Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is it possible to automate Milk in the 1.10.2 Direwolf20 pack (for Pam's Harvestcraft)? Looking on Google gave me no clue.
could use a mechanical user facing a cow holding a bucket(or several buckets) set to target entitys and right click . then have something automatically extract the bucket(s) of milk ,at least in 1.7.10 pams(1.10 should still have it) had fresh milk which was made from crafting the bucket of milk alone to get fresh milk and the bucket back

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I have a (hopefully) simple question:

In my small 1.10.2 modpack, Actually Additions crops have the (very handy) right-click-to-harvest feature. Unfortunately (and naturally) the vanilla ones do not, and nor do the Mystical Agriculture ones. Is there anything I could add simply and straightforwardly to allow/extend this feature to all crops, including the MA ones?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
How do you automate harvesting Sugar Canes using EnderIO's Farming Station?
? i just placed down a farming station in what used to be a manual(ie not automated) farm (that had 4 vanilla sugar cane spots growing )and it just harvested the sugarcane non bottom sugar canes when they grew(i remember this because sugar cane automatically ended up in a seed slot when i was setting it up i locked the seed slots soon after without a sugar cane in them ).

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, @Everlasting2.

Got another question. Can Yellorium be found in the Deep Dark (Direwolf20 1.10.2)? According to the World Gen, it only shows the Overworld.
It was in the Deep Dark in 1.7.10, so I would assume it would be in this. But I don't know the depth of it. I'm pre-planning a Quarry here (but going for an Extreme Reactor to power it).

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I have a (hopefully) simple question:

In my small 1.10.2 modpack, Actually Additions crops have the (very handy) right-click-to-harvest feature. Unfortunately (and naturally) the vanilla ones do not, and nor do the Mystical Agriculture ones. Is there anything I could add simply and straightforwardly to allow/extend this feature to all crops, including the MA ones?
Searched 'right' on CurseForge and found four options on the first page. Kindly take your pick

(P.S. each word links to a different mod)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, @Everlasting2.

Got another question. Can Yellorium be found in the Deep Dark (Direwolf20 1.10.2)? According to the World Gen, it only shows the Overworld.
It was in the Deep Dark in 1.7.10, so I would assume it would be in this. But I don't know the depth of it. I'm pre-planning a Quarry here (but going for an Extreme Reactor to power it).

Extreme Reactors was not added to the pack until version 1.1 and I don't think the world gen got sorted out until 1.2 or 1.3, so if you went to the deep dark during an early version of the pack you will have to move out to new chunks but besides that I am pretty sure it is there now.

A

Aryk

Never really got into mind craft completely new. I'm wanting to try the game out and I heard that Direwolf20 was a good mod for noobs. My cousin said my computer wouldn't be able to handle it so he tried getting me a different mod pack. He got me all light mods, which took 3 hours just load it up and once that was finished I couldn't even lower the settings because it was slowing my computer down so badly. Anyways my question is can my computer handle direwolf20 and if not could somebody recommend me to a mod pack my computer might be able to handle. Here's the specs of my computer, Intel(r) celeror(r) cpu n3150 @ 1.60 ghz installed memory (ram) 4.0 gb . 64 bit operating system x64 based processor. Some help would be really nice. Just had a newborn daughter and I'm trying to find a game I can play on my off time.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Never really got into mind craft completely new. I'm wanting to try the game out and I heard that Direwolf20 was a good mod for noobs. My cousin said my computer wouldn't be able to handle it so he tried getting me a different mod pack. He got me all light mods, which took 3 hours just load it up and once that was finished I couldn't even lower the settings because it was slowing my computer down so badly. Anyways my question is can my computer handle direwolf20 and if not could somebody recommend me to a mod pack my computer might be able to handle. Here's the specs of my computer, Intel(r) celeror(r) cpu n3150 @ 1.60 ghz installed memory (ram) 4.0 gb . 64 bit operating system x64 based processor. Some help would be really nice. Just had a newborn daughter and I'm trying to find a game I can play on my off time.

I know this is the FTB thread, but given your relative newness and time constraints with the newborn, I don't think you need to play with mods at all. And if you're not going to play with mods, the Win10/PE version can be a better user experience all around. You can play that on any pc with Windows 10 or any tablet with windows PE.

Initial setup is a lot easier, and it's a lot more efficient so it'll run well on anything. It used to be pretty inferior, but it's catching up fast. For a vanilla game only, though.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Your computer is a little low on RAM to handle much in the line of mods. (And I've been there with the kid-schedule.) Try out the vanilla game first off, and see if you like it. There's still tons of stuff you can do. If you like it and want to get into mods, you'll want to add a bit more RAM - I have 8 Gb, and haven't had much trouble with most of the 1.7 modpacks.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Extreme Reactors was not added to the pack until version 1.1 and I don't think the world gen got sorted out until 1.2 or 1.3, so if you went to the deep dark during an early version of the pack you will have to move out to new chunks but besides that I am pretty sure it is there now.
I'm in version 1.5.0 of the pack. Do you know the depth? Is it the same as it is in the Overworld?

