[1.7.10] Boundless Expanse-A different take on FTB Infinity

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Do you need to gate the binder composites? You could gate the other parts of the conduit recipe. That allows you to tier the conduits so that the low end are available early on but the high end aren't available for much later.
Not sure I'll be including it. The guy who does the tech path doesn't think it's necessary, and Bluedog, the original creator, had said no before. Sorry.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
The pack doesn't really need Ender IO. AE2 isn't so late game anyway. I'd rather add logistics pipes and integrate it into early game.

Don't really need to go that far. Early game you don't need a full system. I suggested earlier to enable to logistical pipes in mekanism for the sorter to do the sorter and enhanced inventories mod for the crafting aspects/storage

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Do you need to gate the binder composites? You could gate the other parts of the conduit recipe. That allows you to tier the conduits so that the low end are available early on but the high end aren't available for much later.
For the moment, I'm not going to be adding Ender IO. We already have Mekanism and Thermal Expansion, and we don't need a third full tech mod.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Don't really need to go that far. Early game you don't need a full system. I suggested earlier to enable to logistical pipes in mekanism for the sorter to do the sorter and enhanced inventories mod for the crafting aspects/storage
Alright, that works.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
For the moment, I'm not going to be adding Ender IO. We already have Mekanism and Thermal Expansion, and we don't need a third full tech mod.
It's always a matter of choice. No one mod that I can think of (lol except maybe EIO) has the best X in category Y of all tech mods. For example, I avoid mekanism cables like the plague cause of lag. I avoid thermal dynamics for same reason (cept the cryoducts), in addition been bit by a ton of bugs from TD. Mekanism has factories that kick the crap out of EIO's sag mill/alloy smelter as far as speed goes, but early game, EIO machines are very powerful since you don't need anything but power conduits to manage them. TE Resonant machines with augments are extremely fast and useful, and again, their augments are tiered to get the better capabilities.

The inventory panel is already gated since you need to use nutrient distillation to run the thing, so you have to have some infrastructure in place to use it. The conduits are the same; each of the better conduits is gated through something more difficult to make in all cases that have tiers of cables.

Whenever I play a map that has all three of those mods, I utilize all of those mods for different purposes early/mid/late game to great affect. They actually each help each other overcome any deficiencies that one mod has and allows you to think up very interesting builds with enough things to help you make better decisions.

Just my 2 cents.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Version 1.2.2 has been added to the launchers. It adds Highlands Integrator, Garden Stuff, Ztones and MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod, along with actual server files (yay!) that hopefully work.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Okay, quick question for you guys: Mind if I replace Ars Magica with something? There would be a few reasons for this:
  1. It clutters up world gen with ores that not even its respective path uses (I'm sure you've gotten a ton of Blue Topaz cluttering up your quarry). The config doesn't have an option to turn these off, either; I had a plan to turn Electrotine into Vinteum but the mod dev of AM2 just didn't think to put configs in there.
  2. While it was originally going to be a combat-based incentive mod, now that Draconic is in the pack none of those are needed.
  3. I'm pretty sure most of you haven't gotten that far into the evil path anyway.
And one more thing: Project E may be coming into the pack later. Crazy, I know, but I will try and disable most of the current EMC values and add a lot for other resources. I will do scripts for this and you can judge for yourself before I add it, though.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, quick question for you guys: Mind if I replace Ars Magica with something? There would be a few reasons for this:
  1. It clutters up world gen with ores that not even its respective path uses (I'm sure you've gotten a ton of Blue Topaz cluttering up your quarry). The config doesn't have an option to turn these off, either; I had a plan to turn Electrotine into Vinteum but the mod dev of AM2 just didn't think to put configs in there.
  2. While it was originally going to be a combat-based incentive mod, now that Draconic is in the pack none of those are needed.
  3. I'm pretty sure most of you haven't gotten that far into the evil path anyway.
And one more thing: Project E may be coming into the pack later. Crazy, I know, but I will try and disable most of the current EMC values and add a lot for other resources. I will do scripts for this and you can judge for yourself before I add it, though.
Maybe you can make it tiered or something, as a combined effort of everything?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
So my exams are done now.

This means I can start development on the skyblock mode! Yay!

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
So update on the logistics update, I'm back from my trip but some real life things have come up, and the update is suspended until some things get worked out. It shouldn't take more than a week or so.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Version 1.2.3 is awaiting approval, fixing a few bugs and changing a few recipes. The steampunk/industrial path (and the inclusion of Ender IO!) will be coming in 1.3.0.