Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
2 questions, both regarding a Wither spawner (mechanical users+shield protector).

1)I put a timer in the redstone circuit activating the placement in order to interval it, but the timer just goes on its on, I need an easy way to make an AND circuit, so that it needs the timer signal AND a lever/button's

2)is there some thing that lets me keep a certain number of items in an inventory?. Let me explain: my mechanical users, which place the soul sand and skulls, are hooked up to 2 chests, with sand and skulls. And the chests are hooked up to my AE network with export buses . So all my skulls get sucked into the chests and then into the users. Leaving my network empty of them and me not knowing how many I got, and creating clutter.This is not my optimal setup but it was the quickest.
What I would love to do is have a stack in the chests and feed the skulls/sand to the mech users when needed, or if that is not possible (tried extracting when signal active from chests but it only placed one sand and skull obviously), keep a stack in both users and chests
Due to the mention of mechanical users I'm assuming 1.10 here.
1) The simplest ways would either be using the RFTools Logic Gate, or a super circuit maker circuit.

2) Extra Utils transfer filters can specify both what to place in an inventory, and to keep a single item or a single stack (or unlimted) in there, use them in tandem with an AE interface, transfer pipes and a transfer node. You might be able to do it with AE2 subnetworks as well, although this is more complicated to pull off.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
You can only extract whatever fluid is in the bottom of a smeltery, and that'll be whatever fluid was put in first.

If there was a way to filter fluids that'd work, but options are limited. At this point in the pack the only options really are Magneticraft or Immersive Engineering, and I don't know how to do it with either of those. There's a few other options, buildcraft and gregtech for example, but those all require a higher tech level then what is available right now.

Brings back memories - I remember having and Villager spawner over a smeltery and it required a liquid metal to kill the villagers to get emeralds.

It was done with a timer/piston system on ENDERIO fluid pipes (Filtered) extracting the liquid metal to a tank and then putting it back 10 seconds later. The emerald was filtered on a separate pipe & drain, if emerald was still in the tank when the metal was returned it did not matter as the emerald was then on the bottom.

If you don't have the EnderIO mod you should from memory be able to do it with buildcraft but I am not certain.

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
1) The simplest ways would either be using the RFTools Logic Gate, or a super circuit maker circuit.

2) Extra Utils transfer filters can specify both what to place in an inventory, and to keep a single item or a single stack (or unlimted) in there, use them in tandem with an AE interface, transfer pipes and a transfer node. You might be able to do it with AE2 subnetworks as well, although this is more complicated to pull off.
thanks.
regarding 1), derp, the logic gate by rftools is awesome.

regarding 2): my setup is like pic related, so there is no space for putting pipes behind the users.
ideas?

Attachments

• 2017-02-02_13.32.23.png
    2017-02-02_13.32.23.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 65

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
Farming Emeralds.

Is there any way in FTB Direwolf20 1.10?
It's really bugging me, and manually gettin them from villagers is a huge hassle..

leosky

Jul 29, 2019

Also hwo do I set the item filter to have a certain number of items? cant figure it out

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Farming Emeralds.

Is there any way in FTB Direwolf20 1.10?
It's really bugging me, and manually gettin them from villagers is a huge hassle..

Villager spawner over a Smeltery still work? You'll need a bit of molten metal to do the dirty work, and you'll likely have to manage pumping that metal out then back in occasionally to let the emerald hit the bottom of the tank to be pumped into a casting table/basin, but a few filtered pipes, a Redstone clock, and a holding tank should be easy enough to figure out.

You're still getting the emeralds from the villagers, it's just not quite as humane. At least it's automated.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Also hwo do I set the item filter to have a certain number of items? cant figure it out
Place the transfer filter on the inventory, right click it and set it to Unlimted, Single Stack or Single Item, as needed, these can accept an item filter too to specify what is allowed inside.

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
Villager spawner over a Smeltery still work? You'll need a bit of molten metal to do the dirty work, and you'll likely have to manage pumping that metal out then back in occasionally to let the emerald hit the bottom of the tank to be pumped into a casting table/basin, but a few filtered pipes, a Redstone clock, and a holding tank should be easy enough to figure out.

You're still getting the emeralds from the villagers, it's just not quite as humane. At least it's automated.
That seems to be the only/best method, is there some good compact design for a villager breeder? And how do I control how many villager get dropped and leave some to breed?

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
Place the transfer filter on the inventory, right click it and set it to Unlimted, Single Stack or Single Item, as needed, these can accept an item filter too to specify what is allowed inside.
You mean item filter? what do you mean place it ON the inventory? I can only place the filter in a node, right clicking it doesnt give me those options.

You're gonna have to be more precise, because I dont understand, sorry .
I cant get to a screen where I have a single item, stack or unlimited option.
pic related is what I see when right clicking the filter.

Attachments

• 2017-02-02_18.38.53.png
    2017-02-02_18.38.53.png
    784.2 KB · Views: 48

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You mean item filter? what do you mean place it ON the inventory? I can only place the filter in a node, right clicking it doesnt give me those options.

You're gonna have to be more precise, because I dont understand, sorry .
I cant get to a screen where I have a single item, stack or unlimited option.
pic related is what I see when right clicking the filter.
No i mean Transfer Filter. The item filter is the filter for specifying what can go in, it goes in either a transfer node to specify what can come out, or a transfer filter, to specify what can come in. The Transfer filter has the option to say how many.

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
No i mean Transfer Filter. The item filter is the filter for specifying what can go in, it goes in either a transfer node to specify what can come out, or a transfer filter, to specify what can come in. The Transfer filter has the option to say how many.
Oh I got it, I managed to make it work.
Thanks for the help!

leosky

Jul 29, 2019

Ok, it doesnt seem to work, or at least not like anywhere I can find, with a smeltery. 1.10 must have changed something about breeding

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Ok, it doesnt seem to work, or at least not like anywhere I can find, with a smeltery. 1.10 must have changed something about breeding
gotta keep them happy to get them in the mood to breed , easiest way to have a farmer villager in the breeding section harvesting and replant a small plot of vanila crops (i just did beetroot). villagers are simply trading = happiness and enough food = happiness (the farming villager might have to be able to reach another villager and the first definitely needs to be able to reach the crops .

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
gotta keep them happy to get them in the mood to breed , easiest way to have a farmer villager in the breeding section harvesting and replant a small plot of vanila crops (i just did beetroot). villagers are simply trading = happiness and enough food = happiness (the farming villager might have to be able to reach another villager and the first definitely needs to be able to reach the crops .

I've found that villagers really like it if you drop them in a smeltery *ahem* tanning bed.

A tanned villager is a happy villager.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

And mobGriefing has to be True. Otherwise, they will not harvest or pick up food. (Found this out on a vanilla server when one of our people was trying to 'feed villagers'.)

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
that's not possible for me because I built the whole thing over a smeltery and the floor moves to kill them.
and keeping them happy doesnt seem to wok.
no exchange makes them produce the particle effects

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
Btw not related, but does anybody else have problems with mechanical users glitching the hell out?
I used to be able to automate wither spawning and killing.
But now, out of the goddamn blue, mechanical users decided they dont wanna place wither skull anymore. tried every option of action inside of the mech users and they just wont work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Vanilla dispensors might do the trick for the skulls, might wanna stagger them slightly from the sand placement though.