Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing v1.7.10 without any problems whatsoever... but I decided to try a v1.10.2 modpack and I seem to have a problem with the game freezing up for a few seconds at a time, it seems to happen about once every 1-2 minutes. Looking for any explanation or suggestion to help me. Is this a return of the java garbage collection freezes? Why is it only happening in v1.10.2 and not v1.7.10 modpacks? While it's certainly not a game-breaking issue, it's definitely enough to make me only want to play older modpacks (which are much better anyways, sorry to say but my opinion is that this game is on the downhill side thanks to Microsoft getting involved, they are the greatest game-killer in the history of corporate greed and Notch was such a moron to sell out to them even if it did make him fabulously wealthy).

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I've been playing v1.7.10 without any problems whatsoever... but I decided to try a v1.10.2 modpack and I seem to have a problem with the game freezing up for a few seconds at a time, it seems to happen about once every 1-2 minutes.
Hmm. I have this issue too; I just assumed it was because I was pushing my system to the max, running it on a... must be nearly 8 year old laptop, with only 3GB of RAM, and that 1.10 is notoriously RAM hungry when compared to previous.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
1.10.2 does push garbage collection of objects more than 1.7.10 did.

First step: Try using G1GC -- java 8's version of g1gc works wonderfully for me. Remove all the tuning options that you might have added for past garbage collectors.

Second: Use VisualVM to look at the garbage collection graphically.

Core question: Including virtual cores, do you have at least 4 cores? Server thread, client thread, misc stuff, garbage collection.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
1.7.10 Tinkers' Construct

Is there anyway of moving a fluid to the bottom of the smeltery automatically? For the purposes of a blood/liquid ender farm, need to keep some fluid in the smeltery, but the fluid you put in first to act as the always there mob killer sits on the bottom forever.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
1.7.10 Tinkers' Construct

Is there anyway of moving a fluid to the bottom of the smeltery automatically? For the purposes of a blood/liquid ender farm, need to keep some fluid in the smeltery, but the fluid you put in first to act as the always there mob killer sits on the bottom forever.
Cant you just use a fluiduct/conduit/whatever that either filters the fluid you wish to extract, or blacklist the one you want to keep?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Cant you just use a fluiduct/conduit/whatever that either filters the fluid you wish to extract, or blacklist the one you want to keep?
You can only extract whatever fluid is in the bottom of a smeltery, and that'll be whatever fluid was put in first.

If there was a way to filter fluids that'd work, but options are limited. At this point in the pack the only options really are Magneticraft or Immersive Engineering, and I don't know how to do it with either of those. There's a few other options, buildcraft and gregtech for example, but those all require a higher tech level then what is available right now.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You can only extract whatever fluid is in the bottom of a smeltery, and that'll be whatever fluid was put in first.

If there was a way to filter fluids that'd work, but options are limited. At this point in the pack the only options really are Magneticraft or Immersive Engineering, and I don't know how to do it with either of those. There's a few other options, buildcraft and gregtech for example, but those all require a higher tech level then what is available right now.
Alternative would be to pull everything out on a timer, store the blood seperate from the other material, and pump the other material back in again.
As long as you have any kind of fluid filtering solution, this should be a simple matter.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Right, I'm working on that nature themed pack, and I saw something...

Direwolf20 is playing SkyFactory 3, and he's got crates, really BIG crates, I even saw a chest to crate upgrade. What mod did that, because I'd love to use that instead of iron chests.
Actually Additions

Reactions: ICountFrom0
T

tigereye504

My sister is running a ftb infinity server on her new computer, but it suffers massive latency once I craft a quarry or ender quarry (but before I place it). What could be causing this?

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
My sister is running a ftb infinity server on her new computer, but it suffers massive latency once I craft a quarry or ender quarry (but before I place it). What could be causing this?
probably TPS issues. (tick lag) batch crafting can sometimes be weird too. but it could be a whole slew of other issues.. like not putting enough memory or the cpu is not stronk enough to handle...

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

E

erogegarden

I want to change block id's on a forge 1.7.10 server, however, I do not see the config folder in its directory?

Attachments

• screencap.PNG
    screencap.PNG
    26.1 KB · Views: 53

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I've seen Let's Plays with a smelter connected to tanks via pipes in a closed system, where the contents of the smeltery is pumped out and each metal is stored in liquid form in it's own filtered tank. What doesn't have a tank to go to is dumped back into the smelter (GenericB built the one I remember from over a year ago).

A system like this can run continuously with only blood, for example, being returned to the smelter.

Come to think of it, Direwolf20 used a similar method to get rid of the blood the one or two times he smelted villagers for emeralds, and a truncated version in 1.10.2 can be used to generate Obsidian by pumping a bucket of lava and one of water into the smelter.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft Essentia Jars (though the same question for mirrors) how do you unlink them? I accidentally linked several jars together as I was stacking them in my store room. Now I cant figure out how to remove the link

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thaumcraft Essentia Jars (though the same question for mirrors) how do you unlink them? I accidentally linked several jars together as I was stacking them in my store room. Now I cant figure out how to remove the link
Linda is this a TC 5 thing? I'm not familiar with Linked jars in 4.2.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
yeah tried that. I found a.. kinda workaround, make a new jar and link the old to that that overrides the previous link. At least I no longer have 4 jars linked to Arbor ^^ but not the best workaround.

Gadomancy is a great addon :)

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
2 questions, both regarding a Wither spawner (mechanical users+shield protector).

1)I put a timer in the redstone circuit activating the placement in order to interval it, but the timer just goes on its on, I need an easy way to make an AND circuit, so that it needs the timer signal AND a lever/button's

2)is there some thing that lets me keep a certain number of items in an inventory?. Let me explain: my mechanical users, which place the soul sand and skulls, are hooked up to 2 chests, with sand and skulls. And the chests are hooked up to my AE network with export buses . So all my skulls get sucked into the chests and then into the users. Leaving my network empty of them and me not knowing how many I got, and creating clutter.This is not my optimal setup but it was the quickest.
What I would love to do is have a stack in the chests and feed the skulls/sand to the mech users when needed, or if that is not possible (tried extracting when signal active from chests but it only placed one sand and skull obviously), keep a stack in both users and chests