some tweaking but I have a general idea of what I think a cool look would be, they use the regular thermal expansion color scheme. I never expected anyone to acually care enough to try at making a mod from my idea, this just shows how awesome the ftb community is.
So I am pretty positive I can do this now that I've seen his code.. so I'm going to ask a few questions,

first one: Would you like it to be like the solar panel in vanilla (HalfSlab like) or a full block?
Second one: what version of minecraft are you using I'm assuming 1.6.4, that is what I will be coding right now in, but just in case :D
Third one: anything else you would like to see.. I can do almost anything, except entities, creatures are always a pain :p

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
So I am pretty positive I can do this now that I've seen his code.. so I'm going to ask a few questions,

first one: Would you like it to be like the solar panel in vanilla (HalfSlab like) or a full block?
Second one: what version of minecraft are you using I'm assuming 1.6.4, that is what I will be coding right now in, but just in case :D
Third one: anything else you would like to see.. I can do almost anything, except entities, creatures are always a pain :p
Full block, 1.6.4(once 1.7 thermal expansion comes out could you update it?) and I don't know of anything else to add. Would you like me to start a mc forum page for the mod and I will make sure I mention your name a lot since you are coding it, or would you like to make the forum page?

cobhalla

Jul 29, 2019
Lies mod

Make a lie with:
x,x,x
Leaves, eye of ender, coal
x,x,x

L for leaves
I (eye)
E for energy and blackness

The mod uses lies and deception to provide several different buffs or debuffs to the player and his or her surroundings.
The mod adds a basic lie which is used to make more useful lies which include:

Hungry lie
Combine a lie and a piece of food to double the amount of hunger gained by the food by 2x but decreases the saturation to 1/4 of its normal saturation

Pretty lie
Combines a flower with a lie to:
Cause cows, pigs, and chickens to be able to breed again immidatly
Causes the vilifiers to have a chance at making the price of what they sell go down (not below 1 emerald though)
Can cause a dirt block to change into a temporary grass block for 1:00

Researched lie
Ink,lie,ink
Coal,written book, coal
Bone meal, obsidian, paper

When clicked on a villager, the villager will become a politician and if you give him gold ingots, he will pass out pretty lies to the villagers around him and slowly make the villagers like you and be more willing to trade with you longer (more times before the item trade runs out)

Deadly lie
Bone. Flesh, bone
Flesh, lie, flesh
Bone, flesh, bone

This is more or less a tool that can be used 10 times and when you right click either a skellington or a zombie it will become your ally until it dies and it will attack other nearby enemies

Bribe
Lie surrounded in gold nuggets
Can be given to an angry pigman to appease their rage and pigmen in the nether will not attack you again unless provoked again
Also works on iron golems if you anger one

Those are the lies you can make up and there are also a few items you can make to help you out

Decoy
This is a little bit more complicated and requires a few parts

Recipe:
X, head (zombie or skellington), x
Stick, sack o'fellings, stick
x, stand, x

The sack o'feelings
String, wheat, string
Wheat, corrupt heart, wheat
String, wheat, string

Corrupt heart is a lie surrounded with rotten flesh

The stand
X, stick, x
X,stick,x
Oak half slab, oak plank, oak half slab

The decoy, when placed, will attract all nearby enemies to itself and enemies in the vicinity will loose interest in you completely. So all enemies will go attack the decoy instead of you
The decoy will have a fair amount of damage it can take and you can equip armor on it to make it last longer, when placed it occupies the two blocks on top of the block it is placed on like the player does and will render armor if it is equipped.

You can put a stack of cactus in a slot in the GUI of the decoy to cause it to do damage to anything attacking it and it has a 50% chance of using up 1 cactus every time it is attacked, it can be fed by pipes in the bottom to keep a steady supply of cactus

(Possibly have an upgraded one with glass legs to hold lava for a fire effect as well)

The corrupted heart has extra uses as well
If you kill 100 wither skellingtons with it in your inventory it will turn into a withered heart which will protect you from the wither effect but will take durability damage (high durability 500+)
(Repair enchant will be enabled if thaumcraft is also installed)
Once you kill one wither slellington it will change from a corrupted heart to a withering heart with a counter as well

If you similarly kill 50 sheep with a corrupted heart, it will turn into a smooth heart and then into a soft heart which can restore hearts by holding right click and healing you and damaging the item, repair will also be allowed but it will be 20 times slower

A few more lies for trolling on MP servers

Fake diamond
Lie and cyan dye make a block that looks like a diamond block but when mined it drops a stack of cobble instead

Deceptive lie
Lie surrounded with glass panes
This lie acts as a mimic block and mimics the texture of the block it is placed on, this block has no hitbox and therefor can be passed through on any side
Good for traps and hidden rooms

Creeper block
Lie and tnt will make a block that when given a redstone signal causes a hisss and a boom and causes a player to take damage BUT it does not actually cause an explosion so it is a harmless prank that dosn't ruin expensive equipment so it is a good prank in a mine with trip wires and such
Can be crafted with a deceptive lie to make a deceptive creeper block which will again mimic the block it is placed on

Come work for the CobbleCo

Reactions: the_j485

Karn1v3rus

Jul 29, 2019
So heres my idea:

Making the overworld and the nether connected as one world, seperated by layers of obsidian with deposits of bedrock. If a nether portal is made, it transports you to an inversed over world, it is generated the same as the over world but is supposedly on the opposite side of the world (Like layers of a cake). This over world will also have a nether connected by layers of absidian.