M

Muaht

Never really got into mind craft completely new. I'm wanting to try the game out ... my computer, Intel(r) celeror(r) cpu n3150 @ 1.60 ghz installed memory (ram) 4.0 gb . 64 bit operating system x64 based processor. Some help would be really nice. Just had a newborn daughter and I'm trying to find a game I can play on my off time.

G'day bud.

When I first started screwing around with modded MC my old comp was similar to yours. While I've always been somewhat bewildered by the lack of support from the modding community concerning low end comps (or "potatoes") the fact is mods are highly addictive, like coffee or reading about contemporary American politics. The good news is a potato like yours should be able to handle about 50 mods, as mine did. I made a "mini-beast" modpack of 50 mods at one stage, essentially the FTB flagship kitchen sink style thing but with heaps less filler. I'd really like to work out how to post modpacks on the launcher, as I really enjoy compiling small thematic modpacks for potato players. Half the original charm of minecraft was it could be played on a glorified toaster, and I really think that quality shouldn't be lost even with mods included.

The Curse launcher these days REALLY makes custom packs easy, although configs take a bit of getting used to. Make a small pack, try avoid later MC versions (ie; use 1.7.10) and Bob will be your Aunty. Welcome to cubeland.

EDIT: oh and @OniyaMCD thnx for your reply to my question BTW.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013

Grats on the baby girl!

You know what they say about having a daughter? If you had a boy, you only have to worry about one little prick...

Aherm... *cough*

Okay... To your question.
Yeah, you don't have enough ram. Most 1.10 packs need a minimum of 4gigs to run, thus leaving nothing for your operating system, or any other programs to do anything while playing.

Suggestion:
You could try some of the older packs. 1.6.4 was considered a golden age in modded, 1.7.4 was really well fleshed out as well, and the packs can still be found/played. FTB and Direwolf20 had packs for those versions.
You don't have to go "bleeding edge" and play the 1.10 packs yet, as some of them are still a work in progress (*cough*infinity*cough*) and are missing some much loved (or hated) mods like Thaumcraft.

Enjoy!

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Anyways my question is can my computer handle direwolf20 and if not could somebody recommend me to a mod pack my computer might be able to handle. Here's the specs of my computer, Intel(r) celeror(r) cpu n3150 @ 1.60 ghz installed memory (ram) 4.0 gb . 64 bit operating system x64 based processor. Some help would be really nice. Just had a newborn daughter and I'm trying to find a game I can play on my off time.

Congrats!

Back to the question. i suggest getting a few mods.. if you wanna play 1.10.2 and above get foamfix. should be the one from asie.pl. also get optifine for optimisations. Some mods i recommend are : Ender IO, Actually Additions and tinkers construct.

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
@sgbros1 Perfect, thank you! :) I'll give these a go!
@sgbros1 So, I tried this one out, and it works a treat! The only thing I've noticed is that when right clicking, I'm consistently getting extra seeds - this is fine for things like the crops and stuff, but for the Mystical Agriculture ones it has the potential to get OP rather quickly! I checked the configs for MA and there is stated to be a low chance of extra seeds, but this isn't borne out by what I've observed. Its very odd!

Anyway, I've got the self-control to not take advantage of the advantage I shouldn't be having - I'll make my extra seeds the way I should do!

As a side note: The Actually Additions Farmer seems to pay no attention to this additional mod - it continues to break and replace crops. However, this means that the extra seeds do not materialise (except rarely!) so I think if I automate them that way, that will avoid the accidental cheese. Just wanted to mention that behaviour as well for those interested :)

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
I have 21k yellorium and wanna not have to worry about energy anymore.
Gimme your biggest most efficient extreme reactor design.
I wanna make a shitload of energy without my base becoming a steaming radioactive crater

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I have 21k yellorium and wanna not have to worry about energy anymore.
Gimme your biggest most efficient extreme reactor design.
I wanna make a shitload of energy without my base becoming a steaming radioactive crater
You know they don't explode, right ;) Unless they changed that in the move from Big Reactors...

I'm sure people have lots of thoughts about what designs are better; are you looking to go pure power or use turbines?

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
You know they don't explode, right ;) Unless they changed that in the move from Big Reactors...

I'm sure people have lots of thoughts about what designs are better; are you looking to go pure power or use turbines?
I havent played for a while before this playthrough, I'm not up to date ahah
I just want the most energy I can produce in a relatively simple way. materials are not an issue. if turbines add complexity then I'd leave those be.
Right now I have a 7x7x3 reactor but I put it together without knowing much