[1.7.10] Boundless Expanse-A different take on FTB Infinity

J

jooleeboolee

is there any replacement for the tinkers' construct weapons? specifically in the tech tree

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
is there any replacement for the tinkers' construct weapons? specifically in the tech tree

One comes to mind and that's the flamethrower from Mekanism. I guess you could also use the mining lasers that are in the pack as a weapon.
For a melee weapon the atomic disassembler work pretty well

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, been waiting for this a while, great to see it released :)

2. Food mods, any plans on adding some food mods? We are kinda limited on food right now, Pam's harvestcraft would be a good option.

I've been playing the pack for a while and I have to agree with this. I love the pack but the food limitations are pretty bland. If not Pam's harvestcraft, I wonder how the community edition of growthcraft is coming along. Brewing beer could be a good alternative to hundreds of foods.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
I should mention that I am developing a skyblock version of the pack. (Because we like to ride the trend)

It's in early development, I have to flesh out the tech tree before I can actually start work. It's not gonna have Ex Nihilo or the like, it's a completely custom early-game.

Great news. So with it being a completely custom early-game I assume that it isn't garden of glass either. Really looking forward to what is offered. Skyblock's are my favorite

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I've been playing the pack for a while and I have to agree with this. I love the pack but the food limitations are pretty bland. If not Pam's harvestcraft, I wonder how the community edition of growthcraft is coming along. Brewing beer could be a good alternative to hundreds of foods.
Actually, I think having a third progression tree that involved food would be interesting. Brewing beer, etc.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
There's tons of potential there.

The Hippie progression tree would have to be heavily forestry integrated. Bio-fuel, butterflies, bee/tree breeding and the like.

On a somewhat related note, I've always found TFC's seasons/crops/animal breeding system to be one of my favorite things in all of modded minecraft. I wish that portion of TFC was made as stand-alone mod that could be used with non-TFC

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
The Hippie progression tree would have to be heavily forestry integrated. Bio-fuel, butterflies, bee/tree breeding and the like.

On a somewhat related note, I've always found TFC's seasons/crops/animal breeding system to be one of my favorite things in all of modded minecraft. I wish that portion of TFC was made as stand-alone mod that could be used with non-TFC
Actually, this isn't a bad idea. Make a nature oriented progression with forestry/gendustry. And once you get somewhere, agricraft is available to you.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, this isn't a bad idea. Make a nature oriented progression with forestry/gendustry. And once you get somewhere, agricraft is available to you.

Could make the crop sticks a carpenter recipe requiring a specific type of wood treated with biomass (not really fitting as it is a fuel source) or honey.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Or seed oil would make sense. @Bluedog444 please

It would, but I have another thought.

I would view an Outdoorsman progression to integrate the following mods

1) Forestry (More of a nature/outdoorsman tech tree. Even hippies need power)
2) Growthcraft CE (For the foods and brewing of beverages)
3) Agricraft (for end game high yield of crops)
4) Gendustry (for all that Gendustry does for bees/trees)

Crops sticks for agricraft could be gated by high end forestry wood in a carpenter treated with growthcraft mead (or other brewed beverages).

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
It would, but I have another thought.

I would view an Outdoorsman progression to integrate the following mods

1) Forestry (More of a nature/outdoorsman tech tree. Even hippies need power)
2) Growthcraft CE (For the foods and brewing of beverages)
3) Agricraft (for end game high yield of crops)
4) Gendustry (for all that Gendustry does for bees/trees)

Crops sticks for agricraft could be gated by high end forestry wood in a carpenter treated with growthcraft mead (or other brewed beverages).
Yeah that sounds good to me.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that sounds good to me.

Probably gate Gendustry by requiring 10/10/10 seeds if that is possible (may not be). Gendustry would have to be heavily gated since it can easily be used to bypass so much of other requirements.

Further progression could make growthcraft crops only accessible via crop breeding (There aren't many Rice, Hopps, Grapes). Could also implement Extra Food mod to add some food recipes.