Request Suggest mods for creation here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Ok its an add on for MFR only small but a liquid DSU and also stickers to show the contents of the DSU from the outside..
Ive asked a few authors for this, but due to be small suggestions no one wants to touch it as they want to make a mod not just a few addon items.

there are some mods who actually are centered around small item additions and such.
but the liquid DSU and DSU visual could also be done through Applied Energistics and Extra Cells, so that may be another reason why not many mod developers seem to be interested in doing what you asked

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that lets you move blocks around without breaking them, that would be soo cool. :)
You mean, like a generalized piston?

Workable, until you get into anything that tracks its location/data on its own.

A tile entity has data tagged by xyz, but that at least can be moved as well.
Consider something like a chunk loader, etc., that has additional data stored in a separate file.

Not only do I have a chunkloader file, but also a barrels file, a jabba file, a geostrata file, etc.

spendabuck

Jul 29, 2019
I would like a mod that would go well with some harder mods like Tinker's Construct w/ Iguana Tweaks & the Thirst mod. Here are some things that should be included in this:

Armor Forge: I know that Tinker's Construct already has special armor, but that's only an exoskeleton suit; I'm talking about a forge where you'd have to make each piece of armor bit by bit; very similarly to TC tools.

Weapon Rack: I haven't seen many mods do this. I know that Bibliocraft has a Tool Rack, but it looks more like a shelf in my opinion. I'm talking about a weapon rack like the one in Minefantasy; 3D weapons & all, as well as mod support.

Torch Extinguishing: After a while, a torch will go out. It's the same idea as the torches in the 2.0 April Fools Prank update, except the torches would stay lit longer (at least a few days).

Special Smelting: You can't use a normal furnace to smelt ores anymore; you'll need a forge, which despite it would use more fuel, it produces double the ingot (similar to a TC smeltery).

Harder Mobs: You know about the Zombie Awareness mod? Guess what; all mobs are like that now. Creepers, skeletons, spiders, zombies, endermen, even mobs from other mods have better AI; they will stalk you now, detect light sources, etc..

Crop Failure: Let's say you're relying on a certain type of crop. That crop could develop a disease, which could spread to other plants. Also, plants will grow slower if not hydrated, and rain will help plants grow as well.

Friendly Mob Changes: Normal mobs now follow something: food. Sheep, horses & cows follow tall grass & wheat (they prioritize wheat), pigs follow carrots (which grow wild now, along with potatoes), and chickens follow tall grass. Also, animals now have a hunger bar, meaning if they don't eat, they'll eventually starve to death, meaning you'll have a shortage of animals if you don't feed & tend to them.

Forest Growth: Dropped saplings will plant automatically. This means that forests will expand over time, and eventually what used to be a plains biome could become a forest or even a jungle after a long period of time.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Inspired by the newly released game Titanfall (which I, ironically, have not played), I started wondering if there are any mecha mods for Minecraft?

I know the various exotic pieces of tools and armour provided by mods will allow you to be invincible, fly, 1-hit-kill mobs with a railgun/laser/plasma cannon, mine at breakneck speeds and so on, but those abilities are still inferior to doing exactly the same while piloting a big robot. So therefore, I look for/propose a mecha mod. Either standalone, or as a child mod of existing tech mods such as IC2.

I guess the mod would involve a temporary replacement of the player model, swapping it for a robot of some size (say, 3, 7 or 10 blocks in height, depending on how much resources you want to put into it, and how much power you have to run the thing). The mecha itself would probably require a multiblock machine for assembly, but this can be done as simple as having a 1-block thick platform requiring all its blocks to have an unblocked view of the sky. A 2x2 or 3x3 platform would be enough for the smallest mecha, going as far up as 8x8 for the really big ones.

Adding tools and weapons to the mecha would be done in/on the assembly unit, possibly in the style of MPS. A mining module would require a pickaxe or ten, some hydraulics/wiring, electrical circuits and so forth. Dump it all in the assembly unit, and it would add the stuff to the mecha (or upgrade what the mecha already has).

Piloting the mecha would be interesting. Small mecha(s?) would not be that much taller than ordinary players, and be able to fit in a 3x3 vertical opening (like a Nether portal) or 2x2 horizontally (like an End portal). They'd be able to navigate caves comfortably, and engage mobs in hand-to-hand combat. Useful for mining, spelunking or just hanging around. Big enough for the player to feel powerful, small enough to be used around most bases, forests and villages. Mines 3x3 tunnels with its mining module. Generally not much more powerful than players equipped with high-end armour (such as Quantum Suit or expensive MPS stuff), but bigger and capable of taking more hits, not to mention carrying more loot (if upgraded properly).

Mid-size mecha would lose the ability to fight in close combat, preferring to use ranged weapons (its mining equipment would still hurt, though). They would be a little too big to fit in caves or indoors in bases not specifically built for them, but able to blast their way through if needed. They'd delete Leaf blocks upon touch, making them capable of navigating forests. Unless equipped with (expensive) flying modules or impact dampeners, they would be badly damaged by falling from high places (such as off mountains or Quarry edges). They walk up 1-block-high ledges as if they were stairs.