Both worlds have a stronghold, each with a seperate portal and their own ender dragon (The portals after killing the ender dragon of that world take you to the spawn of that over world). The neder dragons drop ender hide, each dropping 50 pices (incase it is being used on a server) An ender dragon baby spawns when the successor is killed, it grows up if you feed it ender juice (As seen below). Each ender dragon drops its egg like usual but the egg is in two halves, one half in one end, one half in the other (The eggs can be mined), you craft these toggether in a special crafting table (Which will be mentioned down below) to produce the 'egg of karn' (cheesy right xD). This spawns a new boss that is harder to kill than two enderdragons and a wither combined, this is without the new craftable armor, sword and bow (Again see below). This boss spawns waves of mobs and can call upon lightning and explosions as well as blocking out the sun with black clouds (dissperced by speciam tool (See below)).

New items:
Armor, Armour is 10 times as durable as diamond and protects player twice as much as diamond, gives all beacon effects and some potions when in sunlight (All crafted in a special crafting bench):

(Helmet ~ Helmit of sight)

Ender hide / nether star / ender hide

ender hide / (blank) / ender hide

(blank) / (blank) / (blank)

(Chestplate ~ chestplate of the devines)

Nether star / (Blank) / Nether star

ender hide / Nether star / Ender hide

Ender hide / Nether star / Ender hide

(Leggings ~ Leggings of the blessed)

Ender hide / Nether star / Ender hide

Nther star / (Blank) / Nether star

Ender hide / (blank) / Ender hide

(Boots ~ cossy socks)

Nether star / (Blank) / Nether star

Ender hide / (Blank) / Ender hide

(blank) / (balnk) / (Blank)

The divine's Crafting alter, used to craft all tools and armor of the modpack, crafted as so:

Diamond / iron ingot/ diamond

Ender pearl / book case / Ender pearl

obsidian / Enchanting table /obsidian

Tools ~ Not too special, pick will mine obsidian, a little faster than diamond tools but last as long as iron tools, New level 30 enchantment that only works on these tools called 'Karnish' (Will prolong durability to that of twice i diamond tool

(Pickaxe)

Diamond / Obsidian / diamond

(Blank) / stick / (Blank)

(Shovel)

(Blank) / Diamond / (Blank)

(blank) / obsidian / (Blank)

(Axe)

Obsidian / Diamond / (blank)

Diamond / stick / (Blank)

(Blank) / stick /(Blank)

(Hoe)

Diamond / obsidian / (Blank)

(Blank) / Stick / (Blank)

Egg infuser ~ To be used to create egg of karn:

eye of ender / ender hide / eye of ender

obsidian / enchanting table / obsidian

obsidian / obsidian / obsidian

Ender juice ~ To be fed to baby ender dragon for it to grow big:

(In potion thingy)

Nether wart
Magma cream
ender pearl
redstone
glowstone
gunpowder

That is my idea, sorry if it was a bit long, i just wanted to put together a good idea for a mod
If you do plan on using this for a mod pack, please ask me for any information on [email protected]

Thanks, karn

Last edited:

chocolatelover13

Jul 29, 2019
I had an idea to add diamond chickens to FTB. Here are the details.

1. The chance for the diamond chicken to spawn is 1/100. This is for when they spawn naturally and when two normal chickens are bred.

2. Diamond chickens can breed with each other and a diamond chicken can breed with a normal chicken. It's 1/100 chance that two chickens will have a diamond chicken baby.

3. Diamond chickens look exactly like normal chickens.

4. There is 1/10 chance that when you kill a diamond chicken you get a diamond feather.

5. Every hour a diamond chicken will lay a diamond egg. Diamond eggs are different than diamonds.

6. You can only get diamond eggs and diamond feathers from diamond chickens.

7. you can't spawn diamond chickens in single-player or multiplayer creative.

8. You can turn diamond eggs into diamond. Once you have turned a diamond egg into a diamond, you can't turn it back into a diamond egg. You turn diamond eggs into diamonds by smelting them with coal in a furnace.

9. If you put a "Diamond Feather" On the center-left of the crafting table, and a "Diamond Egg" in the center-center, and another "Diamond Feather" on the center-right. This will give you unlimited flying and it will make you look like a chicken. Flying is not based on energy, you can fly for forever.

10. A backpack option may need to be created so you can put the wings on your back and fly. Or you could just put the wings on the chest-plate option, but still allow both the wings and the armor to be put on the chest-plate option.

This is just an idea that I thought would be cool, and if it helps get this idea into the game please change anything that you don't like, and if you want to please give me your opinion on this idea.

Thanks!

-berrybloxinator