Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I've found that villagers really like it if you drop them in a smeltery *ahem* tanning bed.

A tanned villager is a happy villager.
except when there tooo tanned to breed

that's not possible for me because I built the whole thing over a smeltery and the floor moves to kill them.
and keeping them happy doesnt seem to wok.
no exchange makes them produce the particle effects
maybe more doors(insufficient "houses" means no need for them to breed to repopulate fortuneately they have a very crude defintion of a house a roof and doors ish ) ,something about the value being tied to "village happness" (i dont really understand how trades cause happiness minus something about trades running out and how they refresh ) there is a mention about not removing the last villager from the village if u wanna keep the village score(whether that is relevant for this idk) .

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
except when there tooo tanned to breed

maybe more doors(insufficient "houses" means no need for them to breed to repopulate fortuneately they have a very crude defintion of a house a roof and doors ish ) ,something about the value being tied to "village happness" (i dont really understand how trades cause happiness minus something about trades running out and how they refresh ) there is a mention about not removing the last villager from the village if u wanna keep the village score(whether that is relevant for this idk) .
I may be doing something wrong since I'm no vanilla expert. this is my setup, 6 doors. there is 5 blocks between the feet of the villagers and the head of the other villagers. I copied a setup of a video I saw that is supposed to work with 1.10.
I dropped carrots, apples, traded with them. Dont know what to do

Attachments

• 2017-02-04_13.20.18.png
    2017-02-04_13.20.18.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 61

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
So, apparently plotz.co.uk maxes out at 256x256 cubes... I am in search for an guiding page for an 1000+ diameter sphere (chisel n bit's, for those who think it aint possible) oranj.io fails at it too, so i have to see if there are more pages that can provide me with shematics. (I dont need that fancy 3d view that plotz or oranj gives one. I asume that this is what actually keeps them from working in that high numberrange)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I may be doing something wrong since I'm no vanilla expert. this is my setup, 6 doors. there is 5 blocks between the feet of the villagers and the head of the other villagers. I copied a setup of a video I saw that is supposed to work with 1.10.
I dropped carrots, apples, traded with them. Dont know what to do
tooooo little doors/houses for 1 build type, wrong dimensions for the other build type .

"Villagers need to be inside a sphere (radius = village radius) around the village center in order to breed. But the village population counts only villagers that are inside a box (width, length = 2× village radius, height: 9 [always!]) around the village center. So with a sphere that can grow to any size, and a box that's always only 9 high, it should be apparent that there are some zones only covered by the sphere (above and below the village center)."

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I am using a controller via mouse and keyboard emulation. I just started a new server that has all of the mods I had before, but I'm missing a feature.

The keyboard emulation is making shift a toggle to emulate the console sneak button, but on the previous server, any time I opened a chest or something, it would automatically disable the shift. It's not doing that any more and it is making me place blocks any time I want to open another chest. I have to think it's a setting in inventory tweaks but I can't find it.

Any ideas?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, apparently plotz.co.uk maxes out at 256x256 cubes... I am in search for an guiding page for an 1000+ diameter sphere (chisel n bit's, for those who think it aint possible) oranj.io fails at it too, so i have to see if there are more pages that can provide me with shematics. (I dont need that fancy 3d view that plotz or oranj gives one. I asume that this is what actually keeps them from working in that high numberrange)

This looks like it might do the trick. http://perfectsphere.codeplex.com/releases You'll need to use the 'complex' tab and have it output the layers in sections (like layers 1-100 or 999-1000), but it didn't balk at those numbers when I entered them.

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
tooooo little doors/houses for 1 build type, wrong dimensions for the other build type .

"Villagers need to be inside a sphere (radius = village radius) around the village center in order to breed. But the village population counts only villagers that are inside a box (width, length = 2× village radius, height: 9 [always!]) around the village center. So with a sphere that can grow to any size, and a box that's always only 9 high, it should be apparent that there are some zones only covered by the sphere (above and below the village center)."
sorry but that explanation is more confusing than not ahah
do you have some image or simple design that should work? weird because the one I copied is supposed to work in 1.10

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
sorry but that explanation is more confusing than not ahah
do you have some image or simple design that should work? weird because the one I copied is supposed to work in 1.10

I use impulsesv's simple breeder. it works at least up to 1.11 ...

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I use impulsesv's simple breeder. it works at least up to 1.11 ...

Might want to install a lever on the farm trapdoor in case you don't get lucky with a Farmer right away. You'll have to babysit them while force feeding them to get one.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Might want to install a lever on the farm trapdoor in case you don't get lucky with a Farmer right away. You'll have to babysit them while force feeding them to get one.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

True, I also add a piston on the glass barrier above the trapdoor. Not many of my baby villagers seem to fall in, so I have to push a lot of adults over the precipice!

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!

Maybe somone can help me with a Mo Creature issue.
After I give a medaillon to a kitty, he lays down on the floor. If I right click it to take it on my head, I can't release it.

Right click, shift or shift click doesn't work. Sometimes I somehow manage to release it, but it remains stuck on the floor around my feet.

I tried the mod on a clean install of Minecraft 1.10.2 with CustomMobSpawner 3.10.1 and Forge 1.10.2-12.18.1.2095.

Is this a bug of the last version of the mod or is me failing at using the mod ?

Please help.

Thanks.

orLB7EPm.png
xfFcxcUm.png
Th0Lzanm.png

M

Muaht

I'm thinking of clearing away a Thaumcraft obelisk with a Buildcraft quarry. Is this even possible?

EDIT: And of using the same technique to locate pesky underground AE meteorites that are impossible to find in their respective chunks despite hitting bedrock. Can this be done? Technically two questions I know, but I don't want to rip up half the world to find out.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm thinking of clearing away a Thaumcraft obelisk with a Buildcraft quarry. Is this even possible?

EDIT: And of using the same technique to locate pesky underground AE meteorites that are impossible to find in their respective chunks despite hitting bedrock. Can this be done? Technically two questions I know, but I don't want to rip up half the world to find out.

Both of these items have obsidian hardness, so the blocks should mine with any quarry that can go through obsidian. The Thaumcraft obelisk may still leave the node associated with it, so check the area with Goggles of Revealing.

I have used a quarry to carve through an AE meteorite, but I don't recall what mod provided the quarry. It was in Space Astronomy and set up this elaborate animated frame with a moving 'drill head' and everything. Whatever quarry you use, do a controlled test to see if it captures chest contents. (Put something obviously constructed, like a block of coal into a chest and let it get quarried.)

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
And of using the same technique to locate pesky underground AE meteorites that are impossible to find in their respective chunks despite hitting bedrock. Can this be done? Technically two questions I know, but I don't want to rip up half the world to find out.
This can be done if you have a some kind of block breaker/quarry which can have filters to prevent harvesting specific blocks.

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to automate Milk in the 1.10.2 Direwolf20 pack (for Pam's Harvestcraft)? Looking on Google gave me no clue.