Big mechas would be endgame toys, but practically invincible to anything but gravity. Without prior planning, getting this thing out of your base after assembly could prove quite a challenge. Being a two-digit number of blocks tall, and several blocks wide, they would need some elbow room. Running them would require vast amounts of resources and whatever power supply you're using, but they would be able to manipulate the world around them on an unprecedented scale. Its mining tools would make craters for every click, or huge holes in the landscape after a few moments of digging. The internal storage capacity of a large mecha would be on par with mid-tier AE Storage disks. It would be able to obliterate Withers with a few rounds of its weapon system. Forests would fall as it walked through them. They would mostly be useful for clearing land for large construction projects, or doing some manual quarrying. Need a forest flattened to build your base? Big mecha. Are your bases so far apart that even walking through the Nether is a bit of a trek? Clear the way and make a straight tunnel between your portals with a big mecha. Too many mountains blocking the view of the sunset from your bedroom window? Needing to empty a desert to get enough Sand for your glass dome project? Building something requiring you to place lots of 3x3x3 structures with a single click? Big effin' mecha. Making manual work efficient again.

Rybec

Jul 29, 2019
Simple idea: Microsigns
Microsigns would be a forge multipart item similar to a cover strip. You place on along the edge of a block and it works like a normal sign, but with only a single line instead of four. If the strip is placed on a vertical edge the text will be vertically oriented.
Combined with existing multipart functionality, this would allow easy labeling of buttons and levers (or wire paths...), as well as nice low profile text for when you just need to post a small sign.
Because they're multiparts, you could have more than one in the same block; label both sides of a lever, add a second line to a button label, etc.
If possible, Microsigns would not block resdstone transmission but would block any applicable connections.

Ideally there would be some way to color the signs to better match surrounding decor, but that's not strictly necessary.

Reactions: fedprod

psp

Jul 29, 2019
There should be a mod that adds a new dimensions; A DREAM DIMENSION
I probably should think more about this then add more to it :rolleyes:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I had this idea for a mod a while back, and I mentioned it in another thread, which I will now quote:

I was thinking a while back, there needs to be made a mod with a giant crafting table.

So basically, the GUI looks like nine crafting table GUIs, maybe compacted down a bit though. First, you put items in the smaller crafting tables, or the output slots if they're already made. If, when put together, these items can make something else, then you can craft the two steps at once, by clicking the final output slot to the right of everything.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I have this idea for a "Mob RPG stats" mod for quite a while now. Has anyone ever had the feeling that as you craft more and more powerful armor and weapons, the mobs you encounter become less and less of a threat to you? I have the idea that any mob in Minecraft should have a few RPG stats and become progressively stronger as the player crafts more powerful items. For example, when the player crafts something like Runic Armor from Thaumcraft, the mobs level and stats should scale along with the player. I also have the idea that mobs that spawn in certain places will be stronger than those that spawn in others. The best thing about this is that it is not limited to only vanilla Minecraft mobs. I intend for this mod to work with both any mob in vanilla Minecraft as well as custom mobs added by certain mods.

Here are some of my suggested guidelines for the strength of mobs that spawn depending on their location:

Mobs that appear further away from the world spawn point will be of a higher level than those that spawn closer to it.
Mobs that spawn deep underground at redstone levels and lower will be stronger than mobs that spawn closer to the surface
Mobs that spawn in other dimensions such as The Nether and The End will be stronger than those that spawn in the overworld.
Mobs that spawn in custom areas like dungeons are stronger than mobs that spawn elsewhere.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I have this idea for a "Mob RPG stats" mod for quite a while now. Has anyone ever had the feeling that as you craft more and more powerful armor and weapons, the mobs you encounter become less and less of a threat to you? I have the idea that any mob in Minecraft should have a few RPG stats and become progressively stronger as the player crafts more powerful items. For example, when the player crafts something like Runic Armor from Thaumcraft, the mobs level and stats should scale along with the player. I also have the idea that mobs that spawn in certain places will be stronger than those that spawn in others. The best thing about this is that it is not limited to only vanilla Minecraft mobs. I intend for this mod to work with both any mob in vanilla Minecraft as well as custom mobs added by certain mods.

Here are some of my suggested guidelines for the strength of mobs that spawn depending on their location:

Mobs that appear further away from the world spawn point will be of a higher level than those that spawn closer to it.
Mobs that spawn deep underground at redstone levels and lower will be stronger than mobs that spawn closer to the surface
Mobs that spawn in other dimensions such as The Nether and The End will be stronger than those that spawn in the overworld.
Mobs that spawn in custom areas like dungeons are stronger than mobs that spawn elsewhere.
For the first bit of the first paragraph, I say MULTIPLAYER.
Then the four bits:
1) What if someone wants to explore because they don't like where they spawned? Also, on servers, people often want to build away from each other.
2) I like this idea.
3)Rather redundant as different mobs spawn there anyway, and pigmen and endermen can certainly be harder to deal with than others

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

*Cough*

Reactions: Not_Steve

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Since I haven't had any luck digging this up on my own and it seems simple enough in concept, I would like to see a mod that disables potion aesthetic effects only. Remove the particles and haste zoom, but leave the actual effect of the potion intact. Several mods seem to make use of the system in order to add buffs to the player, but the constant particles obscure my vision while the haste zoom gives me a headache and makes that particular effect unuseable for me. I've seen something of this nature bundled in with a much larger mod, but I'd like to see it as a standalone mod of its own. Thank you.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Since I haven't had any luck digging this up on my own and it seems simple enough in concept, I would like to see a mod that disables potion aesthetic effects only. Remove the particles and haste zoom, but leave the actual effect of the potion intact. Several mods seem to make use of the system in order to add buffs to the player, but the constant particles obscure my vision while the haste zoom gives me a headache and makes that particular effect unuseable for me. I've seen something of this nature bundled in with a much larger mod, but I'd like to see it as a standalone mod of its own. Thank you.
With particles you could just put your particles on Decreased. This is not right in your face. And i think I've seen a mod/thing where you could disable individual particles on its own.