Request Suggest mods for creation here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
It has occurred to me that the new Phantom mob is going to be a potential problem for any 13.x Skyblock maps. There are times when you have to spend many nights without sleeping, just because you haven't gotten enough string for a bed. Something that can either extend the 'insomnia counter' or a thing that can protect a limited area from phantom spawns might be useful.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
About time there is a flying enemy, but I'm sure it'll follow the same spawning rules as Ghasts, where there needs to be a block with space above it for it to spawn. So, no real threat to skyblocks.
Sky island style packs though.....

Next we need flying creepers. "Incoming" - in worms voice

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
About time there is a flying enemy, but I'm sure it'll follow the same spawning rules as Ghasts, where there needs to be a block with space above it for it to spawn. So, no real threat to skyblocks.
Sky island style packs though.....

Next we need flying creepers. "Incoming" - in worms voice

Nha. Lets just have phantoms pick up creepers at random and drop them on you.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It has occurred to me that the new Phantom mob is going to be a potential problem for any 13.x Skyblock maps. There are times when you have to spend many nights without sleeping, just because you haven't gotten enough string for a bed. Something that can either extend the 'insomnia counter' or a thing that can protect a limited area from phantom spawns might be useful.

Skyblock huts will become a popular thing. As will adding the turret mod and forcefeald mods.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Still looking for a recreation of some type of peaceful table.... the missus can't see well enough to fight mobs, and she can't kill animals all that well either...

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Still looking for a recreation of some type of peaceful table.... the missus can't see well enough to fight mobs, and she can't kill animals all that well either...
I'll submit maybe something like the Pam's Harvestcraft traps. Its definitely not the same thing: You'd need to use crafttweaker (if allowed) to get it to drop hostile drops occassionally. Having said that, it would be a bit more thematic than the traditional peaceful table.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'll submit maybe something like the Pam's Harvestcraft traps. Its definitely not the same thing: You'd need to use crafttweaker (if allowed) to get it to drop hostile drops occassionally. Having said that, it would be a bit more thematic than the traditional peaceful table.

You don't get ender pearls nor any End mob drops from those... It also included a crafting recipe for nether stars.. It would be just for our use so I could look into craft tweaker, (never used it, and tbh a bit timid on the idea of trying to sort it out) but it would have to also make it so the traps accept a sword for "bait" and not use one sword for one drop like the current bait/trap works...

I just think the community would like to see the peaceful table's return... I can't be the only one...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012

Reciprocity

Jul 29, 2019
I posted this on r/feedthebeast but it didn't get much traction there. Perhaps due to lack of exposure or timing, perhaps 'cause it's a bad idea :p Either way I really dig this mod idea and wanted to give it another go. I might cross-post there again (and if that's a poor etiquette move I won't do it).

It's a hybrid of Journeymap + Antique Atlas + more "realistic" & complex mechanics.

The Basics:
The typical/standard Journeymap mini-map is not present until a player crafts, places, and powers a "primary" or central pylon/tower in the world (tall-ish multiblock). Once placed and powered the mini-map would appear and would map out a set area of X/Y/Z chunks.

In order to increase the number of chunks mapped the player would need to A) explore that area and B) place additional "secondary" or communication pylons/towers. Again each pylon/tower would increase the number of chunks mapped.

The more exploration + communication pylons/towers placed the greater the mapping that takes place.

Unlike Antique Atlas the maps would include mobs (friendly, hostile, villagers, etc) just like Journeymap does (requires crafting components).

Example Functionality & Configs (i.e. you can set "Power Requirement" to false and the network functions without needing power):
  • Power Requirement: The central pylon/tower requires power.
  • Power Increase: The more communication pylons/towers placed, the more power (RF/t) the central pylon/tower requires.
  • Module Requirements: To track hostile entities on the mini-map, a Hostile Entity Tracker module must be installed in the central pylon/tower. Same for non-hostile. Same for below ground/cave mapping, etc.
  • Player Item requirement: In order for the player to have a mini-map they must not only construct the central pylon/tower but also must carry a "GPS device" (have it be bauble friendly).
  • Sharing/Security System: Player A can give Players B, C, D, etc access to the mapping network if they craft the "GPS Device" and link it to the central pylon/tower (which has security settings). Or all players share access to all mapping networks. This could be automatic functionality or require a Security or Sharing Module installed on the central pylon/tower.
  • Advanced Refined Storage/AE2 integration: For very high RF/t and/or modules players can use their wireless Refined Storage/AE2 device to access their storage/crafting via the pylon/tower network.
  • Post Apocalypse Mode: Communication pylons/towers auto-generate with world gen. However they are missing a Communication Module (which is crafted and right/clicked on the central pylon/tower) and do not add to the mini-map until the linked Communication Module is inserted into the communication pylon/tower.
  • Chunks Mapped: The number of chunks mapped by each pylon/tower is configurable.
  • Teleportation: For massive RF and/or a hard-ish to craft resource (stored in the pylon/tower in very limited quantities) players can tp to the central or a communication pylon/tower. Configs could be set to only allow tp to central and/or tp to communication and/or require a module and/or an inventory item. Perhaps on a cooldown too. Perhaps item durability hit. In other words I'm trying to allow for tp but at a hefty & tough to mitigate cost.
Summary:
I love how many packs are including progression...that you cannot do X until you've done Y. The especially good packs do it logically. I feel that Journeymap (and mapping in general) has been left out of this. Gamestages + JourneyMapStages helps (and is great!) however it's more of a switch that gets flipped...no map -> total map...and lacks a logical and/or more real world system of mapping.

I have zero modding skills. This is the first mod I've thought up and never attempted to create one. With my personal life + work + family + everything I do not have the time to devote to learning how to mod and getting this created. If someone with the skills and time would be willing to take this on I'm happy to help them in any way I could!

My timing might be crap due to 1.13 being released resulting in mod makers having little spare time beyond re-configuring their mods to work with 1.13. No worries if that's the case...heck, no worries if this doesn't go anywhere! It's worth a shot :)

EDIT: Added teleportation.

Last edited:

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I like the idea. I'd give the tower an "active scan" mode as well. Give it more power (less then teleport, more then passive), and it'll automatically map around each tower that gets placed.

For the teleportation, I'd make the addon a multiblock. You add a little booth or pad to the antenna, and you arrive there. It also stores the power and the replication matter.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
My timing might be crap due to 1.13 being released resulting in mod makers having little spare time beyond re-configuring their mods to work with 1.13. No worries if that's the case...heck, no worries if this doesn't go anywhere! It's worth a shot :)

EDIT: Added teleportation.

From what I heard, there was a big re-coding done in 1.13. Modders may be hanging out on 1.12 for a while.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I like the idea. I'd give the tower an "active scan" mode as well. Give it more power (less then teleport, more then passive), and it'll automatically map around each tower that gets placed.

For the teleportation, I'd make the addon a multiblock. You add a little booth or pad to the antenna, and you arrive there. It also stores the power and the replication matter.
There's definitely scope for a more technical approach to obtaining the minimap, I'm sure there's ways to hook into what Journeymap generates and basically restrict it's renders.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Long shot, but I'll throw this out here.

Looking for someone to make a special quarry mod. Provides 2 quarries. The first is solid fuel powered only, that mines a 7x7 area, and the 2nd is a FE/RF version that mines a 15x15 area. The other difference is that the quarries only mine the blocks specified in a config file.

It's for my Factorio style modpack that's currently in development.

Reactions: Lethosos

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I got one that came to me after my AC temporarily stopped working, last night: Open Modular Flamethrowers.

You've made weapons. Endless swords, bows, arrows, even snowballs. You've even made modular tools: that pick you made out of that hard, green metal has proven invaluable in your adventures. Hell, you've even made a flamethrower that ignites hydrogen gas and spews the result on anything stupid enough to face you.

But, it just isn't enough. You demand more.

You demand a personal fire-spewing horror-weapon that fits your twisted, pyromaniacal desires. You don't want to just vomit a raging inferno at your enemies, you want to cause catastrophic combustion in style.

Your prayers to Vulcan have been answered. Enter the modular flamethrower!

Parts
Each flamer needs certain parts to work; the base model is little more than a framework upon which you build your own personalized, handheld firestorm.

1. Fuel Unit - Determines what kind of fuel (or energy) your flamer consumes and its base characteristics. Limit one per flamethrower!
    1. RF Battery - Oxidizes atmospheric gases, liberating the more flammable portions and proceeding to light it up like the 4th of July. Less efficient (and effective) than other options in terms of power consumption, it makes up for that in sheer versatility and ease-of-use. For the casual pyromaniac on the go.
    2. Hydrogen Gas Tank - A favourite of one Aidan Brady, hydrogen gas (either acquired in-mod or by using Mekanism) is shunted into the nozzle where a simple mechanical igniter does the heavy lifting of turning a relatively harmless gas into a significantly more harmful jet of raging fury. Since your fuel is pre-made, you need less energy (in terms of electricity) to fuel this bad boy, and it gets much hotter than its electrical counterpart, but fueling it is far less convenient. For when you really want something dead, but don't necessarily want to set the surrounding forest on fire by accident.
    3. Napalm - The WWII classic! A flammable liquid spews from this bad boy in a nice, lean jet of pure, hateful vengeance. Napalm takes some fair resources to make in quantity (either from that petroleum you refined out of an oil spring, or something you squeezed out of that weird sand you found in Hell), but it makes up for the cost and inconvenience in significant damage over time. Oh, and collateral damage. Great for clearing dense underbrush from the jungle or turning a village's iron guardian into a pool of molten slag!
    4. Thaumic Battery - Using a mixture of ignis, aer, and potentia, you managed to create a thaumic way to commit war crimes! Burns like hydrogen gas, if a mite hotter, but instead of using electrolysis to fuel your murderous rampage, you just charge this bad boy with some magic and get to setting things ablaze!
    5. Chromic Matrix - Portokali is such a beautiful element. The searing heat it can create is second to none; when mixed with some Kitrino for extra oomph and Tahara to tie it all together, you come closer to harnessing the raging, hellish inferno that powers the sun. Even better, it draws from your personal stores of crystal energy! Just be careful to not aim it at that beautiful log cabin you made, or you might end up with a pile of scorching hot embers where a once tastefully appointed abode once stood.
  2. Barrel - Without this, you'd basically just end up lighting yourself on fire! They come in two lengths: standard and long. Standard barrels don't modify the range of the flame you emit, but their intensity isn't impacted negatively, either. Long barrels give you extra range, but fires of your madness don't burn quite as hot.
    1. Steel - The workhorse of metals. Steel is perfectly serviceable for all but napalm and a chromic matrix; try to use steel with those, and the only thing you'll be melting is your pretty little toy!
    2. Hardened Steel - A little more time in the ol' foundry made this bad boy! Its steel, but way more hardcore! It can handle the blazing power of napalm, no problem! The chromic matrix, alas, is still beyond its reach.
    3. Thaumium-Steel - By alloying that cool, magical metal you can make with something a little less soft (read: wimpy), you made a metal with all the magical properties of thaumium and the durability of steel! It can work with your good buddy, napalm, but it really shines when paired with a thaumic battery. With its proper mate, thaumium-steel enhances the fires that come from its purple-tinged throat, making them burn hotter and longer! Of course, you should watch out to not aim it in the direction of that forest you were preserving for its aesthetic appeal...well, not unless you're in dire need of more charcoal.
    4. Tungsten Carbide - You've been using this metal for your reactor's turbines (especially those big, honkin' buggers that can churn out nearly 9GW of power), but you realized something: its insanely tough! It can easily handle anything you throw at it! Napalm, hydrogen, thaumic hellfire, and even that nifty chromic matrix you've been eyeing for some time, now! The world will feel your wrath!
    5. Iridescent Crystal - You've spent so long pondering on how to eke as much power out of that chromic matrix you made, until an idea hit you! Its all light! Its only once it comes out the other end that you get fire! And those pretty crystals you made out of their refined little brothers can act both as a stabilizer and enhancer for all sorts of chromic shenanigans! Alas, it can't handle anything else, since its a solid, but it makes the already insanely powerful jet of chromic death coming out of your toy even more potent, capable of turning mobs into vapour!
  3. Nozzle - With the above-mentioned materials, you can make a variety of nozzles that affect the shape, spread, and range of your flaming rage!
    1. Standard - A standard-issue flamethrower nozzle. It does nothing special, but hey, its easy to make and, sometimes, all you really need is a nice balance between reach, heat, and girth when it comes to drenching all you see in a sea of searing flames.
    2. Wide - Who needs length when you've got the girth of Vulcan himself?! You can't cause nearly as much ranged devastation as the other kids on the block, but everything in a wide swath in front of you had better get out of the way if it doesn't want to face a painfully straight rendition of Disco Inferno.
    3. Narrow - When ultimate precision matters. Sure, you're not a sniper rifle, but you've got the greatest accuracy you can get out of a base-model flamer! For when you really that one skeleton in particular to meet the most grisly possible end!
Of course, you'd also have a slew of upgrades! Things like turning your jet of flame into a single blob of doom, turning your thaumic flamethrower into a taintthrower, inverting the whole shebang and making an icethrower, or going up beyond 11 and straight to 20 by adding a super-heating module that turns your normal flames into a 150,000,000 degree Celsius jet of plasma to not just destroy your target, but completely atomize it!

Because fire is awesome and deserves its own dedicated mod, by Vulcan!

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
I’d love to see a remote linking device for Botania mana spreaders. You would bind it to a spreader, then aim at a block like you would using a bow. Right click, and you’ll target the block with the spreader. It could use mana, possibly a base cost plus scaling over a distance.

Perhaps a mana lens would do this - combine it with a messenger lens for longer range, then place it in a mana blaster. If that’s how it’s done, you could pair two lenses; one for the blaster, one for the spreader.

Really, I just want to be able to point at some block far away and say, “hit that with a mana blast”. It would be handy for compact setups where you can see but not reach the target, or my intended use, remote aiming entropic lens blasts.

Either this or some form of automation that can hold a mana blaster and a mana tablet.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I’d love to see a remote linking device for Botania mana spreaders. You would bind it to a spreader, then aim at a block like you would using a bow. Right click, and you’ll target the block with the spreader. It could use mana, possibly a base cost plus scaling over a distance.
Hiya mathwiz

I feel like I'm totally misinterpreting this or something, but the wand can be put into one of two modes. One of those modes is a "binding" mode that lets you click on a spreader, and then click on any other block. The spreader will target that block accordingly.

Sorry if I'm telling you the blindingly obvious, I'm just guessing its possible to miss it.

(This is just for your Mana Spreader comment specifically, I didn't fully understand the rest